PDA

View Full Version : Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty in HS

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
We all know the physical things such as a late hit, etc. that will bring an "Unsportsmanlike" call, but I wonder what the verbal threshold currently is for HS officials as well as other "gray" line infractions by players and coaches? I know the verbal threshold is much higher in the NFL than in college and HS.

DU_stud04
10-01-2008, 04:12 PM
your mom goes to college... :D

Pick6
10-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
We all know the physical things such as a late hit, etc. that will bring an "Unsportsmanlike" call, but I wonder what the verbal threshold currently is for HS officials as well as other "gray" line infractions by players and coaches? I know the verbal threshold is much higher in the NFL than in college and HS.

Player to Ref: "Did you graduate from Snyder?"

Ref throws flag for unsportsmenlike conduct.

Old Tiger
10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
I got warned a lot of times for trash talking and cursing to players/refs.

trojan37
10-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I got thrown out of a game for telling a kid from Grandview his momma dressed like a ref!:D Not really.

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

That's the kind of thing I'm interested in hearing. I wonder with some officials if just 1 profane word will get you a penalty, or if warnings are generally issued.

You always trash talked to the kickers now didn't you Go Blue??? :D

Old Tiger
10-01-2008, 04:31 PM
That's the kind of thing I'm interested in hearing. I wonder with some officials if just 1 profane word will get you a penalty, or if warnings are generally issued.

You always trash talked to the kickers now didn't you Go Blue??? :D I trash talked anyone anywhere and anyway I wanted.

kepdawg
10-01-2008, 04:32 PM
If I were a ref I would have kicked Go Blue out before he even thought about saying anything!

Old Tiger
10-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
If I were a ref I would have kicked Go Blue out before he even thought about saying anything! :(

DDBooger
10-01-2008, 04:33 PM
i got one cause a team mate of mine got a flag at a crucial time and I called him by his last name a few times "DUCKETT DUCKETT DUCKETT"
:thinking: what do you think they thought I said. lmao

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I trash talked anyone anywhere and anyway I wanted.

But you never got a penalty?

Old Tiger
10-01-2008, 04:42 PM
But you never got a penalty? just warnings somehow. One time I choked a guy in a pile and he got up and pushed me and he to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

kepdawg
10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
just warnings somehow. One time I choked a guy in a pile and he got up and pushed me and he to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

:dispntd: :rolleyes:

bobcat1
10-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Player to Ref: "Did you graduate from Snyder?"

Ref throws flag for unsportsmenlike conduct.

That's funny shtuff right thar. LMAO:D

bobcat1
10-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I got warned a lot of times for trash talking and cursing to players/refs. What a surprise! :devil:

JR2004
10-01-2008, 04:56 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

kepdawg
10-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Would that be considered a sideline warning? ;)

JR2004
10-01-2008, 04:57 PM
just warnings somehow. One time I choked a guy in a pile and he got up and pushed me and he to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

So many unspeakable things happen in the bottom of a pile after a play. You did what many others have done!

Pick6
10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Would that be considered a sideline warning? ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Would that be considered a sideline warning? ;) :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
10-01-2008, 05:00 PM
just warnings somehow. One time I choked a guy in a pile and he got up and pushed me and he to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Were y'all making a pyramid?

c-town_balla
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I was once threated with a flag when the opposing team was fighting....and I got one because I call a teamate his nickname

Old Tiger
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I always liked knocking the crap out of defenseless players standing around a pile

kepdawg
10-01-2008, 05:04 PM
I always liked knocking the crap out of defenseless players standing around a pile

Napoleon Complex?

bobcat1
10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
I always liked knocking the crap out of defenseless players standing around a pile I guess you took your shots at the time you could get one. LMAO!

Pudlugger
10-01-2008, 05:31 PM
In the 2001 HEB Classic in the Alamodome La Grange was playing Bay City. It was the first game in the new season and the Leps were defending 3a champions while the Black Cats were defending 4a champions. It was 3-0 BC in the third quarter. On 3rd and 10 the BC qb got sacked about15 yards deep by our DE. The DE got up and playfully and lightly tapped the top of the helmet of the BC qb. The ref threw the flag, gave BC 15 yards and a first down. They went ahead and scored winning 9-0. It changed the momentum and probably the outcome of the game. That was the most chicken crap call ever IMO.

c-town_balla
10-01-2008, 05:33 PM
no penalty but Andrew Wolridge put his hand in my mouth once in a pile and I bit down as hard as I could and it didnt seem to phase him in the slightest way

VAMike
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM

You always trash talked to the kickers now didn't you Go Blue??? :D

Depends on the word , who it is directed at, and on the hearing official. Some refs have a low tolerance while others have a higher one. Most guys will flag a player who curses an opponent or an official.

Chopblock
10-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I usually warn them on the 1st time, if the "F" word flies, so does the flag

Chillimaru
10-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Curse words used to fly around alot back in my day(79-83) got alot of warnings but never a flag, ask my boys they say the same thing nowadays lots of warnings but no flag as far as talking trash, i know that if the coach gets wind of them cussing on the field they will have to pay for it by green bays or extra sprints