PDA

View Full Version : La Grange vs Hamshire-Fannett

Pudlugger
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
The Leps will play H-F in Houston at Delmar Stadium Thurs night. This will be a make up game for both teams. The Leps are solid now and putting up 38+ points per game. I'll take the Leps by 21.

Pudlugger
09-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Would like to hear something about H-F. What offense do they run? Maybe one of the WOS posters might be familiar with this team. Any info would be appreciated. I don't think these two teams have met before.

nunya
09-27-2008, 10:22 PM
They're corn-fed, I do know that much. Too close to Port Arthur not to be blue-collar driven.

Don't underestimate them. They typically score plenty points.

setxsports
09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Hamshire Fannet had to go to OT to defeat 2A Deweyville Sat. Night. LaGrange wins this one.

nunya
09-27-2008, 10:30 PM
H-F is usually borderline 2A, so LG should win. Just not sure it'll prepare you adequately for your killer district.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
HF also lost to 4A Lumberton 23-7 and then defeated Liberty 34-20.

nunya
09-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
HF also lost to 4A Lumberton 23-7 and then defeated Liberty 34-20.

That makes me think it may be a better matchup because I think Lumberton has improved vastly in recent years and Liberty is relatively average.

LG 35, Hamshire-Fannett 19

(HF resembles a bigger Flatonia in its "feel")

Pudlugger
09-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Do they run at you in the slot T or do they line up in the spread?

SteelerCzy
09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Watched them play Deweyville last night, HF is very big, and physical, their backs are small and shifty, you had better wrap them up. QB threw 2 or 3 ints, he's a much better runner than passer. Pro set, and some slot back formations, they try and wear you down with the big boys up front. Defensively they are balanced with the strength being their LB's, #32 is a man. Very aggressive front 7-on Defense. They lost their better RB in an early game this year, he was wearing a cast on his leg. Should be a good game for the Lep's.

Pudlugger
09-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by SteelerCzy
Watched them play Deweyville last night, HF is very big, and physical, their backs are small and shifty, you had better wrap them up. QB threw 2 or 3 ints, he's a much better runner than passer. Pro set, and some slot back formations, they try and wear you down with the big boys up front. Defensively they are balanced with the strength being their LB's, #32 is a man. Very aggressive front 7-on Defense. They lost their better RB in an early game this year, he was wearing a cast on his leg. Should be a good game for the Lep's.

Thanks for the info. BTW who won the game last night against Deweyville?

nunya
09-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Thanks for the info. BTW who won the game last night against Deweyville?

See fourth post on this thread. They won in OT.

fourbeee
09-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I know I sound like a La Grange homer, but I am far from it. They have the makings of a great football team. They get better every week. Their offense is getting stronger as the season goes further. The 2 season favorites for their district are probably taken notice of the Leps now. They most likely were not before the opener. I see them as the team to beat in their district. To beat the Leps, you will have to outscore them or they will have to beat themselves. An example of this is their first game. I talked to a Lockhart coach who said, that they got lucky against them in their W.
La Grange 42
HF 14

Pudlugger
09-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I agree the Lep offense is now a two headed monster with 6 stinger tipped tentacles that can strike fast. Unless the defense can maintain cover on the quartet of receivers and stop the play action, and rb or qb draw play at the same time the Leps will score and score often. The Leps literally beat themselves in the Lockhart opener giving up the ball after deep drives or long plays 5 times. But they seem to have learned from that early bitter experience and have really stepped up. If anybody on this board wants to see a very exciting offense I recommend they come to one of our games. You will not be disappointed. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 09:59 AM
While much has been discussed regarding the Lep passing attack it is worth noting that the running game is really beginning to show promise. #22 and # 27 have both broken for long gains in recent games. They have great acceleration through the holes and the ability to break tackles for extra yards.

Both qbs are a threat as well, especially on the draw plays. With the experience gained over the early season it is noteworthy that when they find receivers are covered rather than throw into coverage and risk interception they tuck the ball in and run for 7-10 yards. They have no problem lowering their shoulders and taking a hit.

If the defense loads up the secondary the Leps will run the ball effectively. The biggest problem for the Lep running game is to hold onto the football and avoid turnovers.

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Game 5 coming up and the Leps remain a two qb team. Will this continue into district or will they go with one or the other? So far the two headed monster is proving to be formidable.

LHS 2SONS
09-29-2008, 09:06 PM
We keep talking about the offense, lets not forgot about the defense. In two straight games the defense has not allowed their opponents over 200 yards of offense. Since the Lockhart game, in which they were on the field a lot because of LG's turnovers, they have really stepped it up.

For one more week, until we become enemies - Good Luck District 25 - lets go undefeated one more time

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Good point. The D is getting pretty salty. They are giving up 18 points per game however and heading into the meat of their schedule. If they can hold this average against quality teams like Bellville, Giddings, Columbus, Smithville and Sealy then alright.:cool:

Pudlugger
10-01-2008, 05:19 PM
I think this is the only 3a Thursday night game this week. Hopefully the Leps are ready to roll. They need a good test before they meet Bellville at home next week.

jrhernandez7
10-01-2008, 05:27 PM
wow, next week slate of games is gona be great to watch, oct. 10 is o so close, la grange vs. bellville, smithville vs. columbus giddings vs. sealy, wow, all gona be great games, either game could go anyway

Pudlugger
10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
You are so right. We will know a whole lot more about D25 in a little over one week. 6 strong teams matching up in 3 games to start the race to the playoffs.
I think La Grange, Smithville and Giddings come out with the W's.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Does this game start at 7:00 or 7:30? Might have to check out LG.

hookandladder
10-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
We keep talking about the offense, lets not forgot about the defense. In two straight games the defense has not allowed their opponents over 200 yards of offense. Since the Lockhart game, in which they were on the field a lot because of LG's turnovers, they have really stepped it up.

For one more week, until we become enemies - Good Luck District 25 - lets go undefeated one more time

As I stated earlier in the year, the defense needs to improve to make a run for the playoffs. Since the Lockhart they have become a very good unit by making some changes and becoming more aggresive and flying to the ball. The kid from Goliad was as impressive RB/WR as they will see in District and they did a great job containing him all night. I know some posters on here were talking how bad Goliad was as a team, I would be willing to bet anyone on here that Goliad will contend for a playoff spot this year. They were big,fast and very well coached and #10 will not be stopped all year, mark my word I will eat crow if needed.

Pudlugger
10-02-2008, 08:30 AM
I agree Hook, Goliad will fight it out with Yoakum and Gonzales for a playoff spot in their district. If they beat Edna, Palacios and one of these two they will be in.

BOCEPHUS
10-02-2008, 08:39 AM
STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE:doh: :thinking:

Pudlugger
10-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE:doh: :thinking:

Yes, Giddings has had the toughest schedule losing close to LH and 4A Elgin. Their win over La Vernia looks more impressive with the Bears win over Cuero as well. Giddings will no doubt be a favorite in D25. The road to the playoffs runs through Bellville and Giddings imo. The third spot will be a cat fight with a little red bird thrown in for good measure.:D

TRENCHES06
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Next weeks Bellville vs. La Grange game should definitely be Region IV game of the week.

Should be a great matchup.

Kickin It
10-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Good luck to La Grange tonight. I like Pud actually giving a little respect to C-town and hope the cards can live up to that repect. Looks like they are headed in the right direction, but have to keep it rolling when district starts next week. D25 is going to be some exciting football every Friday night. Again, good luck La Grange, keep the district rolling!!:thumbsup:

Bull's-eye
10-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I wonder if there will be any scouts from Bellville attending this game? Good chance to see next week's district opponent.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I wonder if there will be any scouts from Bellville attending this game? Good chance to see next week's district opponent.

I am sure all the Varsity coaches will be their and also the Brahma scout team.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I am sure all the Varsity coaches will be their and also the Brahma scout team.

So has anyone heard what the Bellville coaches think about LG's team.