PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie 35 Canyon 21

michaelp23
09-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Just got home from the game. Wylie looked much better tonight. Still not a perfect game but they looked good. Canyon is a good 4-A team with size and solid skill position players. Wylie let them get back in to it before the half, which shifted momentum. But Wylie fought back and took control in the fourth quarter. It was a hard hitting game, and tempers flared a little at times. But Wylie played well, especially considering they had a 4 1/2 hour bus ride to get up there.

The Wylie crowd was understandibly small with the long drive, but was into the game and made some noise.

Kimbrough Stadium is a great place to watch a football game. It's a large stadium with seating for (just guessing) 16,000-18,000 and the stands are very steep. That makes for a "right on top of the action" type of feel. The steep hills all around the stadium create a unique atmosphere and holds the noise in, making the crowd and band noise a factor.

Overall, Wylie looks like they've prepared as well as could be expected for what will surely be a tough district!

Go Bulldogs!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

WylieBulldog92
09-27-2008, 01:13 AM
I wish I woulda got out of school earlier or I woulda went :(

markp08
09-27-2008, 01:14 AM
and are back home already. The game was over at 10:30ish. Even if you drove 90 all the way you wouldn't be home 'til 2 or so. Anybody who listened to the game would have known what you said! :D ;)

michaelp23
09-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by markp08
and are back home already. The game was over at 10:30ish. Even if you drove 90 all the way you wouldn't be home 'til 2 or so. Anybody who listened to the game would have known what you said! :D ;)

That's funny. I thought I saw you there too.....

I wasn't going 90 all the way home, more like 200.;)

markp08
09-27-2008, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
That's funny. I thought I saw you there too.....

I wasn't going 90 all the way home, more like 200.;)

SHHHHHH!!!!! Don't tell anybody I was there!!!!! :taunt: :sleeping: