PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's Power Ratings

nunya
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Can anyone PM rankings for the week, by chance?

Antec
10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I know that Bellville is a 34 point pick to beat Wharton

c-town_balla
10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I used to love that site. But, then it became $90 a year.

Emerson1
10-01-2008, 06:36 PM
What do they offer than you can't get anywhere else?

c-town_balla
10-01-2008, 06:37 PM
really really in-depth rankings and team offensive and defensive statitics and game spreads

Sweetwater Red
10-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What do they offer than you can't get anywhere else?

Monahans beating Sweetwater by 21 for $82.50 a year.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Antec
10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Isnt Harris Ratings Service around $90 as well

has different prices for teers like c oaches media etc

Sweetwater Red
10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Isnt Harris Ratings Service around $90 as well

has different prices for teers like c oaches media etc

Massey's and WOS87's are free and just as accurate.

charlesrixey
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
JBC Pigskin prep and Collier Sharp were the best ones i've ever seen

maybe C-S will start doing them again

nunya
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Massey's is decent, but Jerry's is extremely in depth. It all but sings your alma mater for you.

Movers and shaker in the state, point spreads, predicted season outcomes, a bracket with playoff pairing if post-season were held today, power ratings, regional rankings.

Very good and pretty accurate site, but it's just too expensive for an average fan. For sportswriters whose publication will pay for it, no big deal, but out of your own pocket seems a bit costly.

Harris is a joke and does nothing but ranks schools based on tradition.

Collier-Sharp. Do they even have that any more? IF so, where?

Emerson1
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I liked DataPoll back in the day

Footballhudini
10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
ughh..
AP top-10 is the best. :D:D

nunya
10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
ughh..
AP top-10 is the best. :D:D

I totally disagree. I know for a fact that half the sportwriters who vote on that poll weasel in their own team to gain notoriety.

Otherwise, explain Brownwood's votes despite three losses.

Emerson1
10-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by nunya
I totally disagree. I know for a fact that half the sportwriters who vote on that poll weasel in their own team to gain notoriety.

Otherwise, explain Brownwood's votes despite three losses.
Records do not mean anything. They hung within a couple of points of the best teams in the state.

You think a 5-0 team who has played no one is better than a 2-3 team who has lost to the top 5 in the state?

That's like saying a 11-1 Texas team with a loss to Missouri shouldn't be ranked higher than a 12-0 MAC team

nunya
10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Records do not mean anything. They hung within a couple of points of the best teams in the state.

You think a 5-0 team who has played no one is better than a 2-3 team who has lost to the top 5 in the state?

That's like saying a 11-1 Texas team with a loss to Missouri shouldn't be ranked higher than a 12-0 MAC team

Three losses. Three losses, dude. If you're Top 10 caliber, you find a way to bounce back after the first one - or at least the second one.

They got votes simply because they dropped to 3A. I know a radio announcer who votes for Hallettsville if they beat Weimar by 1 and he's on the board.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Three losses. Three losses, dude. If you're Top 10 caliber, you find a way to bounce back after the first one - or at least the second one.

They got votes simply because they dropped to 3A. I know a radio announcer who votes for Hallettsville if they beat Weimar by 1 and he's on the board.

depends on who they lost to

Atlanta won state with 4 losses once and NO question they were best team..their non district was full of top flight teams

Emerson1
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Or like Forney in '00, lost at state and ended the season 11-5 I think.

But then again Dabryan Blanton was hurt the first half of the season so the losses have *

popcorn screen
10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Jerrys is good. Collier sharp, I believe is not available. Harris is based on point spreads and common opponents. I doubt history of a program has much to do with it. However, those schools are well coached and will win 10+ every year - that might be why they are always in the top 20.

charlesrixey
10-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Massey's is decent, but Jerry's is extremely in depth. It all but sings your alma mater for you.

Movers and shaker in the state, point spreads, predicted season outcomes, a bracket with playoff pairing if post-season were held today, power ratings, regional rankings.

Very good and pretty accurate site, but it's just too expensive for an average fan. For sportswriters whose publication will pay for it, no big deal, but out of your own pocket seems a bit costly.

Harris is a joke and does nothing but ranks schools based on tradition.

Collier-Sharp. Do they even have that any more? IF so, where?

I do want to put it out there that JB Cargal, who created the original ***********, has returned, and his numbers are free

i just found this out yesterday--look it up

he was the creator of the original 'pig'