PDA

View Full Version : Most Admirable Athletics

Bullaholic
09-30-2008, 11:20 AM
I like to ask every now and then which schools, in all classes, you think have the most admirable athletic programs overall taking into account:

1. Cumulative record in all sports

2. Facillities

3. Reputation among peers

4. Fan participation and conduct

5. Athlete quality (Numbers playing in college)

6. Coaching

7. Academics ( Good cumulative team gradepoints)

3afan
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Southlake Carroll will be near the top of that list .....

STANG RED
09-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd have to go with Abilene Wylie.

They may not always have the best athletes but they somehow manage to get the best out of what they have year in and year out. And their participation in all sports, UIL competitions, and extracurriculars are second to none. As is their academics.
Of course their demographics has a lot to do with all that, but I know of other schools with much the same demographics that come no where near duplicating what Wylie does.

kepdawg
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Carroll, Highland Park, Plano West, Flower Mound Marcus, McKinney Boyd

3afan
09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
as far as 3A in the DFW area, Celina is tops

c-town_balla
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Homer pick but Cameron

1. Always good in Football and Baseball. Playoff teams yearly in Volleyball and basketball. Tennis is sending people to state.

2. Nice new field house. New Softball field. Hopfully a new baseball field. A basketball court nice enought to host 5A playoffs.

3. I wouldn't know

4. Good participation so-so conduct

5. ALOT of baseball players in the JUCO level. In the last decade 2 D1 football.....many D2 and D3 players

6. always top of the line

7. I was one of the less smart baseball players and I got into Texas....so take whatever that means

gibby
09-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'd have to go with Abilene Wylie.

They may not always have the best athletes but they somehow manage to get the best out of what they have year in and year out. And their participation in all sports, UIL competitions, and extracurriculars are second to none. As is their academics.
Of course their demographics has a lot to do with all that, but I know of other schools with much the same demographics that come no where near duplicating what Wylie does.

Thanks Stang.

crabman
10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
From the outside looking in I have always been impressed by Abilene Wylie. They seem to have it all.

The other is a former 3A program. Canyon. Football, track, cross country, academics, etc.....

Old Tiger
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Canyon or is it Canton?

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Canyon or is it Canton?
Canyon was always near the top of the Lone Star Standings thing.

Old Tiger
10-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Lindsay in 1A

The Woodlands in 5a

Windthorst in 1a

NastySlot
10-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I like to ask every now and then which schools, in all classes, you think have the most admirable athletic programs overall taking into account:

1. Cumulative record in all sports

2. Facillities

3. Reputation among peers

4. Fan participation and conduct

5. Athlete quality (Numbers playing in college)

6. Coaching

7. Academics ( Good cumulative team gradepoints)

In the San Antonio area thats easy...at the top would have to be Smithson Valley.....with others to consider in no order:

Boerne, Kerrville Tivy, SA Reagan, SA Madison, New Braunfels, NB Canyon Medina Valley and Judson..........now most of those would have plus or minus in some of your criteria.

small schools would include; Devine and Hondo.

JR2004
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Kennedale in the DFW area for 3A schools. They seem to actually care about fielding good teams in multiple sports. I like schools like Kennedale that don't just get behind football, but instead support all of their athletic teams.