PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Sweet water

Chief Woodman
11-30-2002, 08:54 PM
As I always say- Resutls count, Excuses do not. Result- Sweetwater 24, Decatur 21 Excuses- NONE. As with any game several plays or calls could have went either way. Sweetwater is indeed class. After the game, a Sweetwater fan came up to me and my family and said that you had not played against a better team this year, and doubted you would see anyone better. That was class. And what a game. Reminded me of the superbowl that the RAMS defeated the Titans when the Titans were tackled on the 1 yard line with no time. Our reciever was tackled with his body in the end zone and the ball on the 8 inch line. What an exciteing game. Although disappoined with the outcome, I was thrilled to see so much heart diplayed by both teams. Good luck Mustangs!

wildstangs
11-30-2002, 09:23 PM
What an exciting game. Decatur was much better than I expected. They ran the ball alot better than I thought they could. Man, I thought for sure when we intercepted the ball with 44 seconds, that was game. Congrats to Decatur on a great season.

phoenix
12-01-2002, 07:23 AM
What an exciting game to watch. My hats off to Sweetwater. You came through with the big plays when you needed to. However, with our sophomore quarterback hobbling on a bad ankle we still almost pulled off a win.

I hope we earned a little more respect by the way our team played with heart and determination. frown

smustangs
12-01-2002, 10:23 AM
congratulations goes out to the decatur eagles on a great season and they earned my respect as a good football team lastnight i went into the game thinking they wernt what everyone said and we learned early they were everybit that and more so my hats off to a great season for them and i hope u have another one next year

MustangFan03
12-01-2002, 10:53 PM
I too thought the game was over with 44 sec's remaining but Decatur showed alot of grit......one of the best games I have seen......thanks both teams for a game worth watching

slpybear the bullfan
12-02-2002, 12:09 AM
What a great game! It was great weather for football and both teams showed up ready to go home a winner.

The fans who went got their money's worth. Good job Decatur on a great season. Good job Sweetwater on a great win. Also want to comment that both teams had plenty of fans in the stands. And not just interested bystanders, there was a ton of red and blue in the stands.

My nomination for best play was on Sweetwater's gamewinning drive. Late in the fourth, Sweetwater is driving for the go-ahead score. Somewhere around the 20~25, Carillo runs the option to the right. He fake the handoff, then takes off. He cuts across the line of scrimmage just off tackle, but didn't like what he saw, (two defenders closing in.) So he BACKS OUT of the hole and pitches out to the RB. The running back scampers down to the 5. Sweetwater winds up pushing it in for the score and the win.

The way Carillo ran it and backed out and pitched was absolutely beautiful to watch.