PDA

View Full Version : Region I Scattershooting

vet93
09-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Canyon looked to be a team with a bright future this year. They had as many returning starters as anybody and they gave Greenwood a run for their money last year in the playoffs. This is what makes the injury to their quarterback (if the rumor is true) so difficult to take. Hopefully they can pull things together and salvage the season.

For those who saw the Ballinger/Greenwood game as a sign of Greenwood's weakness...think again. The Rangers made alot of mistakes (as did Ballinger) and with a little tweeking by coach Purser they will be as potent as last year. Look for them to roll against Shallowater.

Merkel/Clyde is the toughest game to call this week for me. I picked Clyde in a squeaker.

Ballinger/Bangs is an interesting matchup for much different reasons than I thought it would be at the beginning of the season. If the Dragons play like last week they could lose big. If they play to their potential, it could be a close game.

Snyder/Wylie is a good matchup that will answer alot of questions. Has Hugh completed the reloading of Wylie (like he always does) and is Snyder going to be able to rise above the inconsistencies of last year. I have to go with the Bulldogs.

Sweetwater/Graham ought to be a dandy. Sweetwater has alot of questions to answer with the loss of Carillo/Squires. I think that they will answer those questions over the next few weeks and be primed for the playoffs. Graham will be good as usual...but will they be good enough to get past Wylie in the playoffs (and regular season) this year. I will pick Sweetwater by a nose.

Is Pecos for real? I was one of the few people who picked them to make the playoffs this year. It will be interesting to see if they can build on the momentum from last week.

I am still not a monahans believer. They will make the playoffs, but if they play Everman again, it will be a repeat of last years massacre. I expect more out of a larger 3a school with coach Hanna at the helm.

Is Brady for real? I think that they have the skill position people but do they have the overall team to challenge in district? The jury is still out...Coleman was a pretty weak foe.

Matthew328
09-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Canyon looks to be in trouble...I thought they'd make a run...how about Borger beating Plainview..no one has talked much about the Bulldogs, but they could be a team to watch...

No weakness in Greenwood, both they and Ballinger are great teams...

Jury is still out on both Wylie and Snyder....give me a few more weeks for judgement on them!

Pecos may be for real....could they be the next 4-3A team to make a long playoff run?
They have something that is a premium in West Texas..a legit burner in the backfield..

Monahans disappointed me..they do seem to be slow starters 4-3A could be tough...going D-2 would help them I think..

vet93
09-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Matt...I took note of Borger's win too! If they can build on the win over Plainview they could be Everman's opponent instead of a weak monahans team. I still think that Everman rolls, but at least Borger ought to be able to contend with the speed of Everman a little better.

Wtx_coach
09-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Matthew328:
Canyon looks to be in trouble...I thought they'd make a run...how about Borger beating Plainview..no one has talked much about the Bulldogs, but they could be a team to watch...

No weakness in Greenwood, both they and Ballinger are great teams...

Jury is still out on both Wylie and Snyder....give me a few more weeks for judgement on them!

Pecos may be for real....could they be the next 4-3A team to make a long playoff run?
They have something that is a premium in West Texas..a legit burner in the backfield..

Monahans disappointed me..they do seem to be slow starters 4-3A could be tough...going D-2 would help them I think..Hey there matt, I really think Pecos is for real, they have to burners in teh backfield, Phobbs is 6'3 215 jr, 4.5 and Terry is 6'0 185 jr. 4.3, Phobbs is a brutal runner, he had 11 carries for 110 yards and Terry had a 115 total yards of offense, they have other weapons that can make them have a deep run if everything goes right fo the Eagles.

VWG
09-04-2003, 03:00 PM
Sweetwater/Graham injury update.
Graham loses all dist. linebacker Josh Lipsey in this one to a sore shoulder. Out for one to two weeks.

bd62
09-04-2003, 04:28 PM
v93 you sure know your west tx. football. i wish every region had a summary like that. great job.keep it coming each week.