PDA

View Full Version : Memorable/Forgetable Grandstand Shoutouts

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
We've all heard them over the years----the incredibly stupid/funny shoutouts made by enthused fans from the stands. What are some of the most memorable/forgetable?

The old classic---"Call it both ways, ref" comes to mind.

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I've posted this one before and it's still a classic with me...

Several seasons ago the Bulls were in Pilot Point for a game, and because of limited visitor's seating, many Bulls fans, including me, had to sit on the Pilot Point side.

The game was pretty close at the half, but during the 3rd Quarter the Bull's passing attack really came to life and we began to pull away from Pilot Point by 3-4 TD's. There was an old man who was a very intense Pilot Point fan seated about 2 rows in front of me, and when the Bulls scored one of their final TD's thru the air, he jumped up and shouted as loud as he could.....

"That's right...that's right...they can't play ball---they got to THROW it!"

I died laughing. The old guy never said a word the rest of the game.

DaHop72
10-02-2008, 09:54 AM
"What is the coach thinking?"

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
"What is the coach thinking?"

That's very mild compared to some I've heard, Hops.

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
"THROW THE BALL!" {as the QB is running for his life}

"RUN" {as the QB holds the ball too long}

"BLOCK SOMEBODY!"

DaHop72
10-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That's very mild compared to some I've heard, Hops. true....true....Bull, but those aren't board appropriate. :D

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I remember a few years ago some fans singing the song----

"Nah-na, Nah-na, Nah-na, Hey-ehhhhhhhhh-ah, Goodbye" when they were sure they had won. Seems this one was more popular at basketball games.

NastySlot
10-02-2008, 10:32 AM
"block somebody"

once while scouting in east texas heard a guy yell "hit him in the Froat" i'm pretty sure he meant throat.

Daddy D 11
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
On defense: "GET EM'!!!!"

DaHop72
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
"Gee, if we can see if from here why can't the coaches in the press box see it?"

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Recently while an opponents' player was on the ground hurt: "Defense...defense!". :doh: :(

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2008, 10:50 AM
at a Rangers game this summer, there was a questionable call on an opponents' stolen base attempt where he was ruled safe.

There was a group of about 10 guys in front of us, most of them drinking. One guy yells "He was out!" Another yells "He was out by a mile!" and a third guy yells "Heck, he was out from Waco!"

Me and my friend just looked at each other in astonishment wondering what the heck that was supposed to mean.

jimmyceatworld
10-02-2008, 11:17 AM
HS science teacher to the official - "that's a penalty, Captain Kangaroo!"

PPSTATEBOUND
10-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I've posted this one before and it's still a classic with me...

Several seasons ago the Bulls were in Pilot Point for a game, and because of limited visitor's seating, many Bulls fans, including me, had to sit on the Pilot Point side.

The game was pretty close at the half, but during the 3rd Quarter the Bull's passing attack really came to life and we began to pull away from Pilot Point by 3-4 TD's. There was an old man who was a very intense Pilot Point fan seated about 2 rows in front of me, and when the Bulls scored one of their final TD's thru the air, he jumped up and shouted as loud as he could.....

"That's right...that's right...they can't play ball---they got to THROW it!"

I died laughing. The old guy never said a word the rest of the game.

http://www.pilotpointfootball.org/id105.htm

RiverRat19
10-02-2008, 11:24 AM
CATCH THE BALL!!!

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
http://www.pilotpointfootball.org/id105.htm

Thank, PPSB....It appears that Bridgeport never led by 3-4 TD's and certainly didn't win by that many, so I guess the old PP fan was just getting aggravated at the number of yards were were racking up thru the air.

kaorder1999
10-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Last night...we are down 12-0 in a JV game...officials are running hte clock cause they are ready to go home. From the stands, "Why are you running the clock? The Coyboys arent playing tonight! What are you doing?

Two minutes and thirty seconds later after a blocked punt returned for a touchdown and a umble on the kickoff leading to a 1 play drive and score to make it 24-0...

"Run the freaking clock."