again? sheesh...what a joke!

kepdawg
10-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
again? sheesh...what a joke!

Again?

JR2004
10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes...2nd year in a row they cheated to beat us. LHPM told me about this three days ago. Jeff Johnson was investigating this latest incident. I'm fairly certain it was Hillcrest that turned them in this year. Last year it was Spruce that turned them in because Mason Hayes didn't live in the district.

kepdawg
10-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Yes...2nd year in a row they cheated to beat us. LHPM told me about this three days ago. Jeff Johnson was investigating this latest incident. I'm fairly certain it was Hillcrest that turned them in this year. Last year it was Spruce that turned them in because Mason Hayes didn't live in the district.

Seems to me it shouldn't be so hard to know how long the boys have been in school.

JR2004
10-02-2008, 01:01 PM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/football-lincoln-forfeits-first-four-win.html

Football: Lincoln forfeits first four wins

Dallas ISD athletic director Jeff Johnson on Thursday said Lincoln will forfeit its first four games after using an ineligible player.

Johnson said Lincoln violated Subchapter M, Section 400 (g) of the UIL constitution, which states a student is eligible for varsity play if "initially enrolled in the ninth grade not more than four years ago nor in the tenth grade not more than three years ago." Lincoln has a player in his fifth year of high school. His first enrollment was in the 2004-05 calendar year.

"It was an oversight by the coaches. They've told their kids, and UIL has been informed, as have the District 12-4A Executive Committee," Johnson said. "We had to take immediate action. It's unfortunate for Lincoln, but this gives them an opportunity to go forward and move on."

Lincoln, now 0-4 overall and 0-1 in 12-4A, has had to forfeit wins for the second time in as many years. The team forfeited three victories last year for using an ineligible player. Lincoln, ranked No. 6 in SportsDay's 4A area poll, forfeited 2008 season wins against Roosevelt, A. Maceo Smith, Madison and Hillcrest. It is scheduled to play Samuell at Forester Field tonight.

Lincoln's forfeits come two weeks after Garland Naaman Forest had to forfeit its Week 0 win against Whitehouse for using an ineligible player.

Posted by Damon L. Sayles at 10:42 AM

JR2004
10-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Seems to me it shouldn't be so hard to know how long the boys have been in school.

Kep cheating is a way of life at Lincoln. It's what they do. They just haven't been as good at keeping from being caught since Samples left for Skyline.

kepdawg
10-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Kep cheating is a way of life at Lincoln. It's what they do. They just haven't been as good at keeping from being caught since Samples left for Skyline.

Well they should try to do it a little better!

kaorder1999
10-02-2008, 01:19 PM
here is the tough part that a lot of people dont realize. Students are so transient in Dallas isd that you may get a student who transfers in that has attending 5 or 6 high schools already. Maybe more. You CANNOT take a students word for it when you ask them where they have been and what all schools they have enrolled in. It turns into a lot of research but that is just part of the job. The Lincoln coaches didn't do a good enough job of researching. Im guessing this wasnt a student that has been at Lincoln all those years.

What about the Campus AD? He going to be punished at all for this happening two years in a row?

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
that is just part of the job. The Lincoln coaches didn't do a good enough job of researching.
Agreed! :dispntd:

NastySlot
10-02-2008, 01:32 PM
i bet it can be a mess keeping track of kids in large isd's. where they live...who they live with....how old they are.....like it was said...those kids attending those schools in large isd's move around a lot.

JR2004
10-02-2008, 01:49 PM
What about the Campus AD? He going to be punished at all for this happening two years in a row?

There's going to be a big house cleaning taking place at Lincoln before the end of the school year. I don't think Sands even survives football season. I don't know if he coached last week against Hillcrest, but I do know he didn't coach against A. Maceo or us because of the situation he has.

kaorder1999
10-02-2008, 01:51 PM
some lucky junior high coach is going to inherit a pretty good football team!

3afan
10-02-2008, 01:52 PM
could this really have been just a honest oversight? could it?

JR2004
10-02-2008, 01:54 PM
some lucky junior high coach is going to inherit a pretty good football team!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
10-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

seeing what paperwork the AD's have to do in Dallas firsthand, I do believe it could have been an honest oversight. We have caught things just before we have played players before. When you are in a district that deals with players having to constantly leave practice early to talk with PO's and having to deal with students that literally have been to multiple HS's with some one of those being outside of Dallas, it can be a LOT of research and homework! I could picture it being an oversight! But to have to forfeit games 2 years in a row in unexcusable!

JR2004
10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

If this school in question was Samuell, Hillcrest, North Dallas, Molina, Adamson, WT White or a few other DISD schools I would say yes.

Being that it's Lincoln I say no.

bobcat1
10-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Heck y'all might make the playoffs yet if this happens to some more schools y'all play.