PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW: Jasper @ Silsbee

R3Editor
09-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Old district foes matchup in this one. Jasper has had a rough start to the season, dropping all games to good competition. Silsbee got back on track with a win against Beaumont Kelly. With district play set to begin soon in both districts, and the after effects of Hurricane Ike, which forced cancellations of several Southeast Texas football games the last two weeks, the teams should be ready to meet for some good ole fashioned gridiron glory, served up East Texas style.

44INAROW
09-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Going with Silsbee by 12 in this one ;)

JasperDog94
09-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I saw Jasper play Nacadoches this past Friday. They looked like a team that had been shut down because of 2 hurricanes. The offense was completely out of sync. QB Bailey really struggled in the game and Jasper never found an offensive rhythm.

That said, Silsbee is in the same boat. We will see what happens this Friday. I'm hoping for a Jasper win.:)

pirate4state
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm just happy that some of the teams in this area are starting to play again! Good Luck to both squads, but I'll be cheering for a Jasper win!!

IHStangFan
09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
GO JASPER!!

AggiesAreWe
09-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
Old district foes matchup in this one. Jasper has had a rough start to the season, dropping all games to good competition. Silsbee got back on track with a win against Beaumont Kelly. With district play set to begin soon in both districts, and the after effects of Hurricane Ike, which forced cancellations of several Southeast Texas football games the last two weeks, the teams should be ready to meet for some good ole fashioned gridiron glory, served up East Texas style.

These two teams will be facing off for the 71st time. A very big rivalry but a friendly one, great respect for one another.

Look for a high scoring game as both defenses are lacking so far this season, giving up lots of yards and points. Silsbee is giving up an average of 31 points a game while Jasper is giving up 40 points a game. Both offenses are the teams strengths as Silsbee is avg. 30 points a game while Jasper is getting 28 a game.

I predict a Silsbee win, 40-34.

kepdawg
10-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Hopefully Jasper picks up the win! Good luck to both teams!

j_dog
10-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Jasper won 14-0

navscanmaster
10-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jasper won 14-0

:clap: :clap: Way to go Bulldogs!

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jasper won 14-0 woohoo go jasper!