PDA

View Full Version : Sealy @ #5 Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Who wins and why? It will not be the matchup that we were all expecting. Sealy has lost their stud running back in Downey. They come into this ball game with a 3-1 record after losing to St. Pius at home 14-7 only gaining 120 yards on offense. The Rattlers come into the game with a 3-0 record. After an unexpected three week layoff thanks to Hurricane Ike, the Rattlers finally played their first game beating Bryan Rudder 58-3.

Rattlers by 28.

Necks_Fan
09-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Rattlers by 35.

No Downey= No Running game.

Anybody have any idea where the Sealy posters went? Lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2008, 10:48 AM
were they looking ahead the last game?

Sealy makes it a close game for a while but Navasota finishes strong and wins by 4 TD's

Pudlugger
09-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Navasota is the real deal this year. No hype just a darn good football team and too much for the Tigers. Rattlers by 21.

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 11:15 AM
The Rattlers will be too much for the Tigers. Navasota by 21

kingoftheranch
09-27-2008, 11:38 AM
navasota is too much for sealy especially without downey. game stays close for a while but navasota pulls away by 21

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I really do feel for Sealy. Hopefully they can pull together and find some way to score some points going into district play.

rancher
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Dont worry after the coaching staff says they are sorry to the Downy he will be back. Everyone knows that if he is gone, the season is gone. Believe me, they will beg him to come back and say, we had a misunderstanding. Navasota by 7.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Dont worry after the coaching staff says they are sorry to the Downy he will be back.
:doh: :doh: Why should they?????

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Navasota 33-7

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Dont worry after the coaching staff says they are sorry to the Downy he will be back. Everyone knows that if he is gone, the season is gone. Believe me, they will beg him to come back and say, we had a misunderstanding. Navasota by 7. It doesn't matter what anyone reads on a message board. People will make up whatever they want to make up! The truth is no one but the coaches & players involved know the absolute truth!

10 players could have witnessed whatever went down and you'd get 10 different stories.

Either way it has nothing to do with anyone outside of Sealy!

44INAROW
09-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Dont worry after the coaching staff says they are sorry to the Downy he will be back. Everyone knows that if he is gone, the season is gone. Believe me, they will beg him to come back and say, we had a misunderstanding. Navasota by 7.

the coaches will lose the respect of the T E A M and once the respect is gone - so is the discipline and pride. Good luck to the rest of the players this season, what an unfortunate situation.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It doesn't matter what anyone reads on a message board. People will make up whatever they want to make up! The truth is no one but the coaches & players involved know the absolute truth!

10 players could have witnessed whatever went down and you'd get 10 different stories.

Either way it has nothing to do with anyone outside of Sealy!
:clap: :clap: :clap: You're absolutely right!

eagles_victory
09-27-2008, 12:02 PM
It doesn't matter what anyone reads on a message board. People will make up whatever they want to make up! The truth is no one but the coaches & players involved know the absolute truth!

Either way it has nothing to do with anyone outside of Sealy! take up for your husband i love it lol :D

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
take up for your husband i love it lol :D lol shut up.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 12:15 PM
The Rattlers will be too much for the Tigers. Navasota by 21

Wow!!

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 02:07 PM
To be honest, even before Downey was kicked off the team, I didn't think that Sealy had what it took to beat the Rattlers. I think that the game would be (could have been) closer with Downey. Sealy's defense is not bad, but I think Navasota's offense will be too much especially if Sealy's offense struggles like they did against St. Pius.

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I'll take Navasota by at least 3 TDs.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
To be honest, even before Downey was kicked off the team, I didn't think that Sealy had what it took to beat the Rattlers. I think that the game would be (could have been) closer with Downey. Sealy's defense is not bad, but I think Navasota's offense will be too much especially if Sealy's offense struggles like they did against St. Pius.

:iagree: :iagree: Couldn't of said it better myself, good post!

Old Tiger
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I think the rattlers will slither up on the tigers and bite them in the year by a 17 point win :D

ziggy29
09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't suppose Sealy could quickly clone Eric Dickerson, could they?

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I don't suppose Sealy could quickly clone Eric Dickerson, could they?

Hey, you never know.:thinking:

roughneck_2008
09-27-2008, 03:42 PM
i'm goin with navasota big, sealy has been over rated this whole time, im glad they finally lost so they would quite being so highly rated, yes the downey kid was good but the rest of the team wasn't all that good, i expect navasota to win by atleast 3 td's

ProudHornetMom
09-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Navasota no doubt.

navscanmaster
09-27-2008, 04:06 PM
If we don't have four more fumbles, then I would say Navasota should win by at least 3 TDs. They looked sloppy in ball protection against Bryan Rudder, even though Rudder kept giving the ball right back. Other than that, there wasn't much rust in a 58-3 victory. I look for Sealy's defense to bring the heat and try to contain Dexter and force QB Stokes to make bad throws. If they can do that, it will be close. If the Rattler line does a good job, Navasota will dominate. I wish Sealy had all their guns going for them, but that is just the way it is. Navasota 42-14.

TigerFan51
09-27-2008, 07:54 PM

I don't know what the story is with Downy but why in the world would a coach(es) grovel at a players feet, no matter who they are? If it was a disciplinary action, then it should stick...no ifs, ands or buts.

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
:D

STAggie
09-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I would like to say we are going to win, but after the performance last night, I can't. Our D will keep us in it but we are going to have to totally re work our offense. As far as Downey goes, an assistant told me if he apologizes to the coaching staff and team and does some extra running he will be allowed back on probation and if he does one thing he is gone for good. That tells me he won't come back because he is a very stubborn kid. Sealy will work out its kinks by district and will be playing great ball going into the playoffs. Mitchell is to good of a coach to not have these kids ready.

navscanmaster
09-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I would like to say we are going to win, but after the performance last night, I can't. Our D will keep us in it but we are going to have to totally re work our offense. As far as Downey goes, an assistant told me if he apologizes to the coaching staff and team and does some extra running he will be allowed back on probation and if he does one thing he is gone for good. That tells me he won't come back because he is a very stubborn kid. Sealy will work out its kinks by district and will be playing great ball going into the playoffs. Mitchell is to good of a coach to not have these kids ready.

I just hope whatever happens is for the better of the team and the school, not the individual.

As far as the game goes, Sealy had better figure out some way to score points, because the Tiger defense won't be able to hold off Navasota. Navasota has punted once in three games. I hope they do step up and challenge the Ratter offense, though. I don't like blowouts, they are boring for one side, and blood curdling for the other.

STAggie
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I just hope whatever happens is for the better of the team and the school, not the individual.

As far as the game goes, Sealy had better figure out some way to score points, because the Tiger defense won't be able to hold off Navasota. Navasota has punted once in three games. I hope they do step up and challenge the Ratter offense, though. I don't like blowouts, they are boring for one side, and blood curdling for the other.

Same here. Blowouts are not good for either team involved. I think our offense just needs to find its rhythm. Our OL looked really out of sink. I am almost glad we lost the St Pius game because it shows the kids they aren't just going to show up and win. Better to have a game like that now, then when you are down to the game that may send you to the playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2008, 04:41 PM

No blowouts, please!:mad:

OldBison75
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Thr Rattlers have the wepons to play anybody. Pratt has very few carries this year and still averages about a first down per carry. Stokes is passing with unreal efficiency and accuracy. Jackson catches anything thrown in his direction. Lamascus is a tough possession reciever that will find an open spot. The Rattler defense is much better than I had even hoped it would be. Sealy should not be overlooked though. Even without Downey, they have good athletes and can regroup. I think that they will be fine after adjustng the offense for the Downey absence. But, this week will belong to the Rattlers playing at home and for Homecoming. Rattlers by 21.

bobcat04
09-29-2008, 09:40 AM
The Tiger's defense will keep this close but Navasota has too many weapons. 21-7 Navasota

teetle
09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Here we go again. We going to get our a#$% kicked again. Something has got to be done.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by teetle
Here we go again. We going to get our a#$% kicked again. Something has got to be done.

What do you expect them to do? The coaches are in a bad spot, you kick a kid off the team, and then make up after the 2nd time and let him back? What kind of message will that send to the rest of the team? Its ok if we get in trouble, we can still play?

STAggie
09-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What do you expect them to do? The coaches are in a bad spot, you kick a kid off the team, and then make up after the 2nd time and let him back? What kind of message will that send to the rest of the team? Its ok if we get in trouble, we can still play?

The coaches let the team captains decide if he got to come back. From what one of them told me Mitchell said he didn't care one way or the other and it was up to them. That tells me the captains plan on keeping him inline.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
The coaches let the team captains decide if he got to come back. From what one of them told me Mitchell said he didn't care one way or the other and it was up to them. That tells me the captains plan on keeping him inline.

Mitchell kicks him off, then he is going to let the players decide, if he comes back? Now it comes down to winning or discipline.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
I don't know what the story is with Downy but why in the world would a coach(es) grovel at a players feet, no matter who they are? If it was a disciplinary action, then it should stick...no ifs, ands or buts.

Sounds like the players will make the decision?

UPanIN
09-29-2008, 03:16 PM
It's not all bad to let the kids decide if he comes back. Most of the time they will be harder than a adult on what he must do to get back.

I'm for giving kids a chance to change but at some point enough is enough. Has that point been crossed already?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
It's not all bad to let the kids decide if he comes back. Most of the time they will be harder than a adult on what he must do to get back.

I'm for giving kids a chance to change but at some point enough is enough. Has that point been crossed already?

This is the 2nd time this season.

Dogs_21
09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
32-21 Navasota!! My Pick

UPanIN
09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Navasota wins by 7 :2thumbsup

Bull19
09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
This is the 2nd time this season. looks like winning may be a little more important than teaching kids right from wrong, good work ethic, building good character, etc. if i was playing for sealy i personally wouldn't want him back. what about the other player(s) kicked off. were they allowed back on the team?

OldBison75
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
If the coach and players want Downey back, that is up to them. I would not want to be the coach that let the team make the choice--because suddenly my authority means nothing anymore. If the coach can live like that==OKAY!

Rattlers still win big no matter who they put on the field because the team appears to be in turmoil and even fighting among themselves. This is a team sport and no individual is above the team.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, with Downey, I wasn't impressed with Sealy. Im not sure what everyone else sees when watching Sealy, but I sure as h*%% don't see it. Someone please help me figure it out. I love football and I like to tell it like it is. I'm impressed with Liberty Hill, Bailey, QB at Jasper, in the game versus Navasota, Whaley from Madisonville, Giddings defense last season, China Spring last season, Navasota's offense, Sealy team play last season, etc....

I know that this message will run some people hot, but, you will get over it. Im just want to know why all the hype over Sealy? And, Im sure, some may say, why all the hype over Navasota...So be it....

I guess we will see come Friday....

TigerTalk
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Don't kid yourself, Downey will most likely play against Navasota.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by TigerTalk
Don't kid yourself, Downey will most likely play against Navasota.

It doesn't matter...Navasota rolls big time...

navscanmaster
09-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Sealy really looks to have been overhyped to this point. Friday is the deciding point. If they have a close loss or win, then they can be counted on to remain tough the rest of the year, and maybe even regain some of that hype. I hope they are preparing themselves, because devoting 7-8 to contain the running game with Pratt and Stokes, and then trying to play man defense on three to four receivers every down is what the dilemma is. If you try to play a zone defense to contain the passing game, spy Pratt with your LBs or DEs, now you lose Stokes for a TD. Believe me, it has happened. Most people forget how small and quick Stokes is, and it sucks to contain the big recruits only to have the QB run for 100+ on you.

navscanmaster
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
That said, if there is one team that has a history of giving Navasota's offense fits, it is Sealy. So I look for the toughest defensive unit the Rattlers have played all year to hit hard and make them put up or shut up.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2008, 08:42 PM
That said, if there is one team that has a history of giving Navasota's offense fits, it is Sealy. So I look for the toughest defensive unit the Rattlers have played all year to hit hard and make them put up or shut up.

Thats true, but I believe that this unit may be Navasota's most potent offensive unit in some time...Even better than the teams with Chris Smith and company or Roderick Wilson, Willie Willams, and Jermaine Henderson and company.

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Downey will not be a factor. Navasota rolls over Sealy and wins by 3+ tds. Sealy is the most overrated team in 3A now.

charlesrixey
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Navasota is a top 10 team, but they are in the bottom of the ten

they will not win a state title

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Sealy is the most overrated team in 3A now.

You just now seeing this?

IHStangFan
09-29-2008, 09:31 PM
You just now seeing this? I don't know.....I think you guys have forgotten about West Oso. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Sealy really looks to have been overhyped to this point.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I don't know.....I think you guys have forgotten about West Oso. :D

:confused:

IHStangFan
09-29-2008, 09:37 PM
:confused: I think they were ranked in the top 10 to start the season if I remember correctly.....they fell like a brick in a vacuum as soon as play started just as I thought they would.

navscanmaster
09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

:(

Are you saying they will win two then???:D

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

Sealy will not make the playoffs this season. They will not make it out of D25. Bank on it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Sealy will not make the playoffs this season. They will not make it out of D25. Bank on it.

With or without downey?

STAggie
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM

WRONG! Sealy will make the playoffs along with Bellville and Columbus. Not sure in what order though, to tough to call.

navscanmaster
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
WRONG! Sealy will make the playoffs along with Bellville and Columbus. Not sure in what order though, to tough to call.
Isn't La Grange in that district?;) :thinking:

Bull19
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Isn't La Grange in that district?;) :thinking: yes and giddings and smithville

Bull19
09-29-2008, 10:01 PM
WRONG! Sealy will make the playoffs along with Bellville and Columbus. Not sure in what order though, to tough to call. how much you wanna bet that not all three of those teams will make the playoff's? or even bet that two of those three teams will not make the playoff's?

navscanmaster
09-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
how much you wanna bet that not all three of those teams will make the playoff's? or even bet that two of those three teams will not make the playoff's?
Wow! I am pulling for Smithville. I think them, Columbus and Sealy will be the odd men out when district is finished, but that is just the opinion of one outsider looking in.

Bull19
09-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow! I am pulling for Smithville. I think them, Columbus and Sealy will be the odd men out when district is finished, but that is just the opinion of one outsider looking in. out of those three he listed i think bellville should make the playoffs if i had to predict today and that sealy and columbus would be out if the playoffs started tomm.

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
With or without downey? Downey or no Downey they will be lucky to get two wins in d25.

bvillebrahma010
09-29-2008, 11:17 PM
i honestly think itll be bellville, giddings, and smithville in that order. but thats my pick! yup i did say smithville!!

Pudlugger
09-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
i honestly think itll be bellville, giddings, and smithville in that order. but thats my pick! yup i did say smithville!!

La Grange, Bellville, Giddings/Smithville tie breaker rule.

Talk_To_The_Paw
09-30-2008, 06:56 AM
There seems to be a lot of homers on this subject.

I am not going to make any predictions, but I would not count Sealy out so soon.

BOCEPHUS
09-30-2008, 09:47 AM
La Grange, Bellville, Giddings/Smithville tie breaker rule.

SUMBODY MIGHT NEED TO CHECK STRENGTH OF NON-DISTRICT SCHEDULE, WHATCHA THINK?

SOME UNDEFEATED TEAMS DUN THRASH SOME , WELL TEAMS THAT JUST AIN'T REAL GOOD THIS YEAR

Bull19
09-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
SUMBODY MIGHT NEED TO CHECK STRENGTH OF NON-DISTRICT SCHEDULE, WHATCHA THINK?

SOME UNDEFEATED TEAMS DUN THRASH SOME , WELL TEAMS THAT JUST AIN'T REAL GOOD THIS YEAR so r u saying sealy has played a tough schedule?

BOCEPHUS
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
so r u saying sealy has played a tough schedule?

HAIL NO, AM SAYING LUKS LIKE GIDDINGS HAS......THEY DUN LOST TO HILL BY 2, BEAT LA VERNIA(WHO THUMPED CUERO) BEAT WHARTON I THINK, THEN LOST TO ELGIN(NOT SURE WHAT THAT ABOUT, THINK ELGIN NO GOOD...MAYBE SOMEBODY HURT), THEY PLAY SOME WACO SCHOOL THIS WEEK, SAYS THEY 3-1.........WILL SEE, SMITHVILLE MAY BE THE BEST TEAM:rolleyes:

Pudlugger
09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
HAIL NO, AM SAYING LUKS LIKE GIDDINGS HAS......THEY DUN LOST TO HILL BY 2, BEAT LA VERNIA(WHO THUMPED CUERO) BEAT WHARTON I THINK, THEN LOST TO ELGIN(NOT SURE WHAT THAT ABOUT, THINK ELGIN NO GOOD...MAYBE SOMEBODY HURT), THEY PLAY SOME WACO SCHOOL THIS WEEK, SAYS THEY 3-1.........WILL SEE, SMITHVILLE MAY BE THE BEST TEAM:rolleyes:

Strength of schedule is important and favors Giddings, but I think Smithville might sneak up on some of the competition this year and force a tie breaker. In a tie breaker they only look at district scores so non-district doesn't matter. If the Buffs beat Smithville by a couple of points but lose to a team that the Tigers beat handily and both end up 3-2 Smithville wins the tie breaker. That almost happened to the Leps in 2006 but fortunately Bellville made a huge comeback late in the game against Caldwell to get them into the playoffs.

trg
09-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I am thinking it's gonna be Bellville (my kids go to school there), Columbus (my old alma mater) and I don't know who. That's my "heart" talking and not based on anything. But what it really comes down to is who stays healthy and keeps their head in the game all through District. After all this is high school football...anything can happen. I wish all the teams in D25 the best of luck and like I said on another post it's gonna be one H*LL of a ride through district. I think we are in for some really good football.

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Back to the topic on hand...Sealy @ Navasota...:D

I like 1. Bellville 2. Giddings 3. La Grange

NastySlot
09-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Strength of schedule is important and favors Giddings, but I think Smithville might sneak up on some of the competition this year and force a tie breaker. In a tie breaker they only look at district scores so non-district doesn't matter. If the Buffs beat Smithville by a couple of points but lose to a team that the Tigers beat handily and both end up 3-2 Smithville wins the tie breaker. That almost happened to the Leps in 2006 but fortunately Bellville made a huge comeback late in the game against Caldwell to get them into the playoffs.

might be lost here...but are you saying that if smithville and giddings are both 3-2 but giddings beat smithville barely and smithville beats a team that beat giddings...smithville would have the tie-breaker?

wouldn't it (if smithville and giddings are the only two tied) come down to head to head comp....sending giddings to the playoffs...now if you add a third team...then wouldn't it come down to points differentials among the three teams tied....plus/negative points among only those tied teams?????? are ya'lls district tie-breaker rules different then most?......or maybe i just didn't understand or read you post right.

Pudlugger
09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Forgetaboutit! LOL!!

scrub c
09-30-2008, 08:00 PM
sealy gets well with their stud back in the line-up and pulls the upset in this one...

RattlerDude
09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Who wins and why? It will not be the matchup that we were all expecting. Sealy has lost their stud running back in Downey. They come into this ball game with a 3-1 record after losing to St. Pius at home 14-7 only gaining 120 yards on offense. The Rattlers come into the game with a 3-0 record. After an unexpected three week layoff thanks to Hurricane Ike, the Rattlers finally played their first game beating Bryan Rudder 58-3.

Rattlers by 28.
What happened to the running back? Apparently he wasn't lost to injury... And if he were playing how do you think the game would turn out? I think Sealy would start off good but then fade away as the Rattlers would continue to pour it on. Either way I would have Navasota winning comfortably.

So how do ya'll think the game would turn out if Downey was playing? Serious question. No sarcasm in it

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
sealy gets well with their stud back in the line-up and pulls the upset in this one...

LOL:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
What happened to the running back? Apparently he wasn't lost to injury... And if he were playing how do you think the game would turn out? I think Sealy would start off good but then fade away as the Rattlers would continue to pour it on. Either way I would have Navasota winning comfortably.

So how do ya'll think the game would turn out if Downey was playing? Serious question. No sarcasm in it

Well, according to some, he will be playing Friday....

zebrablue2
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by scrub c

in a dream. no upset here. rattlers by 14 plus...

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
According to http://www.sealynews.com/articles/2008/09/30/sports/sports01.txt Downey is not expected to play this Friday.

buff4ever
09-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I heard they were PUNISHING :rolleyes: him untill district play....anybody else heard this?

Don't know much about the head coach there, but this would seemingly be heading back to the TJ Mills days in sealy, and not necessarily talking about the winning part of those days as much as the ankle bracelet wearing acceptance by the head coach.

nunya
09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Sealy isn't luring Navasota into a false sense of security and wants them to relax a tad too much for Friday's contest before the player returns in full force.

Bull19
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
downey might not play agaisnt navasota but i'm 99.99999999999999% positive he WILL PLAY come district time

buff4ever
09-30-2008, 09:32 PM
downey might not play agaisnt navasota but i'm 99.99999999999999% positive he WILL PLAY come district time

HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?

:D :D :D :D :D

Bull19
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?

:D :D :D :D :D if this was an open forum i would tell you

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Leave the issue out of the discussion.

STAggie
09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know what to think of this issue, but some of the posters on here are acting like their programs have never had any sort of attitude problems. If you live in a glass house.....Anyway, this will be a good game with or without Downey and I can't wait to see Navasota play. Been hearing a lot about you guys and I hope you live up to the hype.

Bull19
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
how would navasota fair in this game without pratt? any takers?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
I heard they were PUNISHING :rolleyes: him untill district play....anybody else heard this?

Don't know much about the head coach there, but this would seemingly be heading back to the TJ Mills days in sealy, and not necessarily talking about the winning part of those days as much as the ankle bracelet wearing acceptance by the head coach.

The players were making the decision if he came back, not the coach. What if there were grades involved who would make the decision. The students or the teacher?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
how would navasota fair in this game without pratt? any takers?

They would still win with out him, Navasota is more of a team then just one RB.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
The players were making the decision if he came back, not the coach. What if there were grades involved who would make the decision. The students or the teacher?
That's a completely separate thing! Now, drop any problems or there will be fewer people able to post on this thread. :)

STAggie
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
They would still win with out him, Navasota is more of a team then just one RB.

So is Sealy.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM

Good to see you back. How is the family?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Back to the topic on hand...Sealy @ Navasota...:D

I like 1. Bellville 2. Giddings 3. La Grange

No Columbus?

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2008, 10:09 PM
No Columbus?

There's only room for 3 teams..:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2008, 10:12 PM
There's only room for 3 teams..:D

Maybe the district committe can make it 6 this year.:D

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Maybe the district committe can make it 6 this year.:D

Hey, Im sure glad that Navasota isn't in that district....It will be a tough fight in D24 but nothing like D25...it should be fun.

Bull19
10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
So is Sealy. yea they sure proved that theory this past week against st. pius didnt they. their offense lit it up:rolleyes:

STAggie
10-01-2008, 08:50 AM
yea they sure proved that theory this past week against st. pius didnt they. their offense lit it up:rolleyes:

One bad game against a good team and suddenly we will never win a game again.

teetle
10-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Here we go again, St. P did us in. Navasota will definately do us in. We didn't have to play Rice thanks to Ike. They would have kicked our A#$. I never would have thought that Mitchell would put up with what has been going on. running 5 miles a week in nothing. Schulenburg players had to run 20 miles in one week for drinking. Coach Mitchell is a fine football coach, he will handle the situation fine. Go Tigers

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Alright people, two more days till game time. After all that has happened at Sealy, I really wished that Downey was playing. With him in the lineup, it will/would make for a better game.

teetle
10-01-2008, 09:45 AM
When District starts we at least have Columbus at home. If history repeats itself Columbus will fold like an old suitcase. They have a hard time coming into Tiger stadium. Strange things happen to them here.
columbus hasn't played anybody with exception of Needville and Needville sucks. Too bad the Hallettsville game was cancelled. We would have an Idea how good they are. This being said , I think we can make the playoffs. Go Tigers:eek:

Bull19
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
When District starts we at least have Columbus at home. If history repeats itself Columbus will fold like an old suitcase. They have a hard time coming into Tiger stadium. Strange things happen to them here.
columbus hasn't played anybody with exception of Needville and Needville sucks. Too bad the Hallettsville game was cancelled. We would have an Idea how good they are. This being said , I think we can make the playoffs. Go Tigers:eek: imo needville would've beat st. pius. granted st. pius is good, but a former top 10 ranked sealy team shouldv'e beat them.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Didn't a 1-3 Columbia team defeat St. Pius 16-7? I think they held St. Pius to a total of 52 yards.

headhunter
10-01-2008, 11:19 AM
How long is Downey out? Season?

Sealy was my early season favorite in Region VI. I thought they had the kids to contend for a region VI title this yr. Last weeks loss kind of made me question that. Navasota is bigger and is playing with a great deal of confidence, Navasota should be the favorite to win this one. I am going with Sealy just because I "hope" they rebound after a tough loss at home. Sealy will have to rely on some underclassman to step up and there defense will have to be spectacular.

Sealy 30
Navasota 28

buff4ever
10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Here we go again, St. P did us in. Navasota will definately do us in. We didn't have to play Rice thanks to Ike. They would have kicked our A#$. I never would have thought that Mitchell would put up with what has been going on. running 5 miles a week in nothing. Schulenburg players had to run 20 miles in one week for drinking. Coach Mitchell is a fine football coach, he will handle the situation fine. Go Tigers

When you put it that way, you are in more trouble than I even thougth, jeesh!:D :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
How long is Downey out? Season?

Sealy was my early season favorite in Region VI. I thought they had the kids to contend for a region VI title this yr. Last weeks loss kind of made me question that. Navasota is bigger and is playing with a great deal of confidence, Navasota should be the favorite to win this one. I am going with Sealy just because I "hope" they rebound after a tough loss at home. Sealy will have to rely on some underclassman to step up and there defense will have to be spectacular.

Sealy 30
Navasota 28

Some Hope there....:clap:

navscanmaster
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Getting excited now. I can't wait to meet some of you guys, esp. IHStangFan. I've met Go Blue, so I can take or leave him. He'll sit on the side of whoever is dull enough to buy him nachos.:rolleyes: :D

Gotta watch the Freshman game tomorrow. My brother in law should finally be starting on the D-Line. I have been teaching him how to tackle since junior high, since that was Navasota's biggest problem on D back in the days.

JR2004
10-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Sealy was my early season favorite in Region VI.

Mine too! They have no competition in that region! :)

RattlerDude
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
What number is the running back Downey so I can see whether or not he is actually playing on friday?

RattlerDude
10-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Getting excited now. I can't wait to meet some of you guys, esp. IHStangFan. I've met Go Blue, so I can take or leave him. He'll sit on the side of whoever is dull enough to buy him nachos.:rolleyes: :D

Gotta watch the Freshman game tomorrow. My brother in law should finally be starting on the D-Line. I have been teaching him how to tackle since junior high, since that was Navasota's biggest problem on D back in the days.
so the meet and greet is still scheduled for 6 30 in front of the weight room or what?

navscanmaster
10-01-2008, 08:07 PM
so the meet and greet is still scheduled for 6 30 in front of the weight room or what?
As far as I am concerned, it is. I will resurrect the m&g thread and see how many people can make it. The purpose of that spot and that time is so that the Sealy people can meet with us, and, since Homecoming starts before the game, the Navasota people and others that may sit on our side can get in and find a seat on time. I have reserved tickets so it doesn't matter to me anyway. I will be able to meet anybody else at halftime on our side, location TBD anywhere but the concession stand.

venomous tat2
10-01-2008, 09:28 PM
what's good about that location is if you need to get to the other side you can easily go behind the consession stand and get in at the ticket gate .

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
what's good about that location is if you need to get to the other side you can easily go behind the consession stand and get in at the ticket gate .

I would say that this location is the most logical location.

Watcher
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
columbus hasn't played anybody with exception of Needville and Needville sucks. Too bad the Hallettsville game was cancelled. We would have an Idea how good they are. This being said , I think we can make the playoffs. Go Tigers:eek:

Teetle you sure are good at bad mouthing Needville. You badmouth their coaching staff, players, and program as a whole. You bad mouth Bellville and Columbus. But all in all who has the discipline problem. I take Needville over Sealy.

Kickin It
10-02-2008, 01:10 PM

Teetle, maybe you should preview before you post. Columbus has not played anybody with the exception of Needville? I know we haven't played the powerhouses of Hempstead, Second Baptist, or St. Pius, but the kicker for us is that we have won the games we were supposed to win and even won the game we were picked to lose by 15 pts. Sealy beat a fast Brookshire team which was a good win. To say Needville sucks is a slap in the face to a good program and a good coaching staff. My own personal opinion, maybe you should not stir the pot in a very tough district! :mad:

Pudlugger
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Columbus will beat Sealy.

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Teetle, maybe you should preview before you post. Columbus has not played anybody with the exception of Needville? I know we haven't played the powerhouses of Hempstead, Second Baptist, or St. Pius, but the kicker for us is that we have won the games we were supposed to win and even won the game we were picked to lose by 15 pts. Sealy beat a fast Brookshire team which was a good win. To say Needville sucks is a slap in the face to a good program and a good coaching staff. My own personal opinion, maybe you should not stir the pot in a very tough district! :mad:

Wow, that was a good slap. I wonder why he feels that Needville sucks?

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
:thinking:

RattlerDude
10-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Does anybody know Downey's number? Anyone?

Stats
10-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Does anybody know Downey's number? Anyone?

I think it is 5, but I don't think he will be playing this week

RedStorm
10-02-2008, 07:32 PM
This will not even be close, Navasota by 3 TD's plus

buff4ever
10-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Is this the first real opponent of Sealy:D :D :D :D

And they have a loss already??

Just kidding guys/gals. This will be a great game for both teams to see how ready they are for district. Navasota will have a easier time in my opinion than sealy in district play, but still this game is a great test.

STAggie
10-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
This will not even be close, Navasota by 3 TD's plus

Oh look, another Bellville poster bad mouthing Sealy. This game will be close I can promise you that. If not I will eat a big helping of crow.

zebrablue2
10-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh look, another Bellville poster bad mouthing Sealy. This game will be close I can promise you that. If not I will eat a big helping of crow.

fire up the grill. unless you like it boiled.:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2008, 11:04 PM

I sure hope that this game is close. But, from what I have seen from Navasota versus what I have seen from Sealy, I don't see Sealy being able to compete a full 4 quarters with the Rattlers. Anything is possible, yes, but, I dont see it happening tomorrow. Sealy should prepare themselves for La Grange, Bellville, Giddings, Smithville, & Columbus. From what I saw tonight, La Grange is very effecient on offense, particularly in their passing game. Sealy will have it rough come district if they can't find someone else besides Downey to spark the offense. In Sealy's game versus Royal, IMO Royal would have won if they had an offense. Sealy, La Grange does. And, they are going to eat your defense alive if you are not prepared.

Good Luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Navasota 33-7

Not bad mouthing Sealy, Navasota has too much offense and Sealy doesn't. :)

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-03-2008, 06:58 AM
If it is a close game, Luna (kicker) could make the difference with his leg. I will say Tigers by 3.

Bull19
10-03-2008, 07:29 AM
i got navasota winning very convincingly. navasota will show just how average of a team sealy is.

HEMOTOXIC
10-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Talk_To_The_Paw
If it is a close game, Luna (kicker) could make the difference with his leg. I will say Tigers by 3.

I respect your choice to decide who you think will win, but, I must ask, why/how do you feel that Sealy will score? I just want to know if I am missing something or if you know something that I don't....

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Hemotoxic are you saying you don't think Sealy will score? No question that Sealy will have a battle on their hands. I do think Sealy will be up for the game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Talk_To_The_Paw
Hemotoxic are you saying you don't think Sealy will score? No question that Sealy will have a battle on their hands. I do think Sealy will be up for the game.

Not at all, but after seeing them struggle against St. Pius without Downey, and from what is posted in the Sealynews.com, they will be without Downey again, I just wonder how much offense the Tigers will be able to muster up. I hope that the game is competitive all the way to the end.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 11:33 AM
IMO, the only chance Sealy has would be in a low scoring game. I don't see their offense putting enough points on the scoreboard to challenge the hi-output Rattler offense.

STAggie
10-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Getting closer to game time and I am getting really excited. This will be a great game. Leaving in about 3 hours and I can't wait. Meeting some friends at Wranglers, any Navasota fans have a particular dish I should try?

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Good luck to both teams, may the best team win. :)

navscanmaster
10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Getting closer to game time and I am getting really excited. This will be a great game. Leaving in about 3 hours and I can't wait. Meeting some friends at Wranglers, any Navasota fans have a particular dish I should try?

I know you are probably gone already for the game, but anything at Wranglers is overpriced. I don't even bother with them. Since the fire, I have been in only once.

Go Rattlers!:clap:

striker
10-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Try the Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken....always good.