PDA

View Full Version : Mathis (3-1) @ Ingleside (2-2)

Ingleside Fan
09-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Post you thoughts about this game. Who will win??

R4Editor
09-29-2008, 09:49 AM
This Friday, Mathis will finally face it's first real test of the season in 2-2 Ingleside.

Mathis is averaging 28 points per game, while only giving up 6 points per game, but they have also played a pretty "soft" schedule, opponents combined W-L record is 7-9:

2A Odem (2-2) 36-0 W
2A Skidmore (1-3) 34-0 W
4A Tuloso-Midaway (4-0) 6-14 L
3A Aransas Pass (0-4) 36-12 W

Odem & Skidmore are both down this year. The TM score was not close, Mathis scored with 2:58 left in the game. The Warriors held the Pirates in check the entire game, limiting the Pirates to 120 total yards, 82 on the ground.

Ingleside is averaging 21 points per game and giving up on average 21 points per game. Their big "test" vs. Rio Hondo was cancelled due to Hurricane Ike, but they did schedule some "filler" games against 2A Refugio (0-41 loss) and 4A Rockport (6-32 loss).

Ingleside is lacking depth this year, which could hurt them against a grind it out team like Mathis.

The winner of this game will have a huge lead in the district race.

Prediction: too close to call, but will give the Fillies a slight edge at home.

Your thoughts?

Phil C
09-29-2008, 10:36 AM
It should be a close game. I give the edge to Ingleside since they are at home. I still feel that those big early defeats are really just set ups for the district play. Don't be fooled. Ingleside is a proud and good team.

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Decisions, decisions... :thinking:

I've seen Ingleside play twice. Both losses. Both times the Mathis coaches were there scouting.

Haven't seen Mathis play, but beating Odem, Skidmore & AP doesn't really impress me!

Losing to TM, even though TM seems to be much improved, is surprising. Only 80 yards on the ground off your bread & butter?

I do think Mathis will have success running on the Ingleside D. However, if they put the ball on the ground like they did against TM, Ingleside will make you pay for it. Especially if you give them a short field.

Having said all that, I still think Mathis wins in a close one 28-24.

AP Panther Fan
09-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Since I don't care wasn't an option, I voted for Ingleside. I always go with the underdog and hope for an upset!:cool:

Ingleside Fan
09-29-2008, 11:44 AM
[i]Originally posted by pirate4state
I've seen Ingleside play twice. Both losses. Both times the Mathis coaches were there scouting.

Mathis must really want to beat us. They have scouted our games at least three times.:thinking:

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Mathis must really want to beat us. They have scouted our games at least three times.:thinking: wow what a wasted trip! How long has it been since they've beat yall?

Ingleside Fan
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
wow what a wasted trip! How long has it been since they've beat yall?

03 was the last time.

99IHSMustang
09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
I have seen the Mustangs only play once this year and that was against Miller in which they had a decent offensive showing and a great defensive showing. Last week Inglesides O showed up to play and from what I heard the D did so as well. Last years score was in favor of Inglesde 35-21. I believe that this year Ingleside is going to come out on top by a smaller margin.

piratebg
09-29-2008, 03:38 PM
My gut tells me the Pirates will find a way to pull it out, but I know the Mustangs are gonna put out a fight. This is gonna be a good one.

sotxrat
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Mathis, in a low scoring game 20-7

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Mathis held a decent offense from TM to 14 points even though they kept giving the Warriors the ball as their offense kept fumbling. Pirates have a decent defense but was suprise they didnt use Veliz much in that game.

TM is much better team than Rockport, Odem and ST seem to be off to slow starts so they didnt pose much of a challenge to Mathis in those games.

Ingleside did win big over Falfurrias but who hasnt?

Mathis 34 Ingleside 14

CueroGobblers
09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey SintonFan your right about that. T-M game could have gone either way. Everyone know that when you fumble that ball that many times in a game your chances of winning the game is slim!! It could have been that bye week that affected them but it didn't affect T-M. Ingleside is not as good as they have been the last two years or else they would be 4-0. Apparently that lost to T-M didn't affect them at all as they got on track really quick. Don't get me wrong Ingleside can be a dangerous team if they can get things rolling. If Mathis keeps on playing like they have been they just might win the District Title. Mathis 32- 12

Chillimaru
09-29-2008, 09:47 PM
The only test Mathis has had this year they lost, Ingleside with a win under their belts hopefully can carry that momentum into this game

Ingleside 24
Mathis 20

sinton66
09-29-2008, 09:49 PM
The only real "test" Ingleside had, they got donkey-stomped. Of course, Refugio IS ranked #4 in the state in 2A (and quite likely could do the same to anybody else in this years' 31-3A).

Chillimaru
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The only real "test" Ingleside had, they got donkey-stomped. Of course, Refugio IS ranked #4 in the state in 2A.

I know i just cant bring myself to pick Mathis, would rather run through a cactus flat naked!!!

sinton66
09-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
I know i just cant bring myself to pick Mathis, would rather run through a cactus flat naked!!!
:D Understand perfectly!;)

GetRDoneStangs
09-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I hate to go against a Mustang....but when you are married to a Pirate....you better go with ......well you know what I mean!!!:D :D

Go Mathis!!!!

Ingleside Fan
09-30-2008, 12:53 PM

That would be painful!!!:ack!: :fnypost:

I am going with Mustangs 28, Pirates 21.

Go Mustangs! :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
That sounds about as painful as wimbo_pro swallowing ground up glass! :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
What are the #s like in Ingeside? Yall didn't seem to have alot of players on the sidelines in the Refugio & RF games. Did you get your injured players back?

Ingleside Fan
10-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What are the #s like in Ingeside? Yall didn't seem to have alot of players on the sidelines in the Refugio & RF games. Did you get your injured players back?

Most players will be back to start. But with chronic injuries will still be sensitive. The coach did keep them out of the non district games, giving them time to heal.:D

headhunter
10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Ingleside should be the better prepared team having played two quality teams with good speed. It will still come down to ball control and and turnovers. I see Ingleside pulling this out but should be a good close game.

Ingleside Fan
10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I guess there is no Mathis posters?:(

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I guess there is no Mathis posters?:( nope

CueroGobblers
10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey I'm from Mathis. yes, I'm called CueroGobblers but I can't change my name or else I would. I live in Victoria but I grad from Mathis High in 95. Anyways, Im planning to go to the game tomorrow night because I will be in C.C. for the weekend. Who else is going to be there? Let me know maybe we can sit together pm me. Im still going for Mathis all the way!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
This Friday, Mathis will finally face it's first real test of the season in 2-2 Ingleside.

Mathis is averaging 28 points per game, while only giving up 6 points per game, but they have also played a pretty "soft" schedule, opponents combined W-L record is 7-9:

The winner of this game will have a huge lead in the district race.

Prediction: too close to call, but will give the Fillies a slight edge at home.

Your thoughts? Ingleside opponents combined for W-L record of 9-8 with Refugio being a good test and not faring too well in that contest. Good matchup but the Pirates by 2 touchdowns.

Ingleside Fan
10-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Hey I'm from Mathis. yes, I'm called CueroGobblers but I can't change my name or else I would. I live in Victoria but I grad from Mathis High in 95. Anyways, Im planning to go to the game tomorrow night because I will be in C.C. for the weekend. Who else is going to be there? Let me know maybe we can sit together pm me. Im still going for Mathis all the way!!

I will be there but I will be on the Ingleside side. Of Course. We can meet at halftime?

GO MUSTANGS!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

99IHSMustang
10-03-2008, 08:15 AM
I will be there but I will be on the Ingleside side. Of Course. We can meet at halftime?

GO MUSTANGS!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Same here.

Go Stangs!

Ingleside Fan
10-03-2008, 08:34 AM
MUSTANGS GET YOUR GAME FACES ONE!!!:mad: :evillol: :evil: :evilgrin: :flaming: :taunt:

Are ready for some Football??:1popcorn: :thumbsup:

Chillimaru
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers

If ur from mathis how did you end up with a cuero screen name:thinking:

piratebg
10-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he moved to Cuero from Mathis...:D

Chillimaru
10-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Trying to get something going here, so keep it a secret

Chillimaru
10-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Cant say that i blame him though

44INAROW
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm going with the Mustangs in this one. I don't have much to base this decision on except "talk" but talk is all I heard about Mathis last year and I will be kind and not go any further about that.

Mustangs by 14

(Hope I don't jinx the Mustangs by predicting them to win)

Ingleside Fan
10-03-2008, 10:00 AM

With you on that one!:D

AP Panther Fan
10-03-2008, 12:53 PM

amen to that....:ditto:

Ingleside Fan
10-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
amen to that....:ditto:

Ha Ha Ha!:fnypost:

IHS Fan
10-03-2008, 04:56 PM
so is anybody going to meet at halftime?

Ingleside Fan
10-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
so is anybody going to meet at halftime?

Over by the Score Board. 99 and I are going to. Everybody else if ya'll would like.