PDA

View Full Version : Band...WOW

Pick6
09-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Allen had 19 buses and one equipment vehicle for their Band Friday night. If you like band or hate band, you have to admit that that is impressive.

Old Tiger
09-27-2008, 01:17 PM
just because the band is big does not make them good ;)

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Allen had 19 buses and one equipment vehicle for their Band Friday night. If you like band or hate band, you have to admit that that is impressive.

The Allen band is awesome! Everyone should make it to at least one Allen game just to see the band! And the football isn't too bad either.

I was surprised to see last night that Frisco Liberty's band had their own 18 wheeler!

Pick6
09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The Allen band is awesome! Everyone should make it to at least one Allen game just to see the band! And the football isn't too bad either.

I was surprised to see last night that Frisco Liberty's band had their own 18 wheeler!

You wanna another surprise? Whitesboro's band has their own 18 wheeler also.

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 02:16 PM
You wanna another surprise? Whitesboro's band has their own 18 wheeler also.

Who pays for the gas for those things? :thinking:

catdaddy
09-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Who pays for the gas for those things?

Property owners... and again when they pay to see the game :D

catdaddy
09-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
just because the band is big does not make them good ;)

Dude, by the way, OU? Just when you were doing so well...

Old Tiger
09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
Dude, by the way, OU? Just when you were doing so well... notice it is upside down and when its upside down it spells no :D

Bullaholic
09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Argyle has one of the best 3A bands in the state. I really enjoyed watching them perform Friday night at Bull Stadium. Musically excellent, complex marching routine, and a lot of creativity.

My all-time favorite is the Fightin' Aggie Band when they march down that field playing the Aggie War Hymn, and I'm not even an Aggie fan---but the best is still the best.

charlesrixey
09-27-2008, 03:03 PM

my younger brother and sister are both a part of that band, quite a bit different from 10 years ago when i was in celina's

catdaddy
09-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
notice it is upside down and when its upside down it spells no :D

My bad. I was actually practicing my Batman moves when I saw it and forgot to invert.......:doh:

Sweetwater Red
09-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Big Spring's band is huge. They had four different xylaphones(?),
an electric keyboard, a set of chimes, and ten different styles
of drums.:eek:

Hell we're lucky if we have more than two tubas.:(

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Big Spring's band is huge. They had four different xylaphones(?),
an electric keyboard, a set of chimes, and ten different styles
of drums.:eek:

Hell we're lucky if we have more than two tubas.:(

That's funny if you think Big Spring's band is huge!

Sweetwater Red
09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
That's funny if you think Big Spring's band is huge!

I haven't seen a 5A game in twenty years. The only 4As I've
seen are the sorry teams we play and there isn't much participation in their bands.

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I haven't seen a 5A game in twenty years. The only 4As I've
seen are the sorry teams we play and there isn't much participation in their bands.

You should go to some big people games sometimes!

Sweetwater Red
09-27-2008, 04:01 PM

That's a bad idea. I don't want to watch any 5A games. If I did
then the next time I saw a Sweetwater game I might get the
impression they're slooooowww.:doh:

GetRDoneStangs
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM

We hosted Midland Lee and a Metroplexplex school (Mansfield???), the Lee Band had lots a buses and an 18 wheeler as well.....They still didn't fill the home side of Mustang Bowl..the Band Director was a jerk at first and then turned out to be a pretty descent ol man. He had a hard time with the way we were parking the buses...he got over it and the game (and show) went on!

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
We hosted Midland Lee and a Metroplexplex school (Mansfield???), the Lee Band had lots a buses and an 18 wheeler as well.....They still didn't fill the home side of Mustang Bowl..the Band Director was a jerk at first and then turned out to be a pretty descent ol man. He had a hard time with the way we were parking the buses...he got over it and the game (and show) went on!

How the buses are parked is very important!

GetRDoneStangs
09-27-2008, 04:35 PM
How the buses are parked is very important!

Actually..he was worried how we where un-loading 1st!...This guy was pretty old and set in his ways. Nothing wrong with that...we were justing doing the best we could with the space we had! Most bands do like playing in the Bowl..something about the concrete and the accoustics????

Matthew328
09-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Allen's band I think has over 700 members

JR2004
09-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

I wonder if Allen's band would all get state championship rings if the football team won a state title. I wonder if there's any precedent for a school winning a state title and giving the band members rings. :thinking:

TigerFan51
09-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

That's more students than we have in the whole high school!

nunya
09-28-2008, 03:12 AM
I saw Duncanville with 595 members one year at the state contest and there was so many auxiliary it was overkill and just too busy. There were like 5 drum majors. The band was entertaining, mind you, but there was no room for them to move around. The sound blew you out of Memorial Stadium, though.

That make it obvious it's time for a second high school in town. Bryan just addressed its overcrowding problem by opening Rudder. Otherwise, Bryan High could have been a 6A if there were such a thing.