PDA

View Full Version : Baylor over OU

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Anybody? :thinking:

jason
09-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Anybody? :thinking: it could happen - just not in football....

Bearkat
09-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I agree. This will be an outstanding baseball game though.

BwdLions
09-30-2008, 02:03 PM
It won't happen, but it shouldn't be 70-0 either. I think the Bears have enough confidence and talent to keep the game within 21 points at home.

sahen
09-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I agree. This will be an outstanding baseball game though.

baseball will be ok but this year the basketball games should be great ones, both OU and Baylor look to have good years there, not to mention the ones last year were awesome games that unfortunately didnt end well for baylor....

im going to the football game this weekend, just hope its a good game, but mainly hope that Griffin doesnt get hurt...

cshscougar08
09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
It won't happen, but it shouldn't be 70-0 either. I think the Bears have enough confidence and talent to keep the game within 21 points at home.

If you can call 15,000-20,000 OU fans in the house a home game. :D

nobogey72
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM

I'll give you Baylor + 21 for a large nacho basket at the Wylie/Brownwood game. How bout it? Scared?:)

sahen
09-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
If you can call 15,000-20,000 OU fans in the house a home game. :D

15-20? really....the sooners show up well but its not like when UT or A&M comes....there are about 5-10K but it looks like ooo so much more considering tv shows teh visitors side which is half filled w/ sooners not the 90% baylor fans on teh alumni side....i'd say sooners and nebraska bring the most fans for out of state schools but i dont even konw if they will bother w/ this one, its on tv and an early game...reguardless of how many are there its too much, baylor football needs to get better to fix that problem....

cshscougar08
09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by sahen
15-20? really....the sooners show up well but its not like when UT or A&M comes....there are about 5-10K but it looks like ooo so much more considering tv shows teh visitors side which is half filled w/ sooners not the 90% baylor fans on teh alumni side....i'd say sooners and nebraska bring the most fans for out of state schools but i dont even konw if they will bother w/ this one, its on tv and an early game...reguardless of how many are there its too much, baylor football needs to get better to fix that problem....

Ok 15-20 was an exaggeration, but you're right, it does seem like a ton. I've been to the last two OU BU games at the Case and it's sad. I remember the K-State game two years ago and THEY had 5,000 or so fans there. A winning team will bring the fans.

trojan37
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Baylor's debate team is awesome. They should walk all over OU.

BwdLions
09-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I'll give you Baylor + 21 for a large nacho basket at the Wylie/Brownwood game. How bout it? Scared?:)

I ain't scared. I'll take Baylor and 21 points. ;)

LionKing
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
After last week and weekend, anything's possible, I'd love for Baylor to spoil OU's umblemished 1# ranking, but just don't quite see it happening.

BwdLions
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Nobogey, why haven't I heard back from you? :confused:

bigYoe
10-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Behind Griffin the Bears seem to have more talent and potential this year. They're not quite the caliber team to beat someone as dominant as OU right now, though in a year or two i believe they will with recruiting. Now that Griffin has came to Baylor i believe the recruiting might get a little better. OU is playing great this year but nothing really special. Im hoping that Texas can pull out the big OU and MIZZOU wins and take it home behing McCoy who is looking excellent this year. Anybody see him run over not 1 but 2 Rice defenders bigger than him? He hit em and then walked into the endzone.

cameron91
10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
if baylor fix their defense they will have a shot.if OU can't contain griff , then Baylor will keep this game close.it's everyone forgot how West Virg. ran wild on OU with the zone read..

upset of the week...

CU over Texas

NU over Mizzio

ATM over Okie Lite

KSU over Reck em Tech em.......

Dominicfrank
10-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Baylor wont last the first 5 minutes. This will be maybe the biggest OU blow out of the year.

sahen
10-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Baylor wont last the first 5 minutes. This will be maybe the biggest OU blow out of the year.

5 minutes? really?

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank

I wouldn't say THAT. Although, if we play like we have in each of the other games this year, this game will be over by the end of the first quarter like the other ones. Well Cincy was a bit longer, but still. We've gotten out to fast starts in every game this year. Hope to continue that trend.

cshscougar08
10-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
it's everyone forgot how West Virg. ran wild on OU with the zone read..

Is Baylor WVU? Uh........ definitely NOT.

cameron91
10-01-2008, 05:03 PM
i didn't say they was WVU. Until OU can show that can handle the zone read , teams that run this will have success on them.do i think baylor will beat OU ..noooooooooooo.But who thought the Beavers would beat USC...

sahen
10-01-2008, 06:13 PM
i didn't say they was WVU. Until OU can show that can handle the zone read , teams that run this will have success on them.do i think baylor will beat OU ..noooooooooooo.But who thought the Beavers would beat USC...

the beavers had beat USC 4 of the 5 past times they met in corvalis i believe....basically teh beavers have been blocking the trojans chance of going all the way for a while now...

solocam
10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Sooners are locked cocked and ready to rock Doc
Crimson and Cream 45 Baylor 10

Trashman
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by sahen
baseball will be ok but this year the basketball games should be great ones, both OU and Baylor look to have good years there, not to mention the ones last year were awesome games that unfortunately didnt end well for baylor....

im going to the football game this weekend, just hope its a good game, but mainly hope that Griffin doesnt get hurt...

You better pray that he does not get killed! If anyone could pull off an upset it would be Briles.

BwdLions
10-02-2008, 09:32 AM
if baylor fix their defense they will have a shot.if OU can't contain griff , then Baylor will keep this game close.it's everyone forgot how West Virg. ran wild on OU with the zone read..

upset of the week...

CU over Texas

NU over Mizzio

ATM over Okie Lite

KSU over Reck em Tech em.......

You might see KSU upset Tech, but other than that, you're dreaming cameron.

bigYoe
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
You might see KSU upset Tech, but other than that, you're dreaming cameron.

i believe he was asking which one will occur this week. Out of those i do believe KSU has a chance. I watched ESPN last night and one analyst says Texas has the biggest chance of getting upset. He must not have seen Texas play this year and notice how much better they are doing from last year. McCoy 14tds/1int. compared to last year he's a whole new person.

BwdLions
10-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
i believe he was asking which one will occur this week. Out of those i do believe KSU has a chance. I watched ESPN last night and one analyst says Texas has the biggest chance of getting upset. He must not have seen Texas play this year and notice how much better they are doing from last year. McCoy 14tds/1int. compared to last year he's a whole new person.

Oh, okay. I would say the only realistic upset (to me) in those four games is Tech going down at KSU. I wouldn't put too much into what anyone on ESPN says. Most of those guys still think USC is the best team in the country (except for Lou Holtz, who always thinks Notre Dame is God's gift to college football).

I know alot of people are thinking Texas will be looking ahead to Zero-U, but I think this team is focused. Of course, anything can happen.

Phil C
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Where is the game being played?

cshscougar08
10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Where is the game being played?

It's in Waco.

popcorn screen
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
SAT scores are likely higher, better looking women is a push, team I will pull for is Baylor. I thinkg Baylor will put uup good numbers, but not likely that there DEF is ready to stop the sooner machine. OU has a shot to have a super year this year...YUK

jambo67
10-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I just hope the Bears can give a good account of themselves. A respectable loss would look real good. With the 85 scholarship limit Baylor could really benefit from a good showing.

4x100jackets
10-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Baylor wins only if it is a 400 hurdle race, and Griffin is running for them.

bigron15
10-03-2008, 04:52 AM
colorado is a very good opponent at home. they can contend with anyone like they did last year against oklahoma so im looking at a buff upset. after all..they are 3-1 this year. as for the baylor game...im looking for an OU-A&M showing from oklahoma. 77-0

BwdLions
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
colorado is a very good opponent at home. they can contend with anyone like they did last year against oklahoma so im looking at a buff upset. after all..they are 3-1 this year.

It won't happen bigron. The Horns roll in this one 42-24. ;)

garciap77
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I ain't scared. I'll take Baylor and 21 points. ;)

I'll take Baylor and 35 points!:)

thatboiwes
10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I'll be there! I'm excited. This will be my 1st college football game to go to. Boomer Sooner!

BwdLions
10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

This is nobogey's post from the first page of this thread. I took his bet and now he won't acknowledge. Garciap, I'll let you have the deal if he doesn't take it. It should be an easy win for either one of you guys. I'll be there next Friday to pay up if I lose.

Gontex
10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Anybody? :thinking:

Hey kep,
I want some of whatever it is you are using. Bears may hang for the first quarter, but Sooners will boom and make them pay the rest of the game.