PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville????????????

Texasfootball2
10-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Gatesville is the big school in district 7 and China Springs is the next biggest. Don't know that much about any of the teams in the district. Will Gatesville make the playoffs. If they don't China Springs would be the Div 1 rep.:D

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
It's still very up in the air. The best scenario for us, we feel, would be to go DI. But, if Gatesville makes playoffs, we'll go DII and have a much harder trip through the playoffs. But we'll see what happens once district right now. Right now, I would say that Gatesvile is in and West is out.

Oh and its China SPRING. No s

trojan37
10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Definitely Gatesville this year. They used to be a regular and then fell off a bit and now they look to be turning things around. Things have just gone WAAAAAY south in West. Coaching has gotten horrible, kids have moved out.......no playoffs for us this year.

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Definitely Gatesville this year. They used to be a regular and then fell off a bit and now they look to be turning things around. Things have just gone WAAAAAY south in West. Coaching has gotten horrible, kids have moved out.......no playoffs for us this year.

The winner of Gatesville and West on Halloween will make the playoffs. Cause you know they both will have two losses to CS and Glen Rose.

trojan37
10-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Haha. We have to worry about beating Whitney this year. Trust me, the Gatesville game has already been decided. If Coach Bell wanted to do it, Hicks could have a record night against West.

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Haha. We have to worry about beating Whitney this year. Trust me, the Gatesville game has already been decided. If Coach Bell wanted to do it, Hicks could have a record night against West.

Haha true story. We'll see how it goes.

Panther One
10-01-2008, 09:27 AM
FYI: If Llano and Wimberley make the playoffs out of 8-3A (which it looks like they will), Liberty Hill will be awaiting the DI rep from 7-3A in round one. If Gatesville misses the playoffs, we'll have a state champ and state runner-up facing off in week one. That should be fun.

If Gatesville does make the playoffs and we go DI, I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see us.

JR2004
10-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
If Gatesville does make the playoffs and we go DI, I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see us.

I don't think they really care to be honest. This coaching staff is in just its second season there and to already be in a position to get Gatesville back to the playoffs for the first time since 2002 is a pretty big accomplishment considering how down they've been. I don't think they'd care if they had to line up against Euless Trinity in the first round, just so long as they are in the playoffs.

HORNETSPORTSFAN
10-01-2008, 11:14 AM
dont count us out! We are playing a lot better ball from last year. Last week we should have came out with a win over Connally but we couldnt hold on to the ball , having 5 turn overs. Our defense is playing well right now but our offense needs to put more points on the board and protect the ball. We are off this week getting ready for district. Im confident we will return to the playoffs this for the first time since 2002

Hornet Fight Never Dies (http://www.hornetfightneverdies.com)

trojan37
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by HORNETSPORTSFAN
dont count us out! We are playing a lot better ball from last year. Last week we should have came out with a win over Connally but we couldnt hold on to the ball , having 5 turn overs. Our defense is playing well right now but our offense needs to put more points on the board and protect the ball. We are off this week getting ready for district. Im confident we will return to the playoffs this for the first time since 2002

Hornet Fight Never Dies (http://www.hornetfightneverdies.com)

Have you read the posts on here?? Most of the people are counting you IN. I say you guys go to the playoffs no problem.

HORNETSPORTSFAN
10-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah I know. We are getting the respect here but there are still a lot of people out there counting us out due to our 6 last seasons.

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by HORNETSPORTSFAN
Yeah I know. We are getting the respect here but there are still a lot of people out there counting us out due to our 6 last seasons.

Last season was really the only BAD year that you guys had. At least out of the last four that I saw while I was in high school. Ya'll had good teams those first three before last year, it just always came down to a game with us for that final spot.

Swarm 51
10-01-2008, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JR2004
[B]I don't think they really care to be honest. This coaching staff is in just its second season there and to already be in a position to get Gatesville back to the playoffs for the first time since 2002 is a pretty big accomplishment considering how down they've been.

And, this is a completely diffierent group of young men that are proud to wear the Hornet uniform. Unlike some players on the 2006 and 2007 teams, this group of kids never quit even if the scoreboard is not in their favor. There are no super studs on the team, and the most important thing is that they play together as a TEAM. Unlike the past two years, not any of the players are on the field just for their own personal glory. We don't know what is ahead in district play, but this group of Hornets could surpise a few people. Their slogn is "Hornet fight never dies," and they live up to that slogan.

JR2004
10-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm glad to hear that Swarm. I remember you saying y'all had some kids out there that really didn't care too much about the team aspect. It just doesn't seem like it's been almost six years since that loss in OT to Cameron in the playoffs. That was a heck of a run from 1997 to 2002 that Gatesville had in football. So many very, very good players came through there in that time span. I hope another good run is in y'alls near future.

Oh and how is Coach Maxwell doing these days?

jimmyceatworld
10-01-2008, 11:14 PM
When we played Gatesville I wasn't that impressed with them because they only beat us by 4. But it looks like we have considerably improved since we already have as many wins as the last two years combined. So I think Gatesville is a much better team than I originally thought. I think all their games have been close which shows that they are playing very competitive ball.

trojan37
10-01-2008, 11:42 PM
You know they did beat Cameron, who beat Rockdale, who beat.....:D