PDA

View Full Version : Who Goes 4A Next Year?

Bullaholic
09-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Who do you think goes up to 4A next re-alignment?
????
Abilene Wylie
Liberty Hill
WOS
Burkburnett
Brownwood
Fredricksburg

mwynn05
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
none of them, not til 2010 any way

bobcat1
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
no one. Re-alignment is not next year.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
We're nowhere close, from what I understand, unless there is an enormous amount of move-ins between now & then. I don't know that I've seen the 8th grade numbers, but I'm going to guess around 175, give or take a few. :thinking:

Bullaholic
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
none of them, not til 2010 any way

True---my error---change to next re-alignment, then.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 12:58 PM
And no, it's not next fall, but it the realignment numbers will be taken in October and new info released next school year.

BwdLions
09-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
????
Abilene Wylie
Liberty Hill
WOS
Burkburnett
Brownwood
Fredricksburg

Silly, Abilene Wylie will never go 4A. :rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
09-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
????
Abilene Wylie
Liberty Hill
WOS
Burkburnett
Brownwood
Fredricksburg

Most people know that 3A is Wylie's enrollment, plus one or two.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2008, 01:01 PM
With the housing collapse and economic downturn I think your looking at more teams coming down

Forney with a 2nd HS now maybe looking at a 3A slot..this next realignment will be VERY interesting IMO

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
With the housing collapse and economic downturn I think your looking at more teams coming down

Forney with a 2nd HS now maybe looking at a 3A slot..this next realignment will be VERY interesting IMO
The kids still have to attend school somewhere, don't they? :confused:

Emerson1
09-30-2008, 01:02 PM

Sweet, now we can be #2 and #3 in the state!

jason
09-30-2008, 01:02 PM

Forney with a 2nd HS now maybe looking at a 3A slot..this next realignment will be VERY interesting IMO how do you think forney's team now would rank in 3a ??

they are top 10 in the dfw are in 4a....

Emerson1
09-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by jason
how do you think forney's team now would rank in 3a ??

they are top 10 in the dfw are in 4a....
Massey has us at #9 in 3A

jason
09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Massey has us at #9 in 3A

add forney to this district (14):

canton
eustace
kemp
mineola
van
wills point

Bullaholic
09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I think just about any school in Collin county will be 4A or larger by next re-alignment. I wonder what some of these Collin county boom towns will do down the road---let their highschool top 4A limits or build another school. Prosper and Little Elm (already 4A) come to mind.

kaorder1999
09-30-2008, 01:12 PM
add forney to this district (14):

canton
eustace
kemp
mineola
van
wills point
Forney would be a VERY good 3A team right now

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The kids still have to attend school somewhere, don't they? :confused:

the kids are moving is my point..with the housing collapse, Forney does not have many apt complexes..so if u dont live in a house in Forney your moving..and ALOT are moving in our area and more are moving in others.

Add that to the 2nd HS that will already siphon away students...We could very weel see both start in 3A...or Forney in 3A and NF in 2A

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 01:17 PM
the kids are moving is my point..with the housing collapse, Forney does not have many apt complexes..so if u dont live in a house in Forney your moving..and ALOT are moving in our area and more are moving in others.

Add that to the 2nd HS that will already siphon away students...We could very weel see both start in 3A...or Forney in 3A and NF in 2A
Oh, I understand the Forney part, just thought the first part was more inclusive than just Forney. :doh:

Emerson1
09-30-2008, 01:18 PM

I don't think it will be THAT drastic.

If it was an even split for what the enrollment is now it would be about 900 for each school. I could see a 4A-3A, 3A-3A but not a 3A-2A.

I could go for a 3A-2A, we would be pretty dang good

jason
09-30-2008, 01:19 PM

If it was an even split for what the enrollment is now it would be about 900 for each school. I could see a 4A-3A, 3A-3A but not a 3A-2A.

that's kind of what i was thinking - too bad they cant have athletic tryouts and send the good athletes to one school and the smart kids to the other....

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM
that's kind of what i was thinking - too bad they cant have athletic tryouts and send the good athletes to one school and the smart kids to the other....
Would that produce a 5A academic school & a killer athletic 1A school? ;)

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM
WOS will see 2A before it sees 4A again.

Schools with over 900 last alignment:

Lubbock Estacado
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Burkburnett
Burnet
Canyon Lake
Fredericksburg
Paris
North Lamar
Carter Riverside
Diamond Jarvis Hill
Alvarado
Kennedale
Athens
Huffman Hargrave
Splendora
Taylor
Robstown
Hidalgo
Zapata

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2008, 01:23 PM

I could go for a 3A-2A, we would be pretty dang good

if numbers drop just a bit then your right

But living in Windmill Farms I can tell you it is becoming drastic here, the move out rate is going up each month per the WF office and they dont see it stopping any time soon

Emerson1
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I hope so. WF and forney is trying to eminent domain some land for more phases....

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, I understand the Forney part, just thought the first part was more inclusive than just Forney. :doh:

It is more inclusive than Forney

Look at 3A towns being boosted with a housing community as their main population source..If that community is losing people and their is not alot of rental houses/apt those people will move to the closest bigger city meaning that 3A school alot of people thought would be 4A soon will now not reach those numbers

Now if that town has plenty of rental choices, then most will try to stay in area, but when housing crashes, usually the inner city schools see their enrollment rise as mnay come back into the fold so to speak

Stownhorse
09-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions

Hey, you caught on too? lol

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 01:28 PM
It is more inclusive than Forney

Look at 3A towns being boosted with a housing community as their main population source..If that community is losing people and their is not alot of rental houses/apt those people will move to the closest bigger city meaning that 3A school alot of people thought would be 4A soon will now not reach those numbers

Now if that town has plenty of rental choices, then most will try to stay in area, but when housing crashes, usually the inner city schools see their enrollment rise as mnay come back into the fold so to speak
I guess it's a difference in the area, then.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I guess it's a difference in the area, then.

What do you mean?

nobogey72
09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions

That's right! Because we make the rules. And, we hide kids. And, if those 2 don't work, we bribe the UIL. We've got it figured out.:rolleyes: :D

setxsports
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
WOS is down to 650.

BILLYFRED0000
09-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Celina grew at about 4 percent last year and this year looks even slower with fuel prices the way they are. It looks like we are in a temporary slowdown. Might take us another 4 alignments to hit 4a at this rate.

BwdLions
09-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
That's right! Because we make the rules. And, we hide kids. And, if those 2 don't work, we bribe the UIL. We've got it figured out.:rolleyes: :D

I don't blame you guys, I admire you for making it work.

Rocket
09-30-2008, 02:12 PM

Chickens... Just go 4A....there is no difference in 3A and 4A... :rolleyes:

Pick6
09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

There is only one difference, 4A is easier

nobogey72
09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Seriously, what I predict is that at the next realignment is that there will be more 5A teams dropping down to 4A, and therefore more 4A's dropping to 3A. There will be a lot more schools drop down a class than there will be schools go up a class.

3afan
09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
+ most new schools opening up will be 4A/5A ... this will squeeze more into 3A

jason
09-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
+ most new schools opening up will be 4A/5A ... this will squeeze more into 3A could push copperas cove back to 4a - they started this school year well under the 4a/5a cutoff....

nobogey72
09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
could push copperas cove back to 4a - they started this school year well under the 4a/5a cutoff....

I heard Abilene Cooper's HC say today that at the current rate of new HS's opening in the next 2 yrs that he thinks the # for 5A could be as much as 2100-2200. But, his guess is just like everyone else's.... just a guess.

tcpools66
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I heard Abilene Cooper's HC say today that at the current rate of new HS's opening in the next 2 yrs that he thinks the # for 5A could be as much as 2100-2200. But, his guess is just like everyone else's.... just a guess.

kennedale will be in 4A

jason
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by tcpools66
kennedale will be in 4A why do you say that? their enrollment this last go around was only 915

tcpools66
09-30-2008, 02:49 PM
why do you say that? their enrollment this last go around was only 915

alot of people is moving to kennedale and alot of new house are up
just two years ago they were at 750 so anything can happen

NastySlot
09-30-2008, 05:19 PM

I worked for that guy once.....good man.

grmfan93
09-30-2008, 05:25 PM
wylie never goes 4A....seems like they are always a couple of people away.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 06:45 PM
What do you mean?
There's not a lot of people leaving the area. :doh:

Mcguirk
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM

Shhhh......Don't tell them about our "Donate Your Benz to keep Wylie 3A, UIL payoff fund".

Mcguirk
09-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Or our "Take a Wylie kid to school for a day when the UIL counts students" deal we have worked out with Abilene ISD.

Matthew328
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
I think you will see more 4A's drop than 3A's move up....3A is where the class has room to grow...more new HS's coming online will continue to push the # up. I think the only 3A who will probably go up for sure is Prosper. Lovejoy and Canyon Lake will probably be close.

I think you'll see even more 4A's drop though..

Here is a list of 4A's on the border these schools either reported under 1100 last realingment or I know are under 1100

San Elizario
Canyon
Dumas
Pampa
Big Spring
Mineral Wells
Springtown
FW Dunbar (would opt down)
FW Poly (non sure)
FW Wyatt (would opt down)
Everman (reported 1159 but they graduated an unusually large senior class running about 1060 right now)
Stephenville
Royse City (is well under 1050)
Dallas Smith
Dallas Lincoln
Dallas Hillcrest
Sulphur Springs
Henderson
Lindale
Mabank
Elgin
Manor
Barbers Hill
Lumberton
El Campo
Lampasas
Pleasanton
Boerne HS (will re-open as a 3A Champion will be 4A)
Beeville Jones
Rockport-Fulton
Tuloso-Midway

and this isn't couting the silly Houston ISD schools which if they let all the low enrollment schools drop could have their own 3A district! LOL

As you can see lots of big names on the list the bottom end of 4A is growing and so more shifting at the top will send more team tumbling down. The only 2A's I can see moving up would be PIlot Point, Aubrey and Godley

nobogey72
09-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
wylie never goes 4A....seems like they are always a couple of people away.

Hey it's a rule that you have to win more than 1 game to talk smack. Go polish your golf trophy or something.:taunt:

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

I thought schools could only opt "up". :confused:

Old Green
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
La Vernia is really growing. They might could go 4A next realignment.

Matthew328
09-30-2008, 08:35 PM

true I probably should say elect drop down

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 08:36 PM

If they choose not to opt up, they opt down.

garciap77
09-30-2008, 10:33 PM

You know you are right, Rocket! The way your team has been manhandle in 3A. I would have to agree with you that there is no difference!

:D :D :D

Crap... nevermind guys... Brownwood sucks.

JR2004
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Here is a list of 4A's on the border these schools either reported under 1100 last realingment or I know are under 1100

FW Poly (non sure)
Everman (reported 1159 but they graduated an unusually large senior class running about 1060 right now)
Dallas Smith
Dallas Lincoln
Dallas Hillcrest
Lampasas
and this isn't couting the silly Houston ISD schools which if they let all the low enrollment schools drop could have their own 3A district! LOL

The Fort Worth schools dropping down would have little to no impact on football. Basketball would be another story, especially if they put them in region I. You could go ahead and pencil in Dunbar for the Region I spot every year in Austin if they were put in Region I.

A. Maceo and Hillcrest are likely to drop next year and I'm glad for that. It'll give us a couple of DISD rivals on the schedule besides Velt. Hillcrest would do alright in football, but basketball is where they'd make their mark.

Lincoln will not be dropping. The added enrollment from Spruce is enough to keep them up another realignment. If Spruce completely re-opens then two realignments from now Lincoln will have a 3A enrollment. They'd be very competitive in football, but they'd run 3A in basketball (Both boys and girls). Unlikely that they'll drop though. They're stubborn and want to be stay in 4A (due to basketball) and would sooner opt up than drop even though it would benefit them greatly overall. DISD would have to force them to move down. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE being in a district again with Lincoln though and having our games in football and basketball each year mean something in the district standings.

Lampasas will likely never be 3A again. Next year the new high school opens (waste of money, but that's another story) and I believe the low end capacity for the school is expected to be 1600. They'll still building new homes and the east end of the county (Kempner) still only has an elementary school. If Kempner decides to build a high school then Lampasas could drop, but that's years away from being a reality. The way they're going though dropping to 3A wouldn't help much. They're just awful across the board right now in sports (probably as bad as things have ever been) and there isn't much optimism there that it'll get better anytime soon. It'd be nothing like the last time we were in 3A (84-93) and were good to very good across the board in all sports in the old Hill Country 3A district.

mwynn05
10-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
The Fort Worth schools dropping down would have little to no impact on football. Basketball would be another story, especially if they put them in region I. You could go ahead and pencil in Dunbar for the Region I spot every year in Austin if they were put in Region I.

A. Maceo and Hillcrest are likely to drop next year and I'm glad for that. It'll give us a couple of DISD rivals on the schedule besides Velt. Hillcrest would do alright in football, but basketball is where they'd make their mark.

Lincoln will not be dropping. The added enrollment from Spruce is enough to keep them up another realignment. If Spruce completely re-opens then two realignments from now Lincoln will have a 3A enrollment. They'd be very competitive in football, but they'd run 3A in basketball (Both boys and girls). Unlikely that they'll drop though. They're stubborn and want to be stay in 4A (due to basketball) and would sooner opt up than drop even though it would benefit them greatly overall. DISD would have to force them to move down. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE being in a district again with Lincoln though and having our games in football and basketball each year mean something in the district standings.

Lampasas will likely never be 3A again. Next year the new high school opens (waste of money, but that's another story) and I believe the low end capacity for the school is expected to be 1600. They'll still building new homes and the east end of the county (Kempner) still only has an elementary school. If Kempner decides to build a high school then Lampasas could drop, but that's years away from being a reality. The way they're going though dropping to 3A wouldn't help much. They're just awful across the board right now in sports (probably as bad as things have ever been) and there isn't much optimism there that it'll get better anytime soon. It'd be nothing like the last time we were in 3A (84-93) and were good to very good across the board in all sports in the old Hill Country 3A district. You can pretty much pencil them into the state tournament every year in 4a jr haha

3afan
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Lampasas will likely never be 3A again. Next year the new high school opens (waste of money, but that's another story)

why is a new HS for Lampasas a waste of $ ?

87 TIGER
10-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Rockdale and Cameron could easily both be moving down to 2a next alignment. Both schools are pretty close now and the biggest employer in the county located in Rockdale, Alcoa with about 1200 employees has anounced it will close its doors in November. In a town our size thats a huge number of families losiing their jobs.

JR2004
10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
why is a new HS for Lampasas a waste of $ ?

There was no pressing need for a new high school. It was just a small group of wealthy folks who got together and pushed and pushed and pushed until they got the bond through. It's just comical because the city council has no intention of letting the town grow enough to merit this school being built. The only way that new school fills up is with growth from the east end of the county. The only people in the county who should've been building a high school was Kempner, not Lampasas. Once they finally have their own high school Lampasas is going to have a high school with a capacity of around 1600-1800 with 700 to 800 students in the building. That's a colossal waste of money.

3afan
10-01-2008, 12:20 PM
was just wondering ..... i have a nephew who lives in Oakalla and attends LHS

PPSTATEBOUND
10-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I think you will see more 4A's drop than 3A's move up....3A is where the class has room to grow...more new HS's coming online will continue to push the # up. I think the only 3A who will probably go up for sure is Prosper. Lovejoy and Canyon Lake will probably be close.

I think you'll see even more 4A's drop though..

San Elizario
Canyon
Dumas
Pampa
Big Spring
Mineral Wells
Springtown
FW Poly (non sure)
Stephenville
Royse City (is well under 1050)
Dallas Smith
Dallas Lincoln
Dallas Hillcrest
Sulphur Springs
Henderson
Lindale
Mabank
Elgin
Manor
Barbers Hill
Lumberton
El Campo
Lampasas
Pleasanton
Boerne HS (will re-open as a 3A Champion will be 4A)
Beeville Jones
Rockport-Fulton
Tuloso-Midway

As you can see lots of big names on the list the bottom end of 4A is growing and so more shifting at the top will send more team tumbling down. The only 2A's I can see moving up would be PIlot Point, Aubrey and Godley

Pilot Point will not move up in 2010....Aubrey will for sure....Pilot Point has about 80 kids in each class in high school right now and in 8th grade 4x80 even 90 or 100 does not put us over the top.....the sr. class this year has 130 the biggest class ever at PP....The growth is just not here yet, and wont be for some time.

Pick6
10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Pilot Point will not move up in 2010....

If even then. PP is one of the worst schools finanically in the state. If someone is looking to move to that area of North Texas, PPISD would lose out to just about all the ISD's in that area.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
You are so right......:eek:

Matthew328
10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I think Dunbar and Wyatt would be solid in football....not powers but playoff contenders every year..

navscanmaster
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Bryan Rudder will move up to 4A for sure. They have 830 kids in only 2 grades this year.

Emerson1
10-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Bryan Rudder will move up to 4A for sure. They have 830 kids in only 2 grades this year.
How did they not start in 4A?

I thought for opening schools that didn't have 4 full classes you took the current enrollment x 1.66 ?

kepdawg
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
How did they not start in 4A?

I thought for opening schools that didn't have 4 full classes you took the current enrollment x 1.66 ?

They probably only had right at 500 real live breathing kids and the formula was applied.

Trashman
10-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I just don't see meto 4/5A schools droping to 3A. History shows that when the economy hits the skids, city's grow and small towns loose. The Western 2/3 of Texas will continue to loose population as the I-35 corridor continues to grow. This will really hit home if the price of oil bottoms out.

If Brownwood were to loose any one of its major mfg plants the exodus of people to the meto areas would be swift.

arges
10-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Navarro should be close. They were tied with Pilot Point for the largest 2A school at realignment. There are a lot of people living in this district. I even heard talk that they may expand their new high school which has about 600 capacity. I'm sure the farmers in the district will be thrilled about this bond issue should it come to pass.

JustAFan
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by tcpools66
alot of people is moving to kennedale and alot of new house are up
just two years ago they were at 750 so anything can happen

Not sure who this person is, but they are not correct or accurate. Matt can vouch for the accuracy of my numbers in the past, I just don't post often.

Kennedale will not go 4A in the next alignment. Numbers this year are right about the same as last year. Yes, there have been some houses built, but a big "boom" in enrollment has not occured at the high school level.

Beast Fan
10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
I bet 1-3 Brownwood begs to go back to 4A after the way they have been violated in 3A.

garciap77
10-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
I bet 1-3 Brownwood begs to go back to 4A after the way they have been violated in 3A.

Is that you GO Blue?

:D

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is that you GO Blue?

:D
Good Lord NO it's not! :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :1popcorn: Heehee

Beast Fan
10-03-2008, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by garciap77
[B]Is that you GO Blue?

No just another LH Wannabe

garciap77
10-03-2008, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by garciap77
[B]Is that you GO Blue?

No just another LH Wannabe

Well then, you are going to make wimbo_pro mad then!

;)