PDA

View Full Version : QB Controversy in Tennessee?

kepdawg
10-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Vince practiced today and ESPN is already trying to start a QB controversy! :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2008, 09:01 AM
I thought that it was interesting that Collins said he believed that Young could still be a big help to the team on the field. Makes me wonder how many times Collins has been hit in the head over his career.

Pick6
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Vince practiced today and ESPN is already trying to start a QB controversy! :rolleyes:

ESPN is getting harder and harder to watch.

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
ESPN is getting harder and harder to watch.

Let's not forget that the E stands for "Entertainment". It's part of their job to stir up controversies that get people riled up.

Bull Butter
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Collins is the QB
The team is winning
End of controversy

IHStangFan
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Collins is the QB
The team is winning
End of controversy EXACTLY. But you will always have the VY worshipers who just can't see him for what he is. A great college QB that hasn't transitioned to the NFL very well.

bigYoe
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Yea they already reported that Collins is still the starter and they are trying to decide if Young will be 2nd or 3rd string for now.

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
EXACTLY. But you will always have the VY worshipers who just can't see him for what he is. A great college QB that hasn't transitioned to the NFL very well. Poor Phil!

Hey, why not just line him up as a FB/RB? :D

forum_guy
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
the best that could have happened to the titans was vince getting hurt....he should remain backup all year

Texasfootball2
10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Hear an interview with Fisher on ESPN radio yesterday. I assure there is no controversy. He said " Kerry Collins" is our QB. Vince has been working out and taking some snaps with the offense ( an he didn't say at QB either). I get the feeling that the Titans are putting together a spread package for Vince as maybe something to help him get some confidence back. That is strictly my opinion after hearing the interview. Fisher is a great coach and a class act, and Kerry Collins is the Titans QB for now "period", according to Fisher.

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Hear an interview with Fisher on ESPN radio yesterday. I assure there is no controversy. He said " Kerry Collins" is our QB. Vince has been working out and taking some snaps with the offense ( an he didn't say at QB either). I get the feeling that the Titans are putting together a spread package for Vince as maybe something to help him get some confidence back. That is strictly my opinion after hearing the interview. Fisher is a great coach and a class act, and Kerry Collins is the Titans QB for now "period", according to Fisher.

Collins is also a free agent after the year. In the long run, some time on the bench could be invaluable to Young. Remember, he started playing after only 4 games in his rookie season, and he's been playing a little bit of catch-up ever since.

I could see Collins leading the team into the playoffs with Young being brought in to maybe run some two-minute drills or something, then Young retaking the reins next year with basically a year off to get his wits about him while still practicing and watching film.

Texasfootball2
10-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Collins is also a free agent after the year. In the long run, some time on the bench could be invaluable to Young. Remember, he started playing after only 4 games in his rookie season, and he's been playing a little bit of catch-up ever since.

I could see Collins leading the team into the playoffs with Young being brought in to maybe run some two-minute drills or something, then Young retaking the reins next year with basically a year off to get his wits about him while still practicing and watching film.

So it won't surprise you to see a package with both Young and Collins in the Huddle and Collins lines up at WR and Young in the spread? This was just a gut feeling I got listening to Fisher.

If the Cowboys don't win the superbowl, I would love for Jones to hire Fisher, but everybody knows that Garret in the heir apparent.

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
So it won't surprise you to see a package with both Young and Collins in the Huddle and Collins lines up at WR and Young in the spread? This was just a gut feeling I got listening to Fisher.

If the Cowboys don't win the superbowl, I would love for Jones to hire Fisher, but everybody knows that Garret in the heir apparent.

I don't know that they'd have two QBs on the field at the same time, but I could see them going with something similar to what the Cardinals did last year before Leinart got hurt.

IHStangFan
10-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Poor Phil!

Hey, why not just line him up as a FB/RB? :D hey I just call em how I see em, but you have solidified my point. In college VY beat you with his legs/feet. At the NFL level, the game is so much faster that it is next to impossible for a QB to rely on his legs/feet as his primary weapon. How many really successfull QBs in NFL history have? You do have to be able to move in the pocket and get out of it when necessary, but that in most instances is a last resort, not a first. Until VY sharpens up his passing game and makes it his primary weapon consistantly, he will be nothing more than "that guy that won a Natl. Champ. against USC"...and in the NFL, nobody cares what you did in college ***cough***RYAN LEAF!!!, JAKE PLUMMER!!!***cough***

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
hey I just call em how I see em, but you have solidified my point. In college VY beat you with his legs/feet. At the NFL level, the game is so much faster that it is next to impossible for a QB to rely on his legs/feet as his primary weapon. How many really successfull QBs in NFL history have? You do have to be able to move in the pocket and get out of it when necessary, but that in most instances is a last resort, not a first. Until VY sharpens up his passing game and makes it his primary weapon consistantly, he will be nothing more than "that guy that won a Natl. Champ. against USC"...and in the NFL, nobody cares what you did in college ***cough***RYAN LEAF!!!, JAKE PLUMMER!!!***cough*** Well, I'm not one of the few that has tried to argue against your point! :p

RattlerDude
10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
hey I just call em how I see em, but you have solidified my point. In college VY beat you with his legs/feet. At the NFL level, the game is so much faster that it is next to impossible for a QB to rely on his legs/feet as his primary weapon. How many really successfull QBs in NFL history have? You do have to be able to move in the pocket and get out of it when necessary, but that in most instances is a last resort, not a first. Until VY sharpens up his passing game and makes it his primary weapon consistantly, he will be nothing more than "that guy that won a Natl. Champ. against USC"...and in the NFL, nobody cares what you did in college ***cough***RYAN LEAF!!!, JAKE PLUMMER!!!***cough***

Did you watch the Broncos with Jake Plummer? they were really good... I do agree with the rest of what you are saying though. Being behind Collins is a good thing. If they really do learn so much from the starter then hopefully he will become a far better passer. I am a Vince Young fan. I can't wait til he gets to the big game. When he does he is gonna kill everyone with his legs and arm

IHStangFan
10-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Well, I'm not one of the few that has tried to argue against your point! :p oh no, not at all, I was not trying to take a shot at you, I was just saying that w/ your comment about making him a WR/RB, you are thinking how I am thinking. That is all I meant.

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
oh no, not at all, I was not trying to take a shot at you, I was just saying that w/ your comment about making him a WR/RB, you are thinking how I am thinking. That is all I meant. :eek: scary! ;) :D

IHStangFan
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Did you watch the Broncos with Jake Plummer? they were really good... I do agree with the rest of what you are saying though. Being behind Collins is a good thing. If they really do learn so much from the starter then hopefully he will become a far better passer. I am a Vince Young fan. I can't wait til he gets to the big game. When he does he is gonna kill everyone with his legs and arm Yes, and I'm a AZ State fan, and a Plummer fan...but he just never really lived up to the billing coming out of college. Yes, he showed on and off that he COULD be great, but he was inconsistent at best.

IHStangFan
10-02-2008, 02:44 PM
:eek: scary! ;) :D indeed! LOL.

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
***cough***RYAN LEAF!!!***cough***
I'll be seeing him Saturday. :)