PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale vs Richmond Foster

bleedgreen
10-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Kennedale (3A-12) is playing Richmond Foster (4A-23) on Friday.
I believe they play at A&M Consolidated in College Station. I may go to the game and in case I do, I wonder if any one from region 3 knows anything about them? How and why was this game scheduled? Are there any perks for the players being so close to Aggieland, like visiting the campus etc.?

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
I saw that on the schedule last night and wondered about it. Foster definitely got the closer drive.

JR2004
10-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
How and why was this game scheduled?

My guess is that the head coaches might be friends. I would think that might possibly play a role in them playing each other.

I hope y'all get another win. :)

nunya
10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Richmond Foster is great for a young school

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by nunya
Richmond Foster is great for a young school

They played on FOXSW last Thursday and gave 5A Katy Morton Ranch all they wanted and then some....

nunya
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
They played on FOXSW last Thursday and gave 5A Katy Morton Ranch all they wanted and then some....

Yea, and Morton and Cinco Ranch schools are already sporting the Westlake/Highland Park attitude

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Here are their games and results from 2008. Check out more stats here: http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&Season=2008&Sport=1&tpl=Team&TeamID=219&SearchType=Teams

In the game versus (4-0) Morton Ranch, Foster was actually leading going into the forth quarter.

Foster 34 (5A) Alvin 24
Foster 14 (5A) Katy Mayde Creek 49
Foster 27 (3A) West Columbia 13
Foster 30 (5A) Katy Morton Ranch 47

bleedgreen
10-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Looks like Kennedale has their hands full. This will be a good test for them before district starts next week. It appears Richmond could be another Southlake Carroll type when they were 3A and growing.

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
Looks like Kennedale has their hands full. This will be a good test for them before district starts next week. It appears Richmond could be another Southlake Carroll type when they were 3A and growing.

Not sure if Foster falls in the same category as SLC, but they have a good team. Foster is in Lamar Consolidated ISD with Lamar Consolidated and Terry High schools being the other two high schools in that district. Lamar Consolidated won the 4A Division 1 title last season. With that said, Im not even sure if Foster is the best school in Lamar Consolidated ISD.