PDA

View Full Version : 08' Playoff Brackets?

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Not trying to speculate on playoff teams this early, but rather I was wondering how the bracket pairings will go with 7 Districts per Region. Will one District per region get a bye in Rd 1, or does one District from each Region play a District from another Region in Rd 1? here's the UIL 08' alignment link:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2008align/pdf/3A_fb_bsktb.pdf

charlesrixey
10-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Not trying to speculate on playoff teams this early, but rather I was wondering how the bracket pairings will go with 7 Districts per Region. Will one District per region get a bye in Rd 1, or does one District from each Region play a District from another Region in Rd 1?

The opposite district of the open district will receive a bye in round 1

for ex, 5-3A wil have a bye and play the winner of the 7-3A/8-3A first round matchup (in div 1)

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
The opposite district of the open district will receive a bye in round 1

for ex, 5-3A wil have a bye and play the winner of the 7-3A/8-3A first round matchup (in div 1)

Thanks, charles....I heard that when the alignments first came out earlier this year, but couldn't remember exactly how it would go.

Texasfootball2
10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
There is no district 6, so district 5 gets an automatice bye into round 2. Last year there was no district 2 so all three teams from district 1 got byes.:D

charlesrixey
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Thanks, charles....I heard that when the alignments first came out earlier this year, but couldn't remember exactly how it would go.

welcomes!

by the way, here is my own (very) early prediction for region I D II, which the one i'm fairly certain you are curious about (again, very very early)

Division II
Bi-District
Region I

Dalhart vs. Sweetwater*
Monahans vs. Anthony
Bridgeport, Bye
Glen Rose vs. Wimberley
Lubbock Cooper** vs. Brownwood
Brownfield vs. Ft Stockton
Vernon, Bye
West vs. Liberty Hill

*I don't care

**i would be lying if i could tell you what was going to happen in 3-3A, but i don't think in the end it is really going to have a major effect anyway

good luck to the bulls! they have a chance to go far (doesn't hurt when they don't have a first round game:p

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
There is no district 6, so district 5 gets an automatice bye into round 2. Last year there was no district 2 so all three teams from district 1 got byes.:D

The part I like about this is that, if(when) the Bulls are a 5-3A playoff team, we will be facing some new "blood" in the Region in Rd 2 from Districts 7 &8, which are comprised of mostly new Centex teams.

Budman007
10-01-2008, 12:02 PM
One thing for sure is that there are some senior Bulls that are really hoping to get another crack at Sweetwater this year come playoffs.

Texasfootball2
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
One thing for sure is that there are some senior Bulls that are really hoping to get another crack at Sweetwater this year come playoffs.

Senior Bulls and Stud Mustangs:doh: Hmm:thinking: Sounds a little funny to me:D in a gay way, if you know what I mean!

Not that there's anything wrong with it:)

waterboy
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey, I've got a question! Which regions match up in the semifinals? I think it's Region 1 vs. Region 2, and Region 3 vs. Region 4, but I'm not sure. Actually, I'm guessing.:)

kepdawg
10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hey, I've got a question! Which regions match up in the semifinals? I think it's Region 1 vs. Region 2, and Region 3 vs. Region 4, but I'm not sure. Actually, I'm guessing.:)

You are correct. It's always 1v2 and 3v4.

Texasfootball2
10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

Yes, 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4. It's always been that way. I wish they would rotate it like a round robin format so it would change every year.

Example:

1 vs 2, 3 vs 4

1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 the following year

1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 the following year

JMO :D

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 12:50 PM

I know of a couple of Bull parents who might fall in that category, also, Budman.....;)

waterboy
10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Yes, 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4. It's always been that way. I wish they would rotate it like a round robin format so it would change every year.

Example:

1 vs 2, 3 vs 4

1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 the following year

1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 the following year

JMO :D
Yeah, me too. I think it would even it out a little if they alternated regions in the semis.

STANG RED
10-01-2008, 01:49 PM

And we're just hoping to get into the playoffs. It's certainly no guarantee in our district, for anyone.
But if we do manage to make it, I think we'll be battle tested enough to be ready to take on anyone.
Bridgeport is a class act. I hope you get your wish as well.

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
welcomes!

by the way, here is my own (very) early prediction for region I D II, which the one i'm fairly certain you are curious about (again, very very early)

Division II
Bi-District
Region I

Dalhart vs. Sweetwater*
Monahans vs. Anthony
Bridgeport, Bye
Glen Rose vs. Wimberley
Lubbock Cooper** vs. Brownwood
Brownfield vs. Ft Stockton
Vernon, Bye
West vs. Liberty Hill

*I don't care

**i would be lying if i could tell you what was going to happen in 3-3A, but i don't think in the end it is really going to have a major effect anyway

good luck to the bulls! they have a chance to go far (doesn't hurt when they don't have a first round game:p

The only way Brownwood gets in there if Rocket buys them all tickets to the game.

:mad:

trojan37
10-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The only way Brownwood gets in there if Rocket buys them all tickets to the game.

:mad:

http://www.caoazul.com/loja/images/shut%20up.gif

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
http://www.caoazul.com/loja/images/shut%20up.gif :taunt:

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
BRING IT ON BUDDY.

:stirpot:

WOS87
10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
My prediction for the Region III brackets currently looks like this:

Unfortunately 3 of the current Top 6 in this week's 3A Down Low poll will have to face off in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the playoffs if this actually happens as predicted.

La Vega vs. Gilmer in the Area round and the winner of that possibly to face WO-S in the Regional round

Division I

#18-Chapel Hill vs. Jasper
Robinson vs. Athens
Silsbee vs. Splendora
BYE vs. #3-Navasota

Division II

#4-Gilmer vs. Diboll
#6-Waco La Vega vs. Brownsboro
#2-West Orange-Stark vs. Coldspring
BYE vs. Cameron Yoe
Gladewater vs. #12-Carthage
Mexia vs. Crockett