PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: #12 Carrollton Ranchview vs. #13 Dallas Madison

charlesrixey
09-30-2008, 08:51 PM
rankings are regional

only ten or so games this week-this one could decide district 11-3A

Ranchview fell short against Glen Rose recently, while Madison has scored a ton but allowed a ton +1

Send_the_House
10-01-2008, 07:51 PM
This will be a fun shootout... with tons of pure athletes on the field...

bobcat1
10-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Athletes yes. :thinking: The team that plays as close to a team as possible will win. Be sure and Listen.

JR2004
10-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Hmm...Didn't notice this thread up here...lol.

This game features two bitter rivals who have a long and storied history that dates all the way back to 2006.

That first battle went to the Trojans 54-10 at Standridge Stadium in Carrollton. With the score 47-10 and a walk all the way back to South Dallas looming for the Trojans if they didn't break 50, a timeout was called with 18 seconds remaining in the game. What transpired next was unthinkable to those who don't follow DISD sports. JMT came out five wide and everyone went on a seam route. JL Wallace, doing as he was instructed by our OC, looked deep for an open man. If memory serves correct Broderick Ross caught Wallace's pass and outran stud RB/DB Shaka Harris (He really was good. He was a verbal to Arizona at the time.) for the 82 yard TD. Shaka made a last ditch effort by diving at Broderick's ankles around the 20, but it was too little too late and our players got the 50 they needed in order to avoid that long walk back home on what was a pretty hot October day.

2007 saw two old rivals come in who had been pretty well beaten up by their non-district schedule. We came out and jumped on them 14-0 before our QB and OC had a pow-wow on the sidelines. Luckily our back-up QB, Chris Hight (Who went 4-2 as the starter from there on out last year, but currently starts at WR this year and is again the back-up to our kid who began last year as the starter.) came in and pushed the lead to 21-0 by the end of the third.

Then came the 4th... :mad:

Ranchview scored two TD's to pull to within 21-14. With a little over three minutes left my beloved Trojans could've ran out the clock with a first down or two because Ranchview was out of timeouts. Instead what transpired was our QB snapping the ball with no less than 18 seconds left on the play clock three straight times with the clock rolling (That's how we roll at Madison! Clock management is for suckers!). We had to punt and Ranchview went down the field once again and pulled within 21-20. If you've ever attended a Madison game, you can imagine the verbal exchanges flying in the stands (Just ask G2 how wild us Trojan fans get! There's no fanbase like the fanbase of "The Great James Madison High School"!)...Luckily though that proved to be the end of the comeback as the extra point was blocked, the onside attempt failed and a win over our hated rival from Carrollton was secured.

This year who knows. The Wolves could easily walk in and beat us like a rented mule and the game could be over by halftime as they are sporting a 4-1 record. Ranchview is out for blood and has to travel once again over to Pleasant Grove for the 2nd year in a row. Undra Hendrix is not only the captain of the Wolves defense (As well as easily being their best player on either side of the ball), he is also the self-appointed COMMANDER of the unit. In his own words courtesy of the DMN...

"I think I'm a commander. I'm like the quarterback of the defense. I've got that second vision on the field that the average players don't have, I believe."

There you have it folks. Two bitter rivals squaring off in front of literally hundreds upon hundreds of fans (I'm hesitant to say a thousand as I think hundreds upon hundreds sounds better.) in a game that could, I stress COULD, decide the district championship. In our district there's no telling who could win the district title with all the great teams in district 11-3A like Carter-Riverside, Roosevelt, Castleberry (The list goes on and on.) etc... It just doesn't get any better than that folks!

charlesrixey
10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
i do believe the winner will win the district title, although lake worth could snap out of whatever funk they've been in for a couple of years at some point--of course they don't look super hot at the moment

if Ranchview wins, i have a feeling they will go 9-1 into the playoffs, and mentally that would be huge

they are only around #50 in the state at this point (like madison) but they could possibly make some noise against their 9-3A opponent in the post-season.

JR2004
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Ranchview fell short against Glen Rose recently, while Madison has scored a ton but allowed a ton +1

This was true in our first two games only. We got a kid back on the defensive line against Woodrow and two other kids also joined the defense starting with that game. Since then we've given up one offensive TD in the last 8 quarters (Woodrow and Lincoln.)...

Lincoln scored their only TD on a broken play in the first quarter. By comparison the two teams in Lincoln's district that are supposed to be their main competition in 12-4A were beaten soundly in the last two weeks. Lincoln beat Hillcrest 30-7 (Although it was forfeited this week) and last night they beat Samuell 37-6 and they let former Spruce standout Daniel Mayberry (UNT verbal) catch 3 TD passes. He had no TD catches against us.

With us the improvement shown could all be meaningless. Who knows we might come out and give up 50 tonight.