PDA

View Full Version : MLB Playoffs....

Bullaholic
09-29-2008, 09:31 AM
With lots of byes in 3A football this week, I'd thought it might be a good time to ask a MLB question.

I am not a MLB fan, but is there anyone alive who can explain the MLB playoffs? It seems that almost every team who was a fav at the beginning of the season is not playing, and several teams no one expected to even be close have a chance at playing. Did several good teams blow their leads?

Daddy D 11
09-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Brewers almost blew theirs, Mets did..AGAIN.
Unless you've been in a cave you know that Tampa won the NL East and Boston won the AL Wildcard. The Angels won the AL West running away and the Dodgers somehow won the NL West even though alot of teams have much better records than them. I think, and im saying "i think" the AL Central is still up for grabs? Oh and the Cubs won the NL Central.

NL: Brewers, Cubs, Dodgers and Phillies
AL: Tampa, Boston, Angels and (White Sox, Twins?)

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2008, 09:38 AM
the White Sox have a make-up game with Detroit today. They currently trail the Twins by .5 game. If the Sox win, they'll be tied for first and have a one-game playoff with the Twins tomorrow to determine which of them makes the postseason.

Bullaholic
09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Wonder who Steinbrenner is going to fire this season? Or, is he making enough on Yankees gear and TV contracts to be happy?

Thanks for the sensible re-cap.

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Brewers almost blew theirs, Mets did..AGAIN.
Unless you've been in a cave you know that Tampa won the NL East and Boston won the AL Wildcard. The Angels won the AL West running away and the Dodgers somehow won the NL West even though alot of teams have much better records than them. I think, and im saying "i think" the AL Central is still up for grabs? Oh and the Cubs won the NL Central.

NL: Brewers, Cubs, Dodgers and Phillies
AL: Tampa, Boston, Angels and (White Sox, Twins?) Teams in the NL West have better records than the Dodgers? :confused:

This is the time when I start to watch baseball! :)

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Teams in the NL West have better records than the Dodgers? :confused:

This is the time when I start to watch baseball! :)

No...the Dodgers have the best record in the NL West, but they only had 84 wins...if they were in the NL Central, for example, they would have finished in 5th place. The Dodgers finished tied with the Marlins for the 7th-best record in the NL.

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
No...the Dodgers have the best record in the NL West, but they only had 84 wins...if they were in the NL Central, for example, they would have finished in 5th place. The Dodgers finished tied with the Marlins for the 7th-best record in the NL.

Good thing they are in the NL West then. ;)

Who will you be rooting for this post season?

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Good thing they are in the NL West then. ;)

Who will you be rooting for this post season?

In the first round, I'm pulling for

Tampa Bay over whichever team wins the AL Central

Boston over the Angels

Milwaukee over Philadelphia

Cubs over the Dodgers

Tampa Bay is who I'd like to see in the World Series for the AL, and I'd take either the Cubs or Brewers in the NL.

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
In the first round, I'm pulling for

Tampa Bay over whichever team wins the AL Central

Boston over the Angels

Milwaukee over Philadelphia

Cubs over the Dodgers

Tampa Bay is who I'd like to see in the World Series for the AL, and I'd take either the Cubs or Brewers in the NL.

Dang, Cubs vs. Dodgers in the first round? :( Guess I'll be happy with whoever wins this one.

Boston
Philly
Tampa Bay

DaHop72
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Tampa
Boston
Milwaukee
Chicago

CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Win one for Harry and the goat.:D