PDA

View Full Version : Calallen Tournament???

Vrabird
03-06-2003, 07:33 AM
Anyone know how Sinton is doing in the tournament?

pirate4state
03-06-2003, 09:49 AM
The tourney was scheduled to begin today. Sinton's first game vs. Odem (today, at Noon) has been postponed. No news on when or if they will re-schedule. Weather may play a factor today, but if the weather guys are actually :rolleyes: right :rolleyes: then the rest of the weekend should not pose a problem. Will update any new info I receive. wink

Hannibal
03-06-2003, 11:07 AM
The weather guys haven't been right in two weeks.

pirate4state
03-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Nope, and as it turns out they are playing at noon vs. Odem and again at 5p vs. SA Holmes at Oil Belt Field (wherever that's at).

pirate4state
03-06-2003, 01:56 PM
UPDATE:

Bottom of the 3rd, Sinton 2 Odem 3, Andrew Garcia (?) is pitching. Omar is still out with a hamstring pull.

Phil C
03-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Thank you Pirate. Any idea how long Omar is expected to be out with his injury? It is good they are resting him to let him get well.

pirate4state
03-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Don't know Phil, but I'll try and find out.

Bottom of the 4th, Sinton 3 Odem 4, anyone know anything about Andrew Garcia???

pirate4state
03-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Top of the 7th, no change in score, Sinton is home team with the #2,3, and 4 hole up. Will try and post a final score, but I'll be leaving soon...

pirate4state
03-06-2003, 03:04 PM
FINAL SCORE:

Odem 8
Sinton 3

Yikes!! Offensive struggle for Adrian, Chance and Omar Rodriguez. Wes Fagan went 3-3, Ortiz (DH) hitting the ball pretty good. Again, stranding guys on base. Good experience for young pitcher, but still a bitter pill to swallow.

Phil C
03-06-2003, 04:03 PM
That is a tough pill to swallow Pirate but I have watched them for years and Coach K usually plays newer and younger players before district and they sometimes lose games early in the year. I think last year they lost to Pleasanton or G-P in a tournament early in the season and yet in a warm up game for playoffs they won. Hopefully maybe they will get to play Odem in a warm up playoff game even though Odem may decline. Still I think Coach K will have them at their best come playoff time and hopefully the bitterness will turn sweet like last year even though right now you hate to lose to Odem with the big rivary and all that.

Hannibal
03-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Who pitched for Sinton?

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Andrew Garcia pitched vs Odem, he is a sophmore. Matthew Trujillo, also a sophmore, pitched vs SA Holmes in the 5 o'clock game. Sinton won that game in 6 innings 15-2 (this may not be the final score but this was the last update I received--10 run rule and all).

Tomorrow Sinton plays SA Clark at eek! 9:30 a.m.!! Then again at 5:00 vs Eagle Pass. Will probably be able to give updates on the first game, and a final score on the evening game. wink

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Top of the 3rd, Sinton 2 SA Clark 1

Jason Adams pitching. SA Clark scored first.

In the 2nd, Chance hit a triple and scored on a passed ball. Jason reached on single, advanced to 2nd on a passed ball, advanced to 3rd off a single and scored on a fielder's choice.

More updates to follow... :D

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Bottom of the 3rd:

pitching change to report, Stephen Skrobracek in for Jason Adams.

In the top of the 3rd SA Clark scored (no details)

Bottom of the 3rd, Adrian hits a solo homerun, Chance struck out, Skro reaches on a single up the middle, up to bat...Wes Fagan with 2 outs, Skro advances on a pass ball, 2-1 count on Fagan, dinker to pitcher out #3 to retire the side.

Top of the 4th:

... I'll be back in the bottom of the 5th...

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 12:13 PM
In the 4th inning both teams went 3 up 3 down.

In the 5th inning:

SA Clark's lead off batter (hit by pitch)-advances on PB to 2nd & 3rd (lots of passed balls) and scores on a fielder's choice.

2nd batter reached on a single to SS, advanced to 2nd on a bunt, advanced to 3rd on a wild pitch, scored on a passed ball!!

Bottom of the 5th: Sinton 3 up, 3 down

score 4-3 SA Clark frown

Phil C
03-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Thank you Pirate even though the news is bad. Please keep the updates coming. Hopefully the sixed inning will be better.

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 12:31 PM
In the 6th inning, SA Clark scores again to make it 5-3.

In the bottom of the 6th:

bases were loaded with 0 outs and Omar R. and Demi Davilla both strike out and Roland Cantu grounds out to SS. Chance did score on a passed ball.

SO, at the top of the 7th, score is 5-4

hope defense can keep them scoreless and with the top of the order up they can score some runs...

next update---final score

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Sorry guys, I don't have THE final score. My brother left in the top of the 7th inning after SA Clark hit a grand slam off of Skro. At that point the score was 10-4, with a runner on 2nd and only 1 out!!! Unless the crew had a decent at bat in the bottom of the 7th it is safe to assume that they lost this one. Next game will be vs. Eagle Pass at 5p.m.

On a positive note, the Softball girls upset Houston Bellaire down in Kingsville (Kingsville Tourney) this morning. Their next game is against Kingsville at 1:30 this afternoon.

Phil C
03-07-2003, 02:09 PM
That is great news about the girls winning Pirate. I don't have much hope with them beating Kingsville because Kingsville is one of the best teams in 4A in the State and they should have a great chance at winning 4A State this year.

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey Phil, your next post will be your 200th!! and I hit 150 with all these baseball posts :D :D woo-hoo for me!

Phil C
03-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Thank you Pirate and this is No. 200 for me. Congratulations on your posts too and every one of yours has been worthwhile. The game updates are very much appreciated and useful. Are you going to the game tonight in Calallen. I think I will go to the Junior Varsity Tournament in Sinton tonight if there are any games since it is in town and give some of our future stars some support.

pirate4state
03-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Not gonna be able to make either one. Be sure and post any news you have about the JV tourney!

SintonFan
03-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Thanks pirate4state and Phil C for keeping this thread going! Keep it going guys!

You guys http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/rockroll.gif for Sinton in my book!

pirate4state
03-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Sinton beat Eagle Pass last night 9-3. They play Beeville this morning at 9:30. Will post final score. Softball girls lost both games last night, play again this morning at 10:30 down in Kingsville.

pirate4state
03-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Guys beat Beeville 8-3. They had a good 5th inning scored 6 runs. Next game vs. Fal in Sinton, Tuesday night @ 7 p.m. :p

pirate4state
03-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Phil C:
Thank you Pirate. Any idea how long Omar is expected to be out with his injury? It is good they are resting him to let him get well.Omar is expected back on Friday (3/14), just in time for district on the 18th!! Lets keep our fingers crossed!!

pirate4state
03-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Last post, I promise (what can I say, I'm addicted to this site!) Softball girls won their game this morning eek! 16-1 eek! (not sure on the team they beat, it was a Houston squad) Great Job for both squads. Wonder how the track team is doing... :D

Phil C
03-10-2003, 10:01 AM
I am sorry to post this so late but I caught four of the JV games that they played at their tournament in Sinton Friday and Saturday. I am not sure of the scores because they weren't posting them and there was no one in the pressbox announcing until the last game but on Friday Sinton beat Mathis 18 to 0 and Ingleside 6 to 0. On Saturday they beat West Oso 10 to 0 and Taft 13 to 0. I know these were just JV games but there is some talent there and several good young pitchers. I know we are graduating some outstanding seniors this year from the varisity but from what I have seen of the JVs the future in Sinton baseball still looks bright. If Sinton didn't have several outstanding seniors on the team some of these JV players could play varisity and do a good job.

keep_it_real
03-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Isnt Odem a 2a school. Was Sinton ranked #1 in state? I remember Odem did alot of playing youngsters in tournys as well. Odem and Sinton were rivals to I think. Or atleast they used to be when Odem was still 3a.

Phil C
03-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Keep it was big rivary for years but it seems that since Odem is in 2A the rivary that was just isn't the same.

keep_it_real
03-11-2003, 05:21 PM
I bet that was a big win though, considering a 2a team beat Sinton, that should boost the confidence of an already experienced team.

Phil C
03-11-2003, 05:33 PM
I agree it was a good win for them anyway but they were low key because the Odem coaches and players knew Sinton was playing new players and looking at younger players plus several players were out with the flu. Of course that went for both sides but the two teams were not at their best during that game like they will be when the playoffs come. Odem should do very well in the playoffs in 2A.

District303aPastPlayer
03-12-2003, 01:05 PM
in talking with people from Odem, their team is loaded up and down the line up. Sinton, i feel, is the same way. Odems victory over Sinton isnt just a loss to a 2A team, its a loss to a legitamite state contender.

Just a note, from 96-99, Sinton NEVER Beat Odem.
or so my brother, from odem, says.

keep_it_real
03-12-2003, 03:52 PM
hey district 30 3a, Im jsut curious who you are because I used to go to Odem then I moved in 1998 to Rockdale. You may be older then me but my brother graduated in 97 so I would know you probably if you played sports.