PDA

View Full Version : Sealy's RB

blackbroth
09-29-2008, 10:15 AM
What is the word on Sealy's stud running back? I was at the game and did not see him, not even on the sidelines.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
He has been kicked off the team.

STAggie
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Talked to a couple players this morning and he is back. He has given a formal apology to the coaching staff and from what the kids said he has to run 5 miles a week for an undetermined amount of weeks. Mitchell gave the decision over his return to the captains. Glad to have him back but I hope he gets his act together.

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 10:38 AM
This is a mistake in my opinion. He will remain a big distraction and that is never good. Teamwork is very important in winning and this can effect the team's cohesiveness. I wonder why the coaches didn't let the players vote on it before taking him back.

IHStangFan
09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
so what exactly happened with the RB that got him kicked off of the team or do we know exactly? At any rate, if he does what he's supposed to from here on out, I'm sure they'll be glad to have him back.

buff4ever
09-29-2008, 10:49 AM
I think anyone who knew anything about this situation knew this was coming. Assuming the report above is true that is. This doesn't surprise me at all.

nunya
09-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm thrilled he's back and been given a second chance. It makes the district race much more intriguing.

STAggie
09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
This is a mistake in my opinion. He will remain a big distraction and that is never good. Teamwork is very important in winning and this can effect the team's cohesiveness. I wonder why the coaches didn't let the players vote on it before taking him back.

The coaches gave the decision to his captains. The captains are voted on by the players to represent them. It is a lot easier to have four guys make a decision than a whole team. And this way you keep feelings from getting hurt or causing more problems. All the guys seem to like Downey and want him to do well, so I don't think this will be to big of a problem especially if he does what he is suppossed to.

Bull19
09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I think anyone who knew anything about this situation knew this was coming. Assuming the report above is true that is. This doesn't surprise me at all. :ditto:

blackbroth
09-30-2008, 03:16 PM
I hope it came down to doing the right thing. Surely it was not a move to win games and save a job? As long as the right message is sent to all the players in the program and every kid from 7th on up sees the decision and can say "that is fair". I want the Tigers to win and play hard but I do not want them to circumvent the rules and overlook bad attitudes and bad choices in order to win.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by blackbroth
Surely it was not a move to win games and save a job? As long as the right message is sent to all the players in the program and every kid from 7th on up sees the decision and can say "that is fair".

Dont fool your self, this was about winning, he is thier stud, and they need him, if it were w 2nd teamer he would have been out after the 1st time. The Message that is sent to the rest of the team and the younger players, is you can get in trouble in sealy and still you can play if you are the stud! I would say he could get in deep water again and it would be OK. This was all about winning! Not DISCIPLINE!

pirate4state
09-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Move on. We've let yall go round & round about this kid and the coaches in Sealy. Find something else to discuss or take it up in private messages.