PDA

View Full Version : District 24-3A --- Early Playoff Poll

nunya
09-28-2008, 10:02 AM
In what order do you predict 24-3A to play out?

(Posting a poll with the talent in this league would use a gig of memory)

My early projection:
1. Navasota (home advantage vs. Caldwell)
2. Caldwell (can win title if defense plays 4 quarters)
3. Cameron (playoffs without the Yoemen? Yea, right.)

Darkhorse: Taylor
Rockdale is still a sound team and I see its battle with Taylor being a nailbiter
Madisonville still contends if Whaley return from injury suffered against Caldwell

navscanmaster
09-28-2008, 10:17 AM
1. Navasota

They are not really showing any big signs of weakness right now, such as the defense last year. Offensive weapons are a tough match for any team at this point.

2. Caldwell

That Slot-T is now going full force, and with a stable of running backs, and home games against Rockdale and Cameron, Caldwell will have a big advantage to go 5-1 easily in district. If they can outscore Navasota, they win district.

3. Cameron

Having already made a statement with 101 points in their last two games and a big rivalry win, Cameron is in position to make the third spot. Their big games against Navasota and Madisonville are at home, so if they can take a win from at least one of those games, they will make the playoffs. A win against Caldwell on the road is a long stretch.

4. Rockdale

Rockdale will host Madisonville, Navasota, and Taylor. They will likely match Cameron with a 4-2 district record, but the Yoe will have the tie-breaker advantage.

5. Madisonville

Defense, and injuries to key players have destroyed a promising season. Whaley will rack up the yards still, but don't look for them to win any games against the top 4.

6. Taylor

Taylor is improved over last year, but with road games against Madisonville, Navasota, and Rockdale, district is too much for the Ducks. Taylor has a chance, though, to play spoiler with a home game against Cameron next week. A win would upset the third playoff spot.

7. Bryan Rudder

They'll be 4A when they are seniors. Hopefully a tough 3A birth will get them ready for 4A ball.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2008, 10:20 AM
1. Navasota
2. Caldwell
3. Cameron/Rockdale

nunya
09-28-2008, 10:24 AM
You folks better look out for the Mighty Ducks. They lost to Elgin 17-14, and look what Elgin just did to Giddings.

nunya
09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
The surprising thing about Caldwell this season is its passing game. Always a running team, the Hornets scored on a beautiful flea flicker vs. Madisonville for one of two scoring tosses.

If Caldwell's defense brings its "A" game to Navasota, there could be some statewide headlines. Won't be a gimme, for sure.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Can't wait until October 10th- Caldwell @ Navasota. Navasota has always had problems stopping Caldwell on offense; however, the Rattlers' defense is much improved this year and the offense is looking unstoppable. Caldwell should be their first real test. I haven't seen Caldwell play this year but I know that they can put up some points.

nunya
09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Can't wait until October 10th- Caldwell @ Navasota.

Gotta hand it to you, dude. That snake looks vicious! LOL

If they haven't, the athletic department needs to hire a professional to paint that same Rattler on your pressbox and/or your field house.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by nunya
Gotta hand it to you, dude. That snake looks vicious! LOL

Yeah, it is huh. Hey, Im sure you will be at the Caldwell/Navasota game. It may be for the district title.:D

nunya
09-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Yea, but I really do feel that every team will have at least a loss in district. I think we'll end up with a couple 5-1 teams and a two or three 4-2 teams. If academic casualties haven't occurred yet, anything could transpire. Staying healthy is the key. Just as the Mustangs. Kinda feel bad for them.

I strongly suspect someone sporting a 4-2 league record will be blowing up basketballs, so its important for teams to remember not to just win, but win convincingly due to UIL's beloved, mind-boggling tie-breaker system.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by nunya
Yea, but I really do feel that every team will have at least a loss in district. I think we'll end up with a couple 5-1 teams and a two or three 4-2 teams. If academic casualties haven't occurred yet, anything could transpire. Staying healthy is the key. Just as the Mustangs. Kinda feel bad for them.

I strongly suspect someone sporting a 4-2 league record will be blowing up basketballs, so its important for teams to remember not to just win, but win convincingly due to UIL's beloved, mind-boggling tie-breaker system.

Im afraid that you may be correct. The Rattlers have to travel to Cameron and Rockdale..Those games scare me.

nunya
09-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Traveling to Cameron should, my friend.

Global Swarming
09-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Anyone have the stats from the Madisonville game. I don't think we ran the ball as well as we have been. Of course it was nice to see us throw the ball more with a real good completion percentage. I'd like to see us throw more on first down to keep the defense off balance.