PDA

View Full Version : Teams we never hear about....

nunya
09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
....like Nevada Community, Emory Rains, New Boston and DeKalb.....

I wonder if they have a CLUE what 3ADownLow is :-)

CHS_89
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
What happened to the Farmersville posters?

nunya
09-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89

Might have been working out instead of reading chatrooms. It paid off for them last year. Just ask Tatum.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by nunya
....like Nevada Community, Emory Rains, New Boston and DeKalb.....

I wonder if they have a CLUE what 3ADownLow is :-)

Well Dekalb is 2A..New Boston has been 2A..plus they have a regional site they stick to for the most part

nunya
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well Dekalb is 2A..New Boston has been 2A..plus they have a regional site they stick to for the most part

Year, I knew DeKalb was once 3A. What about Decatur? You don't hear a peep from them, either and they were very good at one time or did they drop?

Oh yea Queen City. They were good in baseball.

Ranger Mom
09-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I was looking at WOS87's score board thingamajig and saw teams on there I hadn't even heard of before!

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
I think after all the talk, and the disappointing start (for fans), they are using other "avenues" for discussion.

nunya
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think after all the talk, and the disappointing start (for fans), they are using other "avenues" for discussion.

Yea, Farmersville is like Bandera a few years ago and Medina Valley in the mid 80's. One-season wonders.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was looking at WOS87's score board thingamajig and saw teams on there I hadn't even heard of before!
LOL! It's happened to me once or twice. :)

c-town_balla
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
There are alot of Region 2 teams that you never hear about

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! It's happened to me once or twice. :)

Once realignment comes out you have plenty of time to educate yourself on all the 3A teams!

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Once realignment comes out you have plenty of time to educate yourself on all the 3A teams!
Hey, I educated myself, then read DCTF, but still forgot a few newbies to 3a. :p

nunya
09-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
There are alot of Region 2 teams that you never hear about

especially in Fort Worth/Cleburne area... like Joshua or Saginaw-Boswell in 4A.. Who? :-)

nunya
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
nm

Farmersfan
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Well considering there are a whole bunch of teams out there with just 1 State Title I guess there are a lot of "One Season Wonders". And by your definition, those teams with no title would be "No Season Wonders"?
Farmersville started out the season very, very poorly and a lot of fans were taken by surprise. Most have settled into a wait and see mode but some of us still have high hopes.................

Yea, Farmersville is like Bandera a few years ago and Medina Valley in the mid 80's. One-season wonders.

charlesrixey
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM

Farmersville was a very well respected team in the late '80s and into the 1990's

once they moved up to 3A, they struggled mightily

a very small minority of teams are in the upper echelons of any class

there are a handful of teams that are there every year, and then almost every one else would be a 'one hit wonder' by your definition

is liberty hill remembered for its long average'ness? or its incredible success in the last few years?

for my part, i think we should recognize the accomplishments of farmersville and understand that this is a different team than the one that beat tatum last year

Farmersfan
10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
You are a genius!!!!!!!! Plain and simple...

Originally posted by charlesrixey
Farmersville was a very well respected team in the late '80s and into the 1990's

once they moved up to 3A, they struggled mightily

a very small minority of teams are in the upper echelons of any class

there are a handful of teams that are there every year, and then almost every one else would be a 'one hit wonder' by your definition

is liberty hill remembered for its long average'ness? or its incredible success in the last few years?

for my part, i think we should recognize the accomplishments of farmersville and understand that this is a different team than the one that beat tatum last year

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
You are a genius!!!!!!!! Plain and simple...
And you should post more! :) Most all of us are homers with high hopes at the beginning of the season. The second season has started for some, and is about to for the rest. Good luck to the Farmers!

footballfan65
10-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Farmers fans been posting on the Texas High School Football message board. They aren't being quiet on there.

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by footballfan65
Farmers fans been posting on the Texas High School Football message board. They aren't being quiet on there.
I don't remember if I welcomed you or not, so "Welcome". :)

(Oh, and it seems to have been down the last 2-3 days.)

footballfan65
10-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Been reading the website just haven't posted.

Yes....the Texas High School Football message board has been down.