PDA

View Full Version : look at this

tcpools66
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
who are the 5 teams you thing who has a chance to make it to state

JR2004
09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Why edit your original post saying Kennedale is one of the five teams?

tcpools66
09-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
just to make it look better

tcpools66
09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
do you think yall will

pirate4state
09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Why not make your title a little more informative? I almost moved this to the non sports forum!

jason
09-30-2008, 02:56 PM
he is not know much about what is going on here

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why not make your title a little more informative? I almost moved this to the non sports forum!

Maybe he wanted people to look at this!

pirate4state
09-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Maybe he wanted people to look at this! What has this done to deserve attention?

tcpools66
09-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Maybe he wanted people to look at this!
no one gives kennedale any thing they have made playoffs for the last 7 years and have had great teams

JR2004
09-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by tcpools66
do you think yall will

No...Our offensive game plan of not giving the ball to our best two players isn't conducive to long playoff runs. We're two and done and that's fine by me.

Even if I did though I wouldn't start a thread about it. Our last team capable of winning a state title was in 2005. None of the three teams since then could stay within 30 of that team.

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
What has this done to deserve attention?

I don't know!

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 03:07 PM
no one gives kennedale any thing they have made playoffs for the last 7 years and have had great teams

What do you want us to do? There haven't been any Kennedale posters so there hasn't been anyone to talk to about them. They have had some good teams but they really haven't done anything of significance. Sure they have another good team this year but they aren't the only one! But welcome aboard! Just don't try to force Kennedale on us! Let the game come to you and work them in when appropriate!

bobcat1
09-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Nice warm welcome huh tcpools66? :D

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Nice warm welcome huh tcpools66? :D

Maybe we should setup a welcoming committee!

And I won't be on it!

JR2004
09-30-2008, 03:20 PM
They have had some good teams but they really haven't done anything of significance.

:rolleyes:

You'll have to excuse those of us who don't bandwagon teams who have a chance at playing in a state title game each season for thinking what our teams do is significant. Kennedale has had some really good seasons and most schools would call what they've done this decade significant.

pirate4state
09-30-2008, 03:22 PM

You'll have to excuse those of us who don't bandwagon teams who have a chance at playing in a state title game each season for thinking what our teams do is significant. Kennedale has had some really good seasons and most schools would call what they've done this decade significant.

Speaking of bandwagons....how are the Anthony Wildcats doing this season?

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 03:26 PM

Sorry if I don't think going to the playoffs and winning a couple of games is that big a deal. I'd love it if most of my teams had the success Kennedale has had! But I still don't see it as being a big deal in the landscape of 3A football.

DaHop72
09-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Speaking of bandwagons....how are the Anthony Wildcats doing this season? Dang, wonder where SideBurnWillie went he'd know about the Wildcats and how they are doing this year. :doh:

JR2004
09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Speaking of bandwagons....how are the Anthony Wildcats doing this season?

You'll have to excuse me for mentioning them last season and not just talking about the same small group of teams. :rolleyes:

JR2004
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Sorry if I don't think going to the playoffs and winning a couple of games is that big a deal. I'd love it if most of my teams had the success Kennedale has had! But I still don't see it as being a big deal in the landscape of 3A football.

Considering that you bandwagon a school that goes much further than two rounds every season I can see why you make the statements you do about schools like Kennedale. :rolleyes:

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Considering that you bandwagon a school that goes much further than two rounds every season I can see why you make the statements you do about schools like Kennedale. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm not easily impressed but it doesn't have anything to do with Celina. I've seen plenty of good teams make the playoffs and plenty of good teams win some playoff games. Big deal! Right now there is only one reason I care at all about the success of Celina's football team and it actually has nothing to do with the football team.

trojan37
Kennedale lost to West 2 years ago in district and Glen Rose last year, both times being knocked out of the district championship. I don't think they have what it takes to finish it. Sorry, just my opinion.

cshscougar08
:1popcorn:

DaHop72
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
:1popcorn: Let me pull up a chair. :D

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gifhttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gif

JR2004
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Maybe I'm not easily impressed

Three trips to the Regional Finals in the last seven seasons. That's just not impressive at all. Then again to a bandwagon fan that's just not much. :rolleyes:

Pick6
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Maybe I'm not easily impressed but it doesn't have anything to do with Celina. I've seen plenty of good teams make the playoffs and plenty of good teams win some playoff games. Big deal! Right now there is only one reason I care at all about the success of Celina's football team and it actually has nothing to do with the football team.

Kep don't waste your time with him.

cshscougar08
09-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Let me pull up a chair. :D

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gifhttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gif

WHOA where's the jumbo size?!?! The concession stand I went to only had smalls!!! :D

pirate4state
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Dahop - I need a "2 knuckleheads" smiley :D

JR2004
09-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Kennedale lost to West 2 years ago in district and Glen Rose last year, both times being knocked out of the district championship. I don't think they have what it takes to finish it. Sorry, just my opinion.

I didn't expect too much of Kennedale this year when we played them because they were thoroughly dominated by Roosevelt the year before (so were we for that matter.)...After walking out of their stadium having seen them score 49 points I was impressed. Even though it was at our expense it's fun watching a team just line up and run right at you play after play. Their offensive line plays with great technique and they didn't miss many blocks all night long.

Their offense has been hitting on all cylinders though thus far. Defensively they'll have issues with any team that has burners at the skill positions, but as long as their offense continues to operate at a high level they should be okay. If they go into the DII bracket (This assumes Alvarado makes the playoffs.) I think they will be okay until they run into Celina.

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Three trips to the Regional Finals in the last seven seasons. That's just not impressive at all. Then again to a bandwagon fan that's just not much. :rolleyes:

Hey I said I'm not easily impressed! Besides if we want to look at the last seven seasons I'll put Jasper's up against Kennedale's any time!

jason
09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey I said I'm not easily impressed! I'm the same way - it takes a lot for me to sit and watch a team play and have a 'wow' reaction. You can ask people I've been to games with, I will criticize the team whose side I'm sitting on and offend people but I dont care....

I almost got ran out of the caldwell stands a few years ago at a caldwell vs waco connally playoff game - geez both of those teams were bad lol.....

i guess between being around pretty good football at forney when i was in high school and with copperas cove for the better part of the last decade, i have high expectations from teams who are supposedly top 2 or 3 in the state.....

oh well......

bobcat1
09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey I said I'm not easily impressed! Besides if we want to look at the last seven seasons I'll put Jasper's up against Kennedale's any time! Me too. If some ever get to watch and then be a part of a tradition rich school and program like Celina, it would take a lot for some too. But since some are happy in their victim mentality Kep we just have to say so be it.

Snydertigersrul
09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
who are the 5 teams you thing who has a chance to make it to state

SNYDER
SNYDER
SNYDER
SNYDER
SNYDER:D

bobcat1
09-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
SNYDER
SNYDER
SNYDER
SNYDER
SNYDER:D

Only if they have a ticket.:p

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
who are the 5 teams you thing who has a chance to make it to state I forgot to say "Welcome" last night. :)

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Dahop - I need a "2 knuckleheads" smiley :D
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s35/smilies-40872.png