PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood - Liberty Hill Rematch!

espn1
09-27-2008, 10:14 AM
I predict the winner of this game will win DII Trophy! What have I over looked?

Looking4number8
09-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by espn1
What have I over looked?

About 10 weeks

Sweetwater Red
09-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
About 10 weeks

:doh: :D

espn1
09-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
About 10 weeks That's a "week" answer.

Panther One
09-27-2008, 10:32 AM
The fact that if Wimberley and Llano are the other two playoff teams from 8-3A, which is very probable at this point, we'll be DI.

espn1
09-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
The fact that if Wimberley and Llano are the other two playoff teams from 8-3A, which is very probable at this point, we'll be DI. That's what I was looking for! So suddenly you guys are Billy Goat fans!

lostaussie
09-27-2008, 10:39 AM
I predict the winner of this game will win DII Trophy! What have I over looked? alot!!!!!

Panther One
09-27-2008, 10:42 AM
That's what I was looking for! So suddenly you guys are Billy Goat fans!
We'll most likely either have a rematch with Brownwood or Wylie, depeding on which division we go and I really don't care which one it is. From an offensive standpoint, I'd prefer Brownwood cause they couldn't stop us with 11 in the box. Defensively, I prefer Wylie, simply because they don't have 6'4, athletic receivers and a DI QB.

Overall, DII could be the easier route through Region I, aside from the Brownwood matchup. If we go DI and Gatesville misses the playoffs out of 7-3A, our Region I playoff foes would likely be China Spring, Burkburnett, and Wylie. If you go by the Massey Ratings, that's the number 7, 4, and 5 teams in the state right now. That won't be an easy stretch of games.

But first things first. We have Burnet this week and I'm looking forward to making it three wins in a row.

LHexPlayer
09-27-2008, 11:13 AM

But first things first. We have Burnet this week and I'm looking forward to making it three wins in a row.

Amen to that. There is nothing I like more than watching Burnet go down. I've taken my lumps from them over the years. Three in a row would be wonderful.

espn1
09-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Amen to that. There is nothing I like more than watching Burnet go down. I've taken my lumps from them over the years. Three in a row would be wonderful. I'm a Burnet fan! But I don't sugar coat things! Burnet has no depth and a very elementary offense. It's going to be a long dry spell!

Rocket
09-27-2008, 11:31 AM
From an offensive standpoint, I'd prefer Brownwood cause they couldn't stop us with 11 in the box.

I feel you. Offensively, the Lions' mouths are watering to get some more of that Panther Defense. :rolleyes:

Rabid Cougar
09-27-2008, 06:21 PM
We'll most likely either have a rematch with Brownwood or Wylie, depeding on which division we go and I really don't care which one it is. From an offensive standpoint, I'd prefer Brownwood cause they couldn't stop us with 11 in the box. Defensively, I prefer Wylie, simply because they don't have 6'4, athletic receivers and a DI QB.

Overall, DII could be the easier route through Region I, aside from the Brownwood matchup. If we go DI and Gatesville misses the playoffs out of 7-3A, our Region I playoff foes would likely be China Spring, Burkburnett, and Wylie. If you go by the Massey Ratings, that's the number 7, 4, and 5 teams in the state right now. That won't be an easy stretch of games.

LH would not play CS until the Regional Finals if both teams go DII as Distirict Champs and win the appropriate games.