PDA

View Full Version : I think LIberty Hill Should be worried!

espn1
09-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I just heard Vance interview on TV! He said if he won a 3rd State Championship, he'd probably quit and open up a Bait Shop and sell worms and minnows!

Old Tiger
09-27-2008, 01:07 PM
aint nothin wrong with wanting to live the dream brotha

smash mouth
09-27-2008, 03:33 PM
he also joked about how much they threw the ball too - but don't look for them to air it out any time soon

Daddy D 11
09-27-2008, 04:02 PM
He always said he would retire after the 2009 class graduated, but i heard that he signed another contract for a couple more years? Anyone know if this is true:thinking:

Rocket
09-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
He always said he would retire after the 2009 class graduated, but i heard that he signed another contract for a couple more years? Anyone know if this is true:thinking:

They always sign for their protection, doesn't mean he will honor it. Yep this is bad news for LH. If he leaves, he will take it all with him and what you got left is somebody trying to carry it or it may go a whole nutha direction. Enjoy it while you got it, LH. (Not being negative at all, just telling it how it is.)

NastySlot
09-27-2008, 05:23 PM
LH would have nothing to worry about as long as the staff were to stay together.....Coach Vance is very good coach and smart...he has surrounded himself with an outstanding staff.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LOL! If he has decided "when", that's news. As of a little while back, he had no idea. But then I've heard the retiring rumor for 3 1/2 seasons and the year before he was supposedly taking the SM HC job because Bush retired.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 08:46 PM
As good as LH is at the moment...it isnt only about the coach and the system that keeps them on top. It's about the talent level as well. If it were only the coaching, then all the perinnial "winners" would still be on top...Cuero, WOS, Gilmer, etc.

You HAVE to have the talent PLUS the coaching...and maybe, just maybe, Coach Vance will be leaving at the right time in his career. I seriously doubt the talent level he has enjoyed the last 2 years will be repeated in the next 3 years. We shall see.

It never lasts forever, especially in High school football.

TexanAlum_06
09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
As good as LH is at the moment...it isnt only about the coach and the system that keeps them on top. It's about the talent level as well. If it were only the coaching, then all the perinnial "winners" would still be on top...Cuero, WOS, Gilmer, etc.

You HAVE to have the talent PLUS the coaching...and maybe, just maybe, Coach Vance will be leaving at the right time in his career. I seriously doubt the talent level he has enjoyed the last 2 years will be repeated in the next 3 years. We shall see.

Precisely. something similar has been going on in our hometown. I would not be surprised if when Vance hangs it up that Walker pulls a petrino on Rogers and comes back to the Hill to take over. Wouldnt surprise me one bit. You can bet he will get a phone call when vance retires.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Precisely. something similar has been going on in our hometown. I would not be surprised if when Vance hangs it up that Walker pulls a petrino on Rogers and comes back to the Hill to take over. Wouldnt surprise me one bit. You can bet he will get a phone call when vance retires.
I would not take that bet at all!

Rocket
09-27-2008, 09:32 PM

:iagree:

TexanAlum_06
09-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I would not take that bet at all!
Well then you must know something that I dont. :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Well then you must know something that I dont. :nerd:
No, not anything concrete, just thinking out loud. :) I do know Walker left, knowing the potential at some point for Vance to retire and the distinct possibility of moving up. :thinking:

wimbo_pro
09-28-2008, 09:06 AM
How old is Vance?

Pick6
09-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
They always sign for their protection, doesn't mean he will honor it. Yep this is bad news for LH. If he leaves, he will take it all with him and what you got left is somebody trying to carry it or it may go a whole nutha direction. Enjoy it while you got it, LH. (Not being negative at all, just telling it how it is.)

You're right, when GA left Celina he took it all with him and Celina's been down ever sense :rolleyes:

NastySlot
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM

well i know this those sub-varsity teams from 7th B to Jayvee are running that system really well.....as long as they have smart hard working line they will be more then ok.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
well i know this those sub-varsity teams from 7th B to Jayvee are running that system really well.....as long as they have smart hard working line they will be more then ok.

I am sure they will be ok too...my point is you guys are blessed with a very good load of talent at the moment. Will it continue at this level? I can't personally say, obviously. But, hypothetically, if you do NOT win the Championship this year or in the next few years, will it be said it was because of a let down in your coaching? Maybe, doubtful, but most likely it will be said to be a let down in your depth of talent.

offduty
09-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I heard Vance wanted to retire after this year before the season even started...that's why Walker left and took the job in Rogers, to get the HC experience to take over for Vance.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by offduty
I heard Vance wanted to retire after this year before the season even started...that's why Walker left and took the job in Rogers, to get the HC experience to take over for Vance.
You have no clue.

Old Tiger
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You have no clue. I have a clue :)

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I have a clue :)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Right