PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use an optical mouse???

SintonFan
10-01-2002, 11:17 PM
I just got one of these new-fangled contraptions. I've gotta say it's the best, cheapest investment I've made in my computer since I upgraded my RAM. I'll never have to clean my mouse again! I must be easily amused, hehe.
Even if it stops working, I could hang it next to the computer and use it as a nightlight.

twinkle
10-02-2002, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the info...I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that I wouldn't trade for nothin', but the mouse has been giving me problems and have been thinking about getting a new one. Surely they have wireless...My mouse once broke on me and I was stuck on a Saturday night without one (oh, the horrors.) My hubby would not let me drive to my nearest all-night Wal-Mart and there was almost a divorce. I don't have an internet addiction. Really. People who say that are nuts. wink

footballgal
10-03-2002, 01:29 PM
I guess I don't have one since I don't know what it is. But, I did get a wireless mouse, but it initially didn't work and I didn't want to mess with it at the time. I need to make time do re-install and make it work, since it seems neat to use I didn't know about the wiresless keyboard either, I will have to look into that also, but I guess I better get the mouse working first.

GoStangs
10-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Optical mice are the best thing to have! You can use the mouse on practically ANY surface. Heck, you could use it on your shirt and it would work fine...LOL.

The old regular mice that have a ball for tracking are pure crap compared to optical mice. They even have wireless optical mice now.

FYI, an optical mouse uses a red-light emitting diode to scan the surface that is underneath the mouse, instead of a ball that rolls on the surface. It never needs cleaning, and it won't get stuck! It's smooth, too!

footballgal
10-03-2002, 01:45 PM
GoStangs:

FYI, an optical mouse uses a red-light emitting diode to scan the surface that is underneath the mouse, instead of a ball that rolls on the surface. It never needs cleaning, and it won't get stuck! It's smooth, too!Hey! that sounds like what I have, I might have it and don't even know it. I am going to check tonight. Thanks for the info GoStangs!

SintonFan
10-04-2002, 01:34 PM
twinkle:
Thanks for the info...I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that I wouldn't trade for nothin', but the mouse has been giving me problems and have been thinking about getting a new one. Surely they have wireless...My mouse once broke on me and I was stuck on a Saturday night without one (oh, the horrors.) My hubby would not let me drive to my nearest all-night Wal-Mart and there was almost a divorce. I don't have an internet addiction. Really. People who say that are nuts. wink Hehe, that sounds like proper justification to me!
LOL...
I got this mouse at a Big Lots for $10. That's less than half price for most others.

footballgal, glad to here from you. If your mouse lights up, then its an optical mouse.

<small>[ October 04, 2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

BigRedfan
10-04-2002, 01:58 PM
I have one and just love it. Will not ever go back to the other kind. I just wish now that my husband would let me update my 6 year old computer. lol :)

SintonFan
10-04-2002, 02:33 PM
GoStangs:
Optical mice are the best thing to have! You can use the mouse on practically ANY surface. Heck, you could use it on your shirt and it would work fine...LOL.Hey! I tried it on my shirt and 'low and behold' it worked just fine! I thought the 'newness' had worn off that dang mouse... LOL.

SintonFan
10-04-2002, 02:39 PM
BigRedfan:
I have one and just love it. Will not ever go back to the other kind. I just wish now that my husband would let me update my 6 year old computer. lol :) I take it you have something like a Pentium MMX or close? If you have PC100 memory and install the max memory for it (memory is still cheap!), it will run alot faster. It made a big difference for my 'old' Celeron 400. But I have too admit, six years is really a long time for not having a new computer! Good luck! :D