PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to Texas-OU?

BwdLions
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Just wondering if any of the DownLow members will be there next Sat. If both the Longhorns and sooners win this week, it will be a great matchup of undefeated top five teams.

trojan37
10-01-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think OU will have a problem going into this one undefeated.

c-town_balla
10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
I'll be there

hookandladder
10-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Just wondering if any of the DownLow members will be there next Sat. If both the Longhorns and sooners win this week, it will be a great matchup of undefeated top five teams.

Wanted to take the MotorHome and tailgate at the fair however cannot find any tickets, if anyone has any available I would be interested. PM me.

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Wish I was going. Sucks being a freshman. Student tickets were gone in three hours. :(

Phil C
10-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Wish I was going. Sucks being a freshman. Student tickets were gone in three hours. :(

:(

Gsquared
10-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Im goin

RMAC
10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
HD and surround sound are close enough. . . and I can tail gate in the comfort of my own livingroom. None of those long lines at the portapotties neither.:D

TexanAlum_06
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Theres a lot of tickets for sale on craigslist in the austin database. tickets are ranging 175-300 for the most part. You can bet that price will go up if UT and OU make it through this weekend unscathed to set up a #1 vs #4-5 matchup nationally. With the Cotton Bowl recently expanded to 92,000 seats there is a lot more tickets to go around. You can also try and scalp a ticket at the game. You could probably get one a lot cheaper that way hence right before kickoff people start dropping prices to get rid of their Tickets. Good Luck

buff4life
10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I'll be there in section 104 row 4...stupid stadium renovations here at UT allowed a lot more new money to get the good seats...last year my parents had their tickets on row 4 right behind the band...BUT this year my dad sold his tickets that are on row 13 on the 40 for 600 a pop...beautiful

buff4life
10-01-2008, 02:14 PM

Serves you right for going to the University of Texas at Norman...

jk :p

crzyjournalist03
10-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I'd love to go, but I can't justify spending more than $100 per ticket for one regular-season game in any sport.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-01-2008, 03:50 PM

Whoa, whoa. You're a freshman at OU, and are not going because you didn't get tickets? Listen to me carefully....

WHO CARES? GO!!

Trust me on this: you do not need a ticket to have a good time, and as a true Sooner fan, you need to be there. Go to the fair, watch the game on the big screen, eat a corn dog, get an elder to buy you a beer. Its worth every second/penny you spend on it. Grab a bunch of your buddies if you're not in a social club and just go; put 6 to a hotel room if you have to. I've been out of college for 3 years, and last year we had 7 people cram into an extended stay. Not because we couldn't afford normal rooming, but that's half the fun.

GO GO GO. And thank me later:).

DU_stud04
10-01-2008, 03:55 PM
last time i went i was nearly arrested twice..... ill stick to watching it on tv

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Whoa, whoa. You're a freshman at OU, and are not going because you didn't get tickets? Listen to me carefully....

WHO CARES? GO!!

Trust me on this: you do not need a ticket to have a good time, and as a true Sooner fan, you need to be there. Go to the fair, watch the game on the big screen, eat a corn dog, get an elder to buy you a beer. Its worth every second/penny you spend on it. Grab a bunch of your buddies if you're not in a social club and just go; put 6 to a hotel room if you have to. I've been out of college for 3 years, and last year we had 7 people cram into an extended stay. Not because we couldn't afford normal rooming, but that's half the fun.

GO GO GO. And thank me later:).

Oh I just meant the game. Heck yeah I'm going down for it though!!! Yeah I'm not the nerdy loser who stays in Norman and studies all weekend and is like, "Huh? Football? What's that?" :D

DU_stud04
10-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh I just meant the game. Heck yeah I'm going down for it though!!! Yeah I'm not the nerdy loser who stays in Norman and studies all weekend and is like, "Huh? Football? What's that?" :D make sure you go to the rally on west end the night before. its intense

PHS Wildcats
10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
I'll be there

Mcguirk
10-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
make sure you go to the rally on west end the night before. its intense
We went to Commerce St a few times in the late 70's. It was really crazy then because there was almost no crowd control. No stores turned into temporary jails, and as long as you weren't killing each other you were left alone. I think it was even worse the decade before. I read an interview in early 70's Playboy (yeah I really did) about Commerce St, and it described sofas being thrown out of hotel windows and lots of drunks and fighting.

DU_stud04
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
We went to Commerce St a few times in the late 70's. It was really crazy then because there was almost no crowd control. No stores turned into temporary jails, and as long as you weren't killing each other you were left alone. I think it was even worse the decade before. I read an interview in early 70's Playboy (yeah I really did) about Commerce St, and it described sofas being thrown out of hotel windows and lots of drunks and fighting. thats usually how it ends up real late in the night. lots of drunks chanting for their team.... some go a bit overboard. i saw lots of fights(and lots of very hot women :D) again, everytime ive been its always been a great time

bobcat1
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
We went to Commerce St a few times in the late 70's. It was really crazy then because there was almost no crowd control. No stores turned into temporary jails, and as long as you weren't killing each other you were left alone. I think it was even worse the decade before. I read an interview in early 70's Playboy (yeah I really did) about Commerce St, and it described sofas being thrown out of hotel windows and lots of drunks and fighting. Good times for sure. Remember them well. ;)

Mcguirk
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
thats usually how it ends up real late in the night. lots of drunks chanting for their team.... some go a bit overboard. i saw lots of fights(and lots of very hot women :D) again, everytime ive been its always been a great time

We took a flat bed truck with hay bales one year and about 20 or so people on it. We cruised up and down Commerce yelling all night. we had a guy in a cowboy hat named Elvis follow us up and down the street because we gave him free "beverages". He led the crowds in the chant "We don't need the Dallas Poleece".

LITER_OF_COLA??
10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm going...as long as my grandmother is doing okay still.

dude
10-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Bragger:D :D

BwdLions
10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
The only part I hate is when you're walking around the state fair and some hick from ou yells "boomer" and then every other drunk sooner fan within distance yells "sooner."

crzyjournalist03
10-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
The only part I hate is when you're walking around the state fair and some hick from ou yells "boomer" and then every other drunk sooner fan within distance yells "sooner."

I just hate the fact that it takes you an hour and a half to go anywhere in the city of Denton on the Friday and Saturday of the game.

BwdLions
10-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I just hate the fact that it takes you an hour and a half to go anywhere in the city of Denton on the Friday and Saturday of the game.

The whole area gets crazy during this weekend.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Just got the call, sister came thru with tickets. Will be washing and packing the MotorHome this weekend, will be heading up Thursday night after our 8th grade football game with Bellville. Staying at the fair grounds, one big time party. OU SUCKS.