Aggies can't run the ball

McGee left the game hurt

Aggies returned a fumble for a TD with 6 seconds left in the half

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 01:19 PM
McGee is out for the game

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
listening online.....2nd half starts w/a 60yd run by C. Gray.

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
listening online.....2nd half starts w/a 60yd run by C. Gray.

I couldn't believe the Army guys caught him!

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Aggies up 21-7 after TD pass from Johnson to McCoy?

Chillimaru
09-27-2008, 02:22 PM
please post updates cant watch game

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Aggies up 21-17

3:58 4th

Aggies just held Army on 4th and 2

Aggie ball on the 49 yard line

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
please post updates cant watch game chilli, you can listen to it...lemme get you the link...

It'll ask you to download Microsoft Silver...something or other...it is quick, then you'll be good to go.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Army challenging the spot

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Play stands

Aggie ball

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Lane running the clock down

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Lane running the clock down
Is the clock :eek: :eek: ?

;)

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Game over

Old Tiger
09-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Ah the fake army prevails. This is turning into a good little rivalry!

jlwttu
09-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Aggies better figure it out quick or they are going to be on the wrong end of some nasty scores in conference.

GetRDoneStangs
09-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Ah the fake army prevails. This is turning into a good little rivalry!

Fake Army??? You might want to look up and see what General Patton said...you should not disgrace ANYONE who is there to serve our country!

I know you where taking a jab at A$M....BOY and I mean BOY....you are way out of line!

JR2004
09-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Fake Army??? You might want to look up and see what General Patton said...

GENERAL PATTON did not say that quote about Texas A&M or any other school. A&M is not the only school though who continues falsely say he made that quote about them.

bandera7
09-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Fake army. No respect whatsoever. It doesnt matter whether Patton said that quote or not. The point is, thats complete disrespect toward a group of people where a large number of them go on to serve our country.

The class in that post shows alot about you as a person.

GetRDoneStangs
09-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
GENERAL PATTON did not say that quote about Texas A&M or any other school. A&M is not the only school though who continues falsely say he made that quote about them.

That may or may not be so.......his reference to Fake Army ia an injustice to the men and women who where in the Corps and have gone on to serve and die for our country!

I never went to A&M..but I consider myself an Aggie...I have both family and friends that have been in the Corp and served our Country...to call it Fake as a jab to the football program was wrong!!!

JR2004
09-27-2008, 03:10 PM
That may or may not be so.......

There's no maybe about it. He never said it. I'm a bit of a history buff (actually a lot of one) and he never made any such quote. The non-existent quote has been falsely attributed to The Citadel and several other similar schools as well.

Chillimaru
09-27-2008, 03:11 PM
chilli, you can listen to it...lemme get you the link...

It'll ask you to download Microsoft Silver...something or other...it is quick, then you'll be good to go.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ Thanks was to late by the time i got it downloaded but i will have it 4 next time. Glad to see Aggies win one :clap:

ziggy29
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow. Lose to Arkansas State, get destroyed by Miami, now beat Army -- ARMY!! -- by only four points at home?

The Aggies are a bad football team.

Chillimaru
09-27-2008, 03:19 PM
That may or may not be so.......his reference to Fake Army ia an injustice to the men and women who where in the Corps and have gone on to serve and die for our country!

I never went to A&M..but I consider myself an Aggie...I have both family and friends that have been in the Corp and served our Country...to call it Fake as a jab to the football program was wrong!!! Amen Brother, couldnt have said it better myself!!! That school has more tradition than alot of the other schools put together and i will continue to stand behind what they stand for.

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Wow. Lose to Arkansas State, get destroyed by Miami, now beat Army -- ARMY!! -- by only four points at home?

The Aggies are a bad football team. why is it that everyone feels the need to keep pointing this out as if it is some surprise this year? New coach, new system, etc. OF COURSE THERE IS GOING TO BE AN ADJUSTMENT PERIOD AND THEY AREN'T GOING BE A FORCE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!! Good lord....I KNOW you've seen enough football to know better or you wouldn't be here.

bandera7
09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
We'll be figured out by Big 12 time. Sherman is getting them used to his system. And finally, McGee looked good today. It appeared he had some confidence back. Im one of the few people I know of in Aggieland still supporting him, because I know how great he can be. He just lost any form of confidence he had.

Chillimaru
09-27-2008, 03:28 PM

The Aggies are a bad football team. Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

forum_guy
09-27-2008, 03:32 PM
its ok guys cuz we all know if a&m beats texas its going to be considered a successful season

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
its ok guys cuz we all know if a&m beats texas its going to be considered a successful season I woulnd't say that, but it'd shut the UT faithful up with having to remind us how "bad" our Aggies are right now. And that'd be just fine by me.

ziggy29
09-27-2008, 03:40 PM
why is it that everyone feels the need to keep pointing this out as if it is some surprise this year? New coach, new system, etc. OF COURSE THERE IS GOING TO BE AN ADJUSTMENT PERIOD AND THEY AREN'T GOING BE A FORCE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!! Good lord....I KNOW you've seen enough football to know better or you wouldn't be here.
I just didn't expect this much of a dropoff. I certainly expected some, the magnitude of the dropoff in the transition is surprising.

(I'm not a "UT faithful," by the way. I want to see the Aggies do better. And at least the "Fake Army" flames have subsided.)

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I just didn't expect this much of a dropoff. I certainly expected some, the magnitude of the dropoff in the transition is surprising.

(I'm not a "UT faithful," by the way. I want to see the Aggies do better. And at least the "Fake Army" flames have subsided.) I knew there would be a period of adjustment, and I agree, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say I think personally that Sherman has run a very conservative offense so far this year, which I did not expect. "Fake Army" crap is absurd. Anyone who serves their country in any aspect should be given the respect they deserve.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-27-2008, 03:49 PM
A win is a win, and I am proud to be a part of the program. If nothing else at least show a little respect to a fellow poster.

navscanmaster
09-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
A win is a win, and I am proud to be a part of the program. If nothing else at least show a little respect to a fellow poster.

Congratulations on the win, BBDE and the rest of the Aggie crew. Hunter really looked good out there today! What is the status of Michael Bennett and Stephen McGee?

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Congratulations on the win, BBDE and the rest of the Aggie crew. Hunter really looked good out there today! What is the status of Michael Bennett and Stephen McGee?

If I played for the Aggies, I would be too embarrass to come out during the week after losses to Arkansas State and Miami and a four-point win over Army (is that a real football team)

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
If I played for the Aggies, I would be too embarrass to come out during the week after losses to Arkansas State and Miami and a four-point win over Army (is that a real football team) so with that said...if A&M beats Texas...does that mean we won't have to hear from you anymore this year because you'll be too embarrassed to come out of hiding after losing to a team that lost to Arkansas State, Miami, and who bearly beat Army?

:thinking:

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2008, 05:41 PM
so with that said...if A&M beats Texas...does that mean we won't have to hear from you anymore this year because you'll be too embarrassed to come out of hiding after losing to a team that lost to Arkansas State, Miami, and who bearly beat Army?

:thinking:

Don't worry, that will never happen. The Aggies better watch out for Baylor or they go WINLESS in the Big 12

Chillimaru
09-27-2008, 05:42 PM
If I played for the Aggies, I would be too embarrass to come out during the week after losses to Arkansas State and Miami and a four-point win over Army (is that a real football team) well that shows how much character you have Aggies have alot more character than that

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Don't worry, that will never happen. The Aggies better watch out for Baylor or they go WINLESS in the Big 12 so sure aren't ya? What was the excuse for the last two years after you guys were so sure? :p

Rabid Cougar
09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Was at the game. A&M will be lucky to win another game this season. Any team with a running game will absolutely dominate them. Army ran it down thier throats and made them like it. If Army had made the 4th down play they would have won the game. Wouldn't have hurt if they wouldn't have fumbled right before halftime either.

I think a very good 5 A team could have beaten them.
Army's lines were smaller than most Texas 5A o-lines and d-lines.

JR2004
09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Quote from Mike Sherman at the end of the game...

"Army wore us out in the 2nd half."

If a winless team is able to wear out A&M I would hate to see what happens when they play OU. This is the same team that lost by 4TD's to Temple and by 18 points to New Hampshire. I'd be somewhat embarrassed if I were an A&M fan to hear my head coach say they were worn out at home by Army. That's just not acceptable for A&M or any other Big XII school for that matter.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-28-2008, 11:06 AM
True, we barely beat Army by 4 points, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to get my head down. Are we supposed to just lay down the rest of the year and give up and throw in the towel? I for one am going to remain optimistic and keep believing that I'm working hard for something. We are having a rough go about things this year, there is no doubt about that and it has shown. I'm not going to stand up and say that we are going to win the rest of the games this year, but I know for damn sure that a lot of other guys on the team and myself are going to work and fight like we can. I really don't care what you people have to say about it, but I'm not going to lay down and die and I'm not going to quit. Of course, that's the reason that many of you are posting on a 3A football message board and living your football careers vicariously through the efforts of teenagers and I'm out still playing the game. I am an Aggie, I wear #51 in the Maroon and White with pride, and no matter what you say or believe, I'm not going to let it get me down at the end of the day. I've been at rock bottom more times than once in my career and if I listened to the nay-sayers and the trash talk and the banter and bought into it, I would have quit a long time ago. Keep saying what you say, but I'm going to keep working and fighting so that we can at some point rise to the top. You say that we are pathetic and a bunch of losers but I say look in the mirror.