PDA

View Full Version : Washington @ Dallas

Bullaholic
09-28-2008, 01:45 PM
The old traditional rivalry fires back up---not quite like the George Allen/Tom Landry days---but still a lot of fire on both teams. This will be no "gimmee" for the Cowboys, but I think they win by 10 on the strength of the "O".

pirate4state
09-28-2008, 01:46 PM
GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!! :D :D :D

sinton66
09-28-2008, 01:59 PM
YAY Cowboys, BOO skins.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.comments.zingerbugimages.com/glitter_graphics/go_cowboys_finger.gif

PPHSfan
09-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Dallas 31
Washington 13

Not even gonna be close.

forum_guy
09-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Dallas 31
Washington 13

Not even gonna be close.

come on seriously, u knew it was a division game

navscanmaster
09-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
come on seriously, u knew it was a division game

Did somebody pour grease on the turf?

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Did Dallas forget they are allowed to throw more than 1 yard past the first down marker?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Cowboys need to stop trying to force the ball to TO if hes covered its killing their possesions. Springs has him covered they will have to put TO on the slot to give him a chance to get off the line.

4x100jackets
09-28-2008, 04:26 PM
This is some good football TO is covered like a glove !!!!!!!!!!

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Terrence Newman is getting burned.

Did the teams switch playbooks?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Newman slipping and getting burned

navscanmaster
09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Washington's offensive coordinator is playing the Cowboys like a fiddle right now.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Washington's offensive coordinator is playing the Cowboys like a fiddle right now. its more the players on the field as they making the plays

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
its more the players on the field as they making the plays

yes..but Redskin offense is calling the perfect play agianst the Cowboy D. That is coaching

navscanmaster
09-28-2008, 04:38 PM
2 minute offense going. Hope we can get a TD.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yes..but Redskin offense is calling the perfect play agianst the Cowboy D. That is coaching so its both to make it work :)

navscanmaster
09-28-2008, 04:44 PM
17-10 is better than 17-7. They need to stay in the two minute offense to come out in the third.:D

forum_guy
09-28-2008, 04:45 PM
good time for jason campbell to show the world how much he has improved....lets go skins

4x100jackets
09-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Yea and the skins need to bring some heat !!!!!!!! You can pass all day against a 3 man line.

Looking4number8
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Hope Newman puts on some new shoes at halftime. Something that will keep him on his feet and not hold him down from covering the recievers. First half, he got burned... a lot!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Washington played great in the 2nd Qtr and making it a game, but IMO its all Cowboys the 2nd half!!! Get ur :1popcorn: ready, TO show starts in the 2nd half

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Hope Newman puts on some new shoes at halftime. Something that will keep him on his feet and not hold him down from covering the recievers. First half, he got burned... a lot! hes playing like Roy Williams :(

4x100jackets
09-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Washington played great in the 2nd Qtr and making it a game, but IMO its all Cowboys the 2nd half!!! Get ur :1popcorn: ready, TO show starts in the 2nd half

Not if Shawn Springs is still in the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maroon87
09-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Two words: Marion Barber.

Let's Go Cowboys!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Not if Shawn Springs is still in the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has proven he can cover him like a blanket, so look for Garrett to move him around away from him and force the Redskins to cover him with a different defender.

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
He has proven he can cover him like a blanket, so look for Garrett to move him around away from him and force the Redskins to cover him with a different defender.
Why would WSH cover him with a different defender just because he moved around?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why would WSH cover him with a different defender just because he moved around? he cant run with him across the field has to pass it over to different defender :)

Maroon87
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM
TD!!

17-17

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Defense needs to set the tone in 2nd half and force a 3 and out

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 05:08 PM
:) This is turning out to be like the Eagle-Cowboy game, hopefully with same results

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Nice Newman, can't even tackle right

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
yellow hankies defense helps us out on that drive to keep them out of the endzone :)

forum_guy
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
wow can u say lucked out

4x100jackets
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
THIS IS BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
wow can u say lucked out Yes i can

Lucked OUT

we'll take it!!!

4x100jackets
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
WHY can't the Skins bring some heat on ROMO?
I DON't GET IT !!

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes i can

Lucked OUT

we'll take it!!!
I definitely did not read that original post as lucked

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
welcome to an NFC East game..NONE of them will be easy this year

4x100jackets
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Wish Jason Taylor was healthy

forum_guy
09-28-2008, 05:41 PM
yep, u knew he was due for his int.
pound it with portis...lets go

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Cowboys will win... 24-23.

(i hope....)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Redskins have shutout Felix Jones also in the kickoff returns, 'skins playing great but Cowboys can still pull this out!

4x100jackets
09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
LETS GO SKINS... GET 1st DOWN WIN THE GAME !!

Old Tiger
09-28-2008, 06:09 PM
:dispntd: :dispntd:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 06:10 PM
doesnt look good if they make the FG

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Redskins have shutout Felix Jones also in the kickoff returns, 'skins playing great but Cowboys can still pull this out!
Did FJ get the ball at all on offense?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 06:13 PM
dont think so, but hes been great in kickoffs and the Redskins have taken that away.

Emerson1
09-28-2008, 06:21 PM
dont think so, but hes been great in kickoffs and the Redskins have taken that away.
I think they did a terrible job all game of spreading the ball around

Pick6
09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Jason Garrett is showing why he isn't ready to be a HC. He called 10 running plays the entire game. He's Norv Turner all over again.

sinton66
09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
This was on the defense today. They didn't stop much.

ferilhog11
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
If Heard could do his job and catch a perfect onside kick maybe it would be a different outcome.

forum_guy
09-28-2008, 06:27 PM
first blame should go to the defense...troy aikman put it plan and simple....if u think your a championship team and u have a championship defense than they should have stopped the redskins running game on their last drive to get that FG and they didnt

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Redskins just outplayed the Cowboys today, Redskins running game got going and the Cowboys didnt.

navscanmaster
first blame should go to the defense...troy aikman put it plan and simple....if u think your a championship team and u have a championship defense than they should have stopped the redskins running game on their last drive to get that FG and they didnt

They were probably tired from all the three and outs the offense kept having.

Maroon87
This is a good learning experience for the Boys. They'll improve and move on after this.

eagles_victory
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Washington came in and out game planned Dallas and out played them. Any level of football if the other team can line up and run the ball down your throat you are not going to win that game. There is no doubt Washington outplayed Dallas today but Garret did do a pretty crappy job calling plays.

Maroon87
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ferilhog11
If Heard could do his job and catch a perfect onside kick maybe it would be a different outcome.

The game should never come down to catching an onsides kick.

Bullaholic
09-28-2008, 06:32 PM
The Cowboys did not play well enough to win---no other way to say it. They are going to have to learn to stop drives in the 4th Quarter if they are going to be a serious Super Bowl contender.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
they did stop that drive but they were called for 12 men on field :(

sinton66
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Cowboys did not play well enough to win---no other way to say it. They are going to have to learn to stop drives in the 4th Quarter if they are going to be a serious Super Bowl contender.

I agree, maybe the boys took them for granted or something. They definitely had subpar performance on both sides of the ball.

sinton66
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Okay JR, you can chime in now.
:(

3afan
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM
its not like the boys were gonna go undefeated .... every team will have subpar performances throughout the season

yeah it WAS the 'hated' skins, but its only one loss. if they go 3-1 in every 4 game stretch that'll work just fine

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2008, 07:05 PM
I hate to see the cowboys lose, especially to the skins and eagle but honestly I think it is a good thing for the cowboys to lose a some games. Maybe it will bring them down to earth a little bit more. Matter of fact, im hoping we have 2-3 losses during the regular season, reason being I want to see how this team bounces back from adversity and losing and overcomes it instead of cratering late in the season like the past 2 years..... I think in the long run it will do this team some good. We will be fine... though our talented defense sure looked pothetic today, hell the whole team did. Did they pull a varsity blues and all stay out at the titty bar to late last night? lol

zebrablue2
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ferilhog11

oh my lord, like a onside kick was the difference--LOL.... and when did a onside kick become perfect????

Maroon87
09-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I hate to see the cowboys lose, especially to the skins and eagle but honestly I think it is a good thing for the cowboys to lose a some games. Maybe it will bring them down to earth a little bit more. Matter of fact, im hoping we have 2-3 losses during the regular season, reason being I want to see how this team bounces back from adversity and losing and overcomes it instead of cratering late in the season like the past 2 years..... I think in the long run it will do this team some good. We will be fine... though our talented sure looked pothetic today, hell the whole team did. Did they pull a varsity blues and all stay out at the titty bar to late last night? lol

LOL maybe they were getting lap dances from the English teacher...

forum_guy
09-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I hate to see the cowboys lose, especially to the skins and eagle but honestly I think it is a good thing for the cowboys to lose a some games. Maybe it will bring them down to earth a little bit more. Matter of fact, im hoping we have 2-3 losses during the regular season, reason being I want to see how this team bounces back from adversity and losing and overcomes it instead of cratering late in the season like the past 2 years..... I think in the long run it will do this team some good. We will be fine... though our talented sure looked pothetic today, hell the whole team did. Did they pull a varsity blues and all stay out at the titty bar to late last night? lol

are u kidding me? if i was a cowboys fan i would want them to win as many games so they can have home field throughout

zebrablue2
09-28-2008, 07:16 PM
they did stop that drive but they were called for 12 men on field :(

someone should lose their JOB on that deal. uncalled for in the pro-ranks. after a timeout, there are 12 men on the field. no-way. HUGE-HUGE-HUGE mistake. maybe they should put Jerry in charge of counting players-LOL. I hate every time I see him on the sidelines at the end of a game. get back in the booth Jerry, or name yourself to a coaching post- 1-11......

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
it seems like there are 4 teams capable of winning the division and one team will not make the playoffs :eek:

pirate4state
09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Washington came in and out game planned Dallas and out played them. Any level of football if the other team can line up and run the ball down your throat you are not going to win that game. There is no doubt Washington outplayed Dallas today but Garret did do a pretty crappy job calling plays. :iagree:

Poor execution, poor tackling, etc...

Hate losing, but really hate losing to the Redskins.

Now the media is foaming at the mouth to make TO the bad guy over post game comments. :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Now the media is foaming at the mouth to make TO the bad guy over post game comments. :rolleyes: Did he say anything that could possibly be twisted to be negative, no matter how slight? Because if so, you know the media will do whatever they can to create a story.

Phil C
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I wish the Cowboys would have won but they came within a few inches of getting that onside kick. Anyway if anyone before the year had said at this point they would have had only one loss I would have took it. Still a long season yet.

Eagle 1
09-28-2008, 07:50 PM
For what ever reason, Washingtons qb (name?) always gives Dallas defense fits.
The way the Cowboys played, I am actually glad they lost. Lesson learned that if you play like crap, then you lose.
Last year Dallas would play like crap at times and still win and you see where that got them at the end of the season.
Hopefully they will learn from this and play with intensity the whole game next week.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Did he say anything that could possibly be twisted to be negative, no matter how slight? Because if so, you know the media will do whatever they can to create a story.

"''It's no secret, when I get involved, we move the chains. When I don't, we're more stagnant in our offense,'' Owens said."

Not much to twist there. Sure he's been effective, but Romo threw to him 3 straight times and T.O. did nothing. Adam Jones of all people was okay w/ the loss saying they probably needed it and at the end of the year, a loss this early will pay off. That lack of a call on Pac Man getting face masked was absolute BS btw.

JasperDog94
09-28-2008, 09:49 PM
I think the fact that the running game was abandoned was the main problem. You can't become one dimensional.

sinton66
09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
"''It's no secret, when I get involved, we move the chains. When I don't, we're more stagnant in our offense,'' Owens said."

Not much to twist there. Sure he's been effective, but Romo threw to him 3 straight times and T.O. did nothing. Adam Jones of all people was okay w/ the loss saying they probably needed it and at the end of the year, a loss this early will pay off. That lack of a call on Pac Man getting face masked was absolute BS btw.

Normally, T.O.'s right about that. However tonight, the ball hit his hands a couple of times and he didn't hang on to it. One was in the endzone and would have eliminated the need for an onsides attempt had he caught it. Seems to me he needs to shoulder some blame too as well as the rest of the team.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Loved every bit of this haha, Im glad to see the redskins use their potential

Necks_Fan
09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Ole TO dropped him a few balls, even a Td and yet it's everybody else's fault. Nice!

:rolleyes: :clap: :hand:

trojan37
09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Should have put the ball in Barber's hands more, that's all I got to say.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan Ole TO dropped him a few balls, even a Td and yet it's everybody else's fault. Nice!:rolleyes: :clap: :hand: Yea seriously......if you ask me he sucks, and is no where near the best reciever in the NFL...but you didn't ask.:D

g$$
09-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Seems to me he needs to shoulder some blame too as well as the rest of the team.

Agreed.

My feelings on TO are well-documented. I don't like ME first players. Dallas threw to him 17 times (7 catches, 1 TD), pitched it to him once, & gave it to him on a reverse once = 19 potential touches (per ESPN). He also had some drops mixed in too. The goal is to win the game right, not just appease one player? TO has a history of imploding & bringing a team down when things go wrong. Yes, I think in some ways he has grown up. I watched HBO's Hard Knocks & have tried to believe he is finally getting it. He's also a very good actor who plays to the camera & loves attention. I love his passion & competitive spirit. He is a superstar player when focused. But, when you lose, you lose as a team (same with winning).

Why even say those things publicly afer the game? Sure, the media will spin it all week, but he brings it all on himself too. He is pointing fingers again instead of saying WE lost, time to move on to next week. TEAM should always come before ME. His body of work & previous outbursts/verbal attacks on teammates in tough times (SF, Philly, even Dallas) will always precede him, yet he continues to feed the fire. That is just stupid on his part IMO.

Dallas is potentially a great team. They have all the pieces to win the SB. Jerry Jones (owner/coach/GM/CEO/president) drives me crazy too, but that won't change either. Dallas lost because WASH played better & smarter football Sunday. Offensively, they never established the run & became very 1-dimensional again, just like in the playoffs last year in the loss to NYG. The defense also failed to get a stop when they needed it most, plus the huge 12 men on field penalty. Blaming the failed onsides kick is ludicrous. That's a low % play anyway.

Dallas will bounce back & good ol' Wade (whom I like due to his family tree) will be squarely in the cross hairs all year. He will be the fall guy if they don't win it all, which is unfair. But, TO needs to think more about TEAM & less about his #s. Some things never change though.

JT44
09-29-2008, 01:01 AM
why no Felix Jones or Marion Barber? They gave up on the run too quick.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed.

My feelings on TO are well-documented. I don't like ME first players. Dallas threw to him 17 times (7 catches, 1 TD), pitched it to him once, & gave it to him on a reverse once = 19 potential touches (per ESPN). He also had some drops mixed in too. The goal is to win the game right, not just appease one player? TO has a history of imploding & bringing a team down when things go wrong. Yes, I think in some ways he has grown up. I watched HBO's Hard Knocks & have tried to believe he is finally getting it. He's also a very good actor who plays to the camera & loves attention. I love his passion & competitive spirit. He is a superstar player when focused. But, when you lose, you lose as a team (same with winning).

Why even say those things publicly afer the game? Sure, the media will spin it all week, but he brings it all on himself too. He is pointing fingers again instead of saying WE lost, time to move on to next week. TEAM should always come before ME. His body of work & previous outbursts/verbal attacks on teammates in tough times (SF, Philly, even Dallas) will always precede him, yet he continues to feed the fire. That is just stupid on his part IMO.

Dallas is potentially a great team. They have all the pieces to win the SB. Jerry Jones (owner/coach/GM/CEO/president) drives me crazy too, but that won't change either. Dallas lost because WASH played better & smarter football Sunday. Offensively, they never established the run & became very 1-dimensional again, just like in the playoffs last year in the loss to NYG. The defense also failed to get a stop when they needed it most, plus the huge 12 men on field penalty. Blaming the failed onsides kick is ludicrous. That's a low % play anyway.

Dallas will bounce back & good ol' Wade (whom I like due to his family tree) will be squarely in the cross hairs all year. He will be the fall guy if they don't win it all, which is unfair. But, TO needs to think more about TEAM & less about his #s. Some things never change though.

So strange you stay away for so long then BOOM show up at the best times(for you) LOL

How ya doin G glad to see you back on here

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
So strange you stay away for so long then BOOM show up at the best times(for you) LOL

How ya doin G glad to see you back on here

Indeed. Good ol g$$! Nice to see you survived Hurricane Ike! :thumbsup:

pancho villa
09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
My favorite team won this week. Whoever is playing the Cowboys.

Bullaholic
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
My favorite team won this week. Whoever is playing the Cowboys.

Sinner! I hope you have to watch "stand around" for entertainment. :D

wedo
09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
This was on the defense today. They didn't stop much.

true....but its hard to stop someone when your on the field almost twice as much as the offense.

Macarthur
09-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed.

Dallas lost because WASH played better & smarter football Sunday. Offensively, they never established the run & became very 1-dimensional again, just like in the playoffs last year in the loss to NYG. The defense also failed to get a stop when they needed it most, plus the huge 12 men on field penalty. Blaming the failed onsides kick is ludicrous. That's a low % play anyway.

This was really what it boiled down to.

I disgree with most on here about TO. If everyone remembers, Michael Irvin bitched about not getting the ball too. All the great one's think they're open all the time.

Two things that bug me the most about this game.

1. The defense was awful. I know you're not going to win em all, but they have way too many high draft picks and free agent dollars on that defense to give up those kinds of drives over and over again.

2. I love Jason Garrett, but this was his worst game as the Cowboy OC. No excuse for Barber getting 8 touches and Felix 0.

Bullaholic
09-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur

I disgree with most on here about TO. If everyone remembers, Michael Irvin bitched about not getting the ball too. All the great one's think they're open all the time.

1. The defense was awful. I know you're not going to win em all, but they have way too many high draft picks and free agent dollars on that defense to give up those kinds of drives over and over again.

2. I love Jason Garrett, but this was his worst game as the Cowboy OC. No excuse for Barber getting 8 touches and Felix 0.

I agree, Mac, and would add that Romo was getting hurried and made more bad throws than usual, although I think he just flat missed some open receivers on a couple.

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Good post! ITA!

fourbeee
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I have been a Dallas Cowboy fan since the beginning of the franchise. I loved Tom Landry and the old boys as well as the new ones. Being a true cowboy fan means to me, being a fan of the "Star" no matter who's wearing it, who's coaching it, or who owns it. I was pissed off at Jones for the way he did coach Landry when he bought the team, but Jones isn't the Cowboys, he is just the owner. Real fans are always a fan no matter what, whether they go to the Bowl or lose every game. What I don't understand is "Haters". They hate, teams, political candidates, and some, their mothers. Most folks love their own team/s and love to rag on their opponents, but only a few; thank goodness, hate everythng. :confused:

forum_guy
09-29-2008, 01:46 PM
there is nothing wrong with hating the cowboys and living in texas...i get tired of hearing that crap...to be honest i hate the spurs too

fourbeee
09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I never said you have to like a team from Texas, just because you live in Texas. I have friends who back teams from other states, college and pro. What I said was there are people out there who are haters. They hate just because they hate. No good reason. They just hate. Do you fall in to that category? I didn't say you did.

forum_guy
09-29-2008, 02:00 PM
well just like u guys hate the redskins and other division rivals i hate the cowboys because i grew up a 49ers fan....same with hating the spurs, im a lakers fan

kaorder1999
09-29-2008, 02:06 PM
my feelings...I dont have a problem with someone hating the Cowboys as long as they are a fan of another team. What I cant stand is people who will tell you straight up that they hate the Cowboys and when I asked them what team they like...they say none...they just hate the Cowboys. I hate that!!

fourbeee
09-29-2008, 02:12 PM
You hate the cowboys because you are a niner fan, that's different than people hating something or someone for no plausible reason, if that makes sense. All fans "hate" or despise the nemisis for their team. Those are the people I am talking about on this post. Don't you know people who just "hate" because. My brother dislikes the cowboys for all kinds of reasons, and now calls the Panthers his team. Nothing wrong there. I hope you can see my point and I don't "hate" the "deadskins", I just can't stand them, especially when the beat the boys.

venomous tat2
09-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I thought the cowboys were too conservative with their play calling Barber should have gotten 20 or more touches and felix jones should have gotten at least 10 touches , they are to me a 1-2- punch, power & speed and they did not establish a running game that could've open up the passing game , but what do we know we're just fans . I think on the 2nd round we will see them attack the redskins D more . T. O. reminds me of leon from the budwiser commercials LOL .

JR2004
09-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Dallas 31
Washington 13

Not even gonna be close.

You're right! Your prediction wasn't even close!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

piratebg
09-29-2008, 03:28 PM
The Cowboys played without any fire and looked very bland on both sides of the ball yesterday. The Redskins, on the otherhand, played with a lot of heart and dominated both sides of the ball. I knew Dallas would not go undefeated but I had actually picked Green Bay to be their first loss. Hopefully they will learn from this and bounce back. It's still early in the season.

Macarthur
09-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The Redskins, on the otherhand, played with a lot of heart and dominated both sides of the ball.

Hold on just a minute. Washington played very well and deserved to win that game.

However, I wouldn't exactly use the word "dominate". The stats were very close and it was a 2 point game. Plus, Dallas was an onside kick away from being about 30 yards away from a game-winning FG. I wouldn't exactly classify that as dominate.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Hold on just a minute. Washington played very well and deserved to win that game.

However, I wouldn't exactly use the word "dominate". The stats were very close and it was a 2 point game. Plus, Dallas was an onside kick away from being about 30 yards away from a game-winning FG. I wouldn't exactly classify that as dominate.

Sorry but I think they dominated...They held the ball for 7 mins in the 4thQ...they ran on us at will on that drive..like it or not, that is domination...Not the end of the season or anything, just have to face facts, on this day Washington imposed their will on offense and defens agianst Dallas

Macarthur
09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
They outplayed Dallas and deserved the win, but they did not dominate.

Wash outgained Dallas by 37 yards. It's true that Wash ran the ball well and won the TOP, but how many times did Parcell's teams win TOP and lose?

Again, Wash executed their game plan very well and deserved the win, but they were a hair away from getting on onside kick. And was there any doubt that if Dallas gets that kick, they gain 30 yards and kick a FG to win?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
You're right! Your prediction wasn't even close!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D enjoy it, it wont happen again:thumbsup:

forum_guy
09-29-2008, 05:39 PM
They outplayed Dallas and deserved the win, but they did not dominate.

Wash outgained Dallas by 37 yards. It's true that Wash ran the ball well and won the TOP, but how many times did Parcell's teams win TOP and lose?

Again, Wash executed their game plan very well and deserved the win, but they were a hair away from getting on onside kick. And was there any doubt that if Dallas gets that kick, they gain 30 yards and kick a FG to win?

IF dallas gets that kick, IF dallas gets that kick

IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

JR2004
09-29-2008, 05:54 PM
IF dallas gets that kick, IF dallas gets that kick

IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Oh boy

JR2004
09-29-2008, 05:54 PM
:D enjoy it, it wont happen again:thumbsup:

Five of the last Seven! Let's make it 6 of 8!

Necks_Fan
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle Wow.... Lol.

:eek:

sinton66
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Five of the last Seven! Let's make it 6 of 8!

Come on now, you know Washington just got lucky.:D

JR2004
09-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Come on now, you know Washington just got lucky.:D

We just have a bunch of hard-working overachievers out there. Not much talent to speak of. Just a bunch of average joes in the Burgundy and Gold who do the best they can each week. We as Redskin fans just hope they play with a lot of heart and determination and maybe we'll get 4 or 5 wins this year.

You know we sound an awful lot like some of the high school teams I read about on this board. :)

sinton66
09-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Well they did get lucky. Lucky Romo had an "off" day., and luckty T.O. is forgetful. T.O. greased himself down to reduce wind drag in the belief it would make him faster, but he forgot to wash it off his hands.:evilgrin:

IHStangFan
09-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Well they did get lucky. Lucky Romo had an "off" day., and luckty T.O. is forgetful. T.O. greased himself down to reduce wind drag in the belief it would make him faster, but he forgot to wash it off his hands.:evilgrin: LOL @ T.O. Lube.

JR2004
09-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Well they did get lucky. Lucky Romo had an "off" day., and luckty T.O. is forgetful. T.O. greased himself down to reduce wind drag in the belief it would make him faster, but he forgot to wash it off his hands.:evilgrin:

Oh it was completely luck. Our jimmys and joes just played above and beyond what you'd expect from guys with so little talent. We're just the little engine that keeps on trying.

Sometimes the guy that brings an arrow to a gun fight wins.

sinton66
09-29-2008, 09:21 PM
That's true, arrows are very useful in ambushes.:D

JR2004
09-29-2008, 09:24 PM
That's true, arrows are very useful in ambushes.:D

Yes, yes they are. I heard we were going to shoot a few arrows at the star after the game, but we heard Tank likes to carry some automatic weapons so we decided it best to just get out of the stadium as quick as possible!

sinton66
09-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Tank's probably not the ONLY one LOL.

IHStangFan
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes, yes they are. I heard we were going to shoot a few arrows at the star after the game, but we heard Tank likes to carry some automatic weapons so we decided it best to just get out of the stadium as quick as possible! LOL....Tank and his guns. A good friend of mine was one of the detectives that raided his house.

JR2004
09-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Tank's probably not the ONLY one LOL.

Are you insinuating that Adam Jones might also be packin? Come on now! He's an upstanding young man that would never, ever dream of hurting anyone and he most definitely doesn't make it rain in a club and then beat up the women for taking the money! He'd never do this! He'd also never, ever order someone to go in and shoot up a club either and leave someone paralyzed! That's just not who Adam Jones is!

sinton66
09-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, no, I wasn't thinking of Jones. Heck Even Parcells packed heat.:D

JR2004
09-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Well, no, I wasn't thinking of Jones. Heck Even Parcells packed heat.:D

There's another possible Cowboy packin heat? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sinton66
09-29-2008, 09:42 PM
They're COWBOYS, right??:D

g$$
09-29-2008, 11:35 PM

True, but Irvin did not periodically throw teammates & coaches under the bus. He let it be known that he wanted the ball, yes. Jerry Rice even called him out on that in a Pro Bowl of all places!

Romo took the high road in the press conference. I haven't heard Barber complain publicly (or the rookie Jones). Or any others. Wade took the fall as all coaches will to deflect the blame.

But good ol' TO was at his best (or is it worst?) when he got frustrated again. He was crying for his qb after the playoff loss, but now he publicly goes after him & the coaches for not getting him the ball enough.

Dallas ran around 60 plays. They tried to get him the ball on around 20 of them. That's 1/3 by my math.

FYI: been away yes, but for good reason. Changed jobs, relocated, 2 hurricanes, 1 tropical storm, family stuff, etc. All is ok & good to visit with most of y'all again.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by g$$
True, but Irvin did not periodically throw teammates & coaches under the bus. He let it be known that he wanted the ball, yes. Jerry Rice even called him out on that in a Pro Bowl of all places!

Romo took the high road in the press conference. I haven't heard Barber complain publicly (or the rookie Jones). Or any others. Wade took the fall as all coaches will to deflect the blame.

But good ol' TO was at his best (or is it worst?) when he got frustrated again. He was crying for his qb after the playoff loss, but now he publicly goes after him & the coaches for not getting him the ball enough.

Dallas ran around 60 plays. They tried to get him the ball on around 20 of them. That's 1/3 by my math.

FYI: been away yes, but for good reason. Changed jobs, relocated, 2 hurricanes, 1 tropical storm, family stuff, etc. All is ok & good to visit with most of y'all again.

Sources say TO talked with Romo after the game...big difference at least for now than past events...he did it in private

He complained about the routes being run and the throws to him..not amount of throws, but the actual throw itself

he has a point though it is misguided to talk to media about it, Romo was off target to TO the last couple of weeks but crap happens and he has to deal with it

pirate4state
09-30-2008, 09:04 AM
I can't remember who it was that was reporting that TO should just shut up and "play the game" and he wasn't talking about the one on the field. He was talking about the media game. Where you play nice & say all the right things and make everyone smile & feel good about themselves.

:rolleyes:

GMAB - I like that he doesn't sugar coat things and if people can't handle it, so be it! :bigcry:

Big Papa
09-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by g$$

i dont think ive ever actually heard barber speak publicly haha

g$$
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Sources say TO talked with Romo after the game...big difference at least for now than past events...he did it in private

He complained about the routes being run and the throws to him..not amount of throws, but the actual throw itself

he has a point though it is misguided to talk to media about it, Romo was off target to TO the last couple of weeks but crap happens and he has to deal with it

That press conference, broadcast for all to hear, was not private.

How about the routes where TO flat quit on the play? I watched a recap of them Sunday night & it was blatantly obvious. He is frustrated, yes, but that is no reason to ever quit on your team. Everybody has a job to do. Jerry Jones better step up & get control of this or it could snowball just like it has in the past at SF & Philly. The man has a history that precedes him.

He is a loose cannon, always has been & he's not gonna change.

P4S = often times discretion is the better part of valor. You will never - repeat NEVER- win a battle vs. the media. They have all the ink, space, & time. TO has never learned this. Sure, they bait him & he falls for it almost everytime. His team & teammates (& fans) suffer in the end usually.

TXB: what is your honest assessment of this situation & have your feelings changed about TO? Tired of the drama?

Old Tiger
09-30-2008, 11:53 PM
:rolleyes: :dispntd: :1popcorn:

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by g$$
TXB: what is your honest assessment of this situation & have your feelings changed about TO? Tired of the drama?

My feelings for TO?..go back to what I have always said..He has yet to cause a REAL problem in the lockeroom in Dallas..that is where u and I battled..I NEVER said I liked him off the field just said he helps ON the field and his so called blow ups had yet to happen and the media always took small things and tried to add gas and make them explode

The issue FOR NOW is not a big deal...Have to see what happens over the next few weeks and see how much of an issue it becomes.

I do know since TO became a cowboy they are 25-11 and 16-4 in last 20 games.

supposedly him and Romo get along, we will see now how that holds up..I do think one thing favors Romo..TO respects him...I dont think he ever respected Garcia or McNabb

You ask if i tire of the drama..no because imo alot of the "drama" with TO in Dallas has been alot of trumped up things taken to the extreme

That is dallas though..only could the Cowboys lose 1 of 4 games and people start trying to figure out what is "wrong" with them

g$$
10-01-2008, 02:40 AM
My feelings for TO?..go back to what I have always said..He has yet to cause a REAL problem in the lockeroom in Dallas..that is where u and I battled..I NEVER said I liked him off the field just said he helps ON the field and his so called blow ups had yet to happen and the media always took small things and tried to add gas and make them explode

The issue FOR NOW is not a big deal...Have to see what happens over the next few weeks and see how much of an issue it becomes.

I do know since TO became a cowboy they are 25-11 and 16-4 in last 20 games.

supposedly him and Romo get along, we will see now how that holds up..I do think one thing favors Romo..TO respects him...I dont think he ever respected Garcia or McNabb

You ask if i tire of the drama..no because imo alot of the "drama" with TO in Dallas has been alot of trumped up things taken to the extreme

That is dallas though..only could the Cowboys lose 1 of 4 games and people start trying to figure out what is "wrong" with them

Just Win Baby, huh? Al Davis (back in the heyday of the Raiders) = Jerry Jones? Both are maverick owners who will do anything to win at ALL costs.

I think this has the potential to become much bigger than you are letting on. The upcoming schedule is soft, but the meat of the schedule remains.

Record looks good - but - ZERO playoff wins too with TO (or anyone else for past 11 years I believe). Granted he is only one piece of the puzzle, but don't tell him that! The bigger problems in that game were lack of balance offensively, defense did not get stops when needed, & refusal by a teammate/coach to stand up to Owens & tell him to shut up & play.

He blasted Steve Young too at one point in SF too. Just a HOF qb...the problem is NEVER Owens in his mind. Gone after many coaches too in his tirades. Maybe he respects no one.

Blaming the media, as some out there do, is a cop-out. TO brings it all on himself, then & now. Why does he continue to air his dirty laundry for all to see & hear? Attention seeker? Ignorance? Keep it in-house or you are risking big-time internal problems. Some will say "but he's a competitor" - that implies no one else on field is as well. Did Marion Barber not want the ball more too?

Bit disappointed that you put such little value on character. I know it's pro sports, blah-blah, but it tarnishes the product to me. You can have both. But that's just me I guess & to each his own.

As I have said many times before, the time bomb is ticking. TO knows no other way. All about HIM not TEAM. His body of work says so, not me.

Thanks for the assessment, fair enough.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Bit disappointed that you put such little value on character. I know it's pro sports, blah-blah, but it tarnishes the product to me. You can have both. But that's just me I guess & to each his own.

As I have said many times before, the time bomb is ticking. TO knows no other way. All about HIM not TEAM. His body of work says so, not me.

Thanks for the assessment, fair enough.

Sorry but your BS comments like I put such little value on character have become tiresome. You dont know me or my values or my character.

You always throw the whole character issue..and I stand by what I have always said..TO's time in Dallas needs to be judged by WHAT HE DOES IN DALLAS. IF he becomes a problem then he is a problem....UNTIL then I dont see the point of trying to hold what he did in other places agianst him. Him having a talk with Romo( which he denies and TO has NEVER denied when he talked to QBs about getting the ball before) is not a big deal NOW as I have already said. Have to see if it goes any further than this point but RIGHT NOW TO talking to his QB is a HUGE non issue if it is even true.

You act like your a high road taker, yet your low road comments speak otherwise. For three years now you have said TO is a ticking bomb, each time ANYTHING is printed about him you jump in and go to town. Yet for three years he has yet to explode. But IF he truly ever does, you will be the first one on here saying SEE I TOLD YA I AM RIGHT.....Problem is

You said he would explode under Parcells year one..then in year two you said he ALWAYS does it in year two of and he would explode because Romo could not handle the pressure of being his QB and so on and so on

If I am a weatherman and I say it will rain EVERYDAY no matter what, just because I get lucky and it rains one day I cant proclaim to the world SEE I TOLD U IT WOULD RAIN

Now onto the rest of the season

You say the "meat" of the schedule is left...I really dont know if that is true..I felt the first 4 games were the toughest block of games in a row...here is next blocks of games left

Sun 10/5 Cincinnati 4:15 pm
Sun 10/12 at Arizona 4:15 pm
Sun 10/19 at St. Louis 1:00 pm
Sun 10/26 Tampa Bay

Nothing to tough in that 4 easily could go 4-0, Tampa Bay might give them a game

Sun 11/2 at NY Giants 4:15 pm
bye
Sun 11/16 at Washington 8:15 pm
Sun 11/23 San Francisco 1:00 pm
Thu 11/27 Seattle

First two tough, but bye splits it nicely..the next 2 are not gimmies, but should be winnable..at worst IMO 2-2..but 3-1 is attainable..4-0 and things are set for season

Sun 12/7 at Pittsburgh 4:15 pm
Sun 12/14 NY Giants 8:15 pm
Sat 12/20 Baltimore 8:15 pm
Sun 12/28 at Philadelphia

3-1,2-2 at worse
This section MIGHT be as tough as first block, but I still dont trust Baltimore's Offense or Pitts O-Line...Philly game to end season could be a nightmare, or it could be a play the back ups..just have to see because I still dont trust Philly, they lose to many head scratchers during the season

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by g$$
He is frustrated, yes, but that is no reason to ever quit on your team. Everybody has a job to do.

Did he quit 2 weeks ago after Romo threw that pick? No, he didn't and all week long the media went on & on about how that's the TO that can be dangerous, blah, blah, blah.

The week leading up to the Philly game it was "Why can't TO just shut up about McNabb?"

The most laughable thing about it all the TO talk comes from Keyshawn "just throw me the damn ball" Johnson talking out of his rear about TO! Dude, just shut up...you have no room to throw stones!

P4S = often times discretion is the better part of valor. You will never - repeat NEVER- win a battle vs. the media. They have all the ink, space, & time. TO has never learned this. Sure, they bait him & he falls for it almost everytime. His team & teammates (& fans) suffer in the end usually.

Never said he'd win the battle. All I'm saying is he has the right to say whatever he wants and the media LOVES him for making their job that much easier.

TO does love the attention, I've never denied that, but why don't you admit that you love the attention too, otherwise you wouldn't come back here NOW when in YOUR opinion he is about to explode....again.

I understand you've been through 2 hurricanes and whatever else you said, but I find it amusing that your first post after being gone since May is about TO. :thinking:

Since you want to talk about character, what does that say about yours? Constantly hoping for the "self destruction" of another human being?

Macarthur
10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
I actually think much of this high-minded self-righteousness about TO has become comical.

TO is a knucklehead but the coverage of this has become rediculous.

Aikman wasn't happy with how his offense was run sometimes. Nobody complained about that. So TO and Romo talked about the offense...STOP the presses!

Hell, I want my QB and WR talking about the offense. I think TO has earned the right to talk about this with Romo and Garrett. The dude has skins on the wall. You don't think Marvin Harrison has discussions with Manning on what is going on with the offense?

I think it was very well stated on www.bloggintheboys.com

Of course, I'm not absolving Owens from his comments. Poor choice of words, IMO. Poor timing as well. Like Grizz said "STHU." Now and forever. Thank your lucky stars that Jerry Jones saved your career and gave you a chance to rehabilitate your image. Thank your lucky stars that you happened to meet a young, amicable, easy-going QB by the name of Tony Romo, who actually didn't brush you off but embraced you.

But, you know what, this comes with the package. I knew it. We all knew it. Owens is an emotional, brutally-honest, yet sensitive soul. He's going to say inappropriate things. Always. It's actually a miracle he's stopped putting his foot in his mouth as much as he used to. It's like having Allen Iverson on your team. Do you want the 30 points a game or not? Do you want the double-digit touchdowns a season or not? I do. I'll take it. It's annoying at times but guess what. Mild-mannered, respectful, humble receivers are a dime a dozen. I don't want them. I want the game-changer. Owens is that. But he comes with preconditions. Well-known preconditions.

But if the fans know that, doesn't the media? Of course they do. That's not the point. The point is it's a safe play. A story that's already been written. "T.O. causes trouble again." I could write that story blindfolded. "Owens says blah blah to blankety blank according to unidentified team sources." How much talent does it take to write that? And guess what. It feeds the beast and keeps the story going. Next thing you know major pundits from each sports network are weighing in. Then syndicated columnists from major dailies. Next comes sports columnists from smaller dailies each searching for slightly adjusted takes on the same story. T.O. back to his old tricks again. T.O. trying to sink team chemistry. Cowboys take chance on T.O. and it may be backfiring. It's like a similar guitar riff handed down from college jam band to college jam band until everyone is playing it.

I'm not asking for people to ignore Owens. I know he's a big story. I know he drives coverage. I'm not even asking people to ignore Owens when he makes dumb comments. That's fine. But it doesn't deserve a column by JJT or to be the focal point of a discussion after a major loss at home. It doesn't deserve to be hyped as one of the lead-in stories on ESPN. This is a story that has been written over and over and over again. There's nothing new here. He always complains when he doesn't get the ball. Always. Particularly when we don't win. Shoot he complains when he does get the ball. I know this. So I know you do.

Secondly, spare me the fake outrage. Who are you outraged for? Our team? Most of the media I've seen hates our team and this was long before T.O. became a part of it. Do you feel for Tony Romo? The same Romo you questioned as an unknown before last year and now call a choke-artist? I don't buy it. What about Wade Phillips? The same coach you call a lame duck and state brazenly has one year left to go before he's jettisoned? That's the biggest crock of $#-! I've heard in a while. Who's left? The fans? Let's be real. You could give a darn about the fans and particularly Cowboys fans. So exactly who are you outraged for? Please elaborate. I'd like names.

I guess I'm just tired of the worn-out narrative. Believe me, I'm always tired of Owens falling into this trap by giving them material to run with. Dude. Learn your lesson. You got the money, the fame and the top spot in our offense. Shut yer yap. But at the same time, I'm more frustrated in this half-a$$ed, faux-outrage that I have to deal with every week after a Cowboy loss. I shouldn't have to deal with it. I'm a pretty darn good consumer of sports news. I watch ESPN, Fox Sports and the overpriced NFL Network like my life depends on it. I rack up hits on ESPN.com, NFL.com, CNNsi.com, FOXSports.com and Profootballtalk.com everyday just to name a few sports websites. I scour newspapers for the latest sports news. I deserve more than this recycled story that will probably be played out week-to-week for the entire year and the rest of Owens' career. I deserve some actual work and actual analysis. And I'm usually not the guy to start spewing about what fans deserve because most times I feel like the only thing we deserve is an entertaining show and a team that attempts to win. But this is one thing I feel strongly about. I deserve more than this tired re-run. Repackage it and sell it to me another way. Cause this charade is stale.

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
TO is still a kid trapped in a man's body. Bottom line-- TO knows the spotlight shines bigtime in the NFL, and he will do whatever he has to do to make it shine on him with good or bad behavior---he cannot and will not survive without constant attention, and like a small child he will "break" something, including teams, if necessary to get that attention.

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 10:09 AM
TO is still a kid trapped in a man's body. Bottom line-- TO knows the spotlight shines bigtime in the NFL, and he will do whatever he has to do to make it shine on him with good or bad behavior---he cannot and will not survive without constant attention, and like a small child he will "break" something, including teams, if necessary to get that attention.

Guess he really is Superman if a TEAM allows ONE player to "break" them!

JR2004
10-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Sorry but your BS comments like I put such little value on character have become tiresome. You dont know me or my values or my character.

You always throw the whole character issue..and I stand by what I have always said..TO's time in Dallas needs to be judged by WHAT HE DOES IN DALLAS. IF he becomes a problem then he is a problem....UNTIL then I dont see the point of trying to hold what he did in other places agianst him. Him having a talk with Romo( which he denies and TO has NEVER denied when he talked to QBs about getting the ball before) is not a big deal NOW as I have already said. Have to see if it goes any further than this point but RIGHT NOW TO talking to his QB is a HUGE non issue if it is even true.

You act like your a high road taker, yet your low road comments speak otherwise. For three years now you have said TO is a ticking bomb, each time ANYTHING is printed about him you jump in and go to town. Yet for three years he has yet to explode. But IF he truly ever does, you will be the first one on here saying SEE I TOLD YA I AM RIGHT.....Problem is

You said he would explode under Parcells year one..then in year two you said he ALWAYS does it in year two of and he would explode because Romo could not handle the pressure of being his QB and so on and so on

If I am a weatherman and I say it will rain EVERYDAY no matter what, just because I get lucky and it rains one day I cant proclaim to the world S
SEE I TOLD U IT WOULD RAIN

I thought you were better than this Terry! I thought you were better!

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Guess he really is Superman if a TEAM allows ONE player to "break" them!

History doesn't lie, P4S. SF and Philly were realities. He didn't leave those teams because somebody else needed a Superman.

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 10:19 AM
History doesn't lie, P4S. SF and Philly were realities. He didn't leave those teams because somebody else needed a Superman. Couldn't have happened to better TEAMS! I hate them! :devil:

IF it happens in Dallas then Jerry Jones isn't the devil everyone makes him out to be! :eek:

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Couldn't have happened to better TEAMS! I hate them! :devil:

IF it happens in Dallas then Jerry Jones isn't the devil everyone makes him out to be! :eek:

LOL. You are opening up all the "worm" cans on this thread, P4S.

No, I don't think TO will bring the Cowboys down because:

1. TO is likes his environment in Dallas on all fronts--owner, coach, players, new mega-stadium to play in, and compensation.

2. Jerry Jones and the Cowboy management understood the "TO" package from the start, and like a zoo importing an exotic new animal, they have designed an enclosure suitable to the task complete with "handlers" like Irvin and Sanders. ( I realize that TO is a human being and not an animal and I used the animal analogy only to illustrate a point.)

3. TO doesn't have that long to go in his playing career and I think he wants to finish in Dallas, preferably with a Super Bowl ring on his finger in the next 3 seasons or so.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2008, 10:47 AM
History doesn't lie, P4S. SF and Philly were realities. He didn't leave those teams because somebody else needed a Superman.

He did not "break" SF..they were already in decline..he might have helped with a push, but his actions alone did not cause their drop

In Philly the reason why his antics caused so many problems? Because half the lockeroom AGREED with him about his comments on McNabb..Not saying what Owens did in Philly was good, just that he said what some of his teamates thought

Macarthur
10-01-2008, 12:32 PM

In Philly the reason why his antics caused so many problems? Because half the lockeroom AGREED with him about his comments on McNabb..Not saying what Owens did in Philly was good, just that he said what some of his teamates thought

This is a point that is conveniently forgotten when the Philly situation is written about.

McNabb is as much a baby as TO, and I have read from mulitple sources that it was more than half the locker room that sided with TO.

Bullaholic
10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
The following is a link to the Wikipedia entry on Terrell Owens---how much is fact and how much is fiction could be subject to debate, but it does lay out the chronology of TO's career to date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrell_Owens

forum_guy
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
txbroadcaster how can u say they have already played the meat of their schedule....they havent even played a division game on the road yet...i would be more worried about the end of the schedule...im not saying they will lose all of these but they could be in trouble with 5 of the 7 games left after their bye...i could see the ravens defense dominating and by then there is no tellin how good of a qb flacco will be

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2008, 02:35 PM
txbroadcaster how can u say they have already played the meat of their schedule....they havent even played a division game on the road yet...i would be more worried about the end of the schedule...im not saying they will lose all of these but they could be in trouble with 5 of the 7 games left after their bye...i could see the ravens defense dominating and by then there is no tellin how good of a qb flacco will be

I mean in a row...After the first 4 the toughest two game stretch is Giants and Washington back to back on road..but that is split up by the bye

Who has Baltimore beat? Cincy and Cleveland..who have one win between them and that win was one team beating the other..Lets not annoint their D amazing till they play an O that can move the ball on them..and sorry but I dont think Flacco is going to mature that much in one season

of the last 7 games

at Washington 8:15 pm
Sun 11/23 San Francisco 1:00 pm
Thu 11/27 Seattle 4:15 pm
Sun 12/7 at Pittsburgh 4:15 pm
Sun 12/14 NY Giants 8:15 pm
Sat 12/20 Baltimore 8:15 pm
Sun 12/28 at Philadelphia 1:00 pm

Just because Washington won in Dallas dows not mean now Dallas has no chance to win in Washington..the teams historically beat each other on the road

SF right now is still a below average team

Seattle is always tough, but their WR corp is devastaed

Pitt is a tough one, but their OL is so bad

Giants are the Giants, but still in regular season Dallas has beat them 3 straight times and 4 out of 5

Baltimore is ok but I think overhyped

Philly is tough but we dont even know if the game will have any play-off implications yet

JR2004
10-01-2008, 02:43 PM
He did not "break" SF..they were already in decline..he might have helped with a push, but his actions alone did not cause their drop

The Evil Terrell Owens has you fooled. :mad:

Send TO to Saskatchewan for a for a year and let's see how much that miscreant runs his mouth after spending a year up there!