PDA

View Full Version : 4-0 Bellville Brahmas vs Wharton Tigers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2008, 12:25 AM
The Tigers will travel to Bellville to play the Brahmas on Homecoming. Will Bellville put together a full 4 Q's in this one or will Wharton spoil Homecoming for Bellville? Bellville has beat 2 teams from District 26, Brookshire, and Sweeny. Will the Brahmas make it 3 vs 26? Bellville with wins also over Caldwell and 4a Livinghton look to go undefeated in pre-district. Give coments and insight on this match-up.

Necks_Fan
09-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The Tigers will travel to Bellville to play the Brahmas on Homecoming. Will Bellville put together a full 4 Q's in this one or will Wharton spoil Homecoming for Bellville? Bellville has beat 2 teams from District 26, Brookshire, and Sweeny. Will the Brahmas make it 3 vs 26? Bellville with wins also over Caldwell and 4a Livinghton look to go undefeated in pre-district. Give coments and insight on this match-up. Wharton keeps it interesting early, but the Brahmas just too much the Tiggers....

41-14 Brahmas.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2008, 12:53 AM
The Tigers will have had 2 weeks to get ready for the Brahmas.

Necks_Fan
09-27-2008, 08:52 AM
The Tigers will have had 2 weeks to get ready for the Brahmas. Doesn't matter. Superior firepower gets it done in this one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Looks by the poll Bellville will be the underdog.:thinking:

BTownVBall3
09-27-2008, 09:42 AM
What the poll doesn't say is 9 of the 10 votes are from Sealy.

The people will vote but won't comment because they don't want to look that stupid.

Necks_Fan
09-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Looks by the poll Bellville will be the underdog.:thinking: Bellville is 4-0.... Wharton is 0-4... Nuff said...

rancher
09-27-2008, 11:32 AM
The Bellville offense better show up if they expect to win. Bellville defense set the offense up numerous times for several scores vs Brookshire, but they failed in the efforts. Offense line make the Brookshire defensive line and linebackers look all state. Several complained about the officals, but they did a good job. Bellville did hold several times on key plays.

44INAROW
09-27-2008, 11:35 AM
wow - 12-10 in the poll right now.. I don't know much about either team. What am I missing with it being so close in the poll? 4-0 vs 0-4 - Has Wharton played a killer pre-season?

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3

The people will vote but won't comment because they don't want to look that stupid.

The polls will be worthless if people don't take them seriously. Not sure why people intentionally vote against the favorite just because the envy or dislike the better team. I think one year a certain higher up was even changing the vote total. I agree, comment why you voted for the underdog.

I voted for Bellville, let's hear from the posters that voted for Wharton. Would you put $$ on the Tigers? I didn't think so.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2008, 12:17 PM
14-12, Brahmas maintain a 2 vote lead. This could get interesting if Wharton keeps getting votes they might think they can actually win this.(poll)

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 12:17 PM

I'm fairly certain we don't have 9 Sealy posters.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 12:22 PM
12 votes for Wharton and not one comment why they think the Tigers will win. :thinking:

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
12 votes for Wharton and not one comment why they think the Tigers will win. :thinking:

I voted for Wharton. :D I like their colors and when I lived in Huntsville I drove by there all the time. Good Luck Tigers!

If they win it will be because they scored more points than Bellville!

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I voted for Wharton. :D I like their colors and when I lived in Huntsville I drove by there all the time. Good Luck Tigers!

If they win it will be because they scored more points than Bellville!

I now understand what I'm dealing with, just when I start to admire your football knowledge, you post something like this. The poll asked who would win, not which team had the best looking uniforms. :doh:

Kickin It
09-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Wharton stays in it early, but Bellville brings too much to the table. Bellville by 14. Good luck Bellville, keep D25 rolling.

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I now understand what I'm dealing with, just when I start to admire your football knowledge, you post something like this. The poll asked who would win, not which team had the best looking uniforms. :doh: I love to throw out that curve ball! I can be watching football with all my family (mostly men) and talking football and then bust out with "Damn, he has a nice ass!" :D HAHAHA. or "He is a hottie!"

As for the poll --- like it matters? :doh: I too now understand what I'm dealing with.

BrahmaMom
09-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Quite out of character for pirate4state, I agree, now I understand that curve ball. Still knows football, though. It's okay, I like going in as an underdog. Should make us hungrier for it. I still miss that fire in the belly, wish I saw it on the field. rancher is right, our offense better show up and play all 4 qtrs like they want it. There is no "I" in TEAM-yeah, there is a "me" but let's leave that in the locker room. Go Brahmas!!

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I too now understand what I'm dealing with.

Not sure what that means, but you are free to give me a private message. In reference to your earlier post, I expected something more about the Wharton football team, not justing picking them because you like their colors or you waved to them on your way to school.

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
My point is, these polls mean NOTHING! What does it matter if someone votes for Wharton? You can't honestly believe that it will have ANY effect on the outcome of the game.

As for Wharton, I haven't seen them play since Burnet put a whooping on them back in '02, but they always seem to have athletes! In fact, I've been watching one of their athletes this afternoon play for the Ags.

I agree with what has been said so far, Wharton will stay with Bellville for 1 or 2 qtrs, but in the end the Brahmas will have too much for Wharton.

There. Is that better?

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 02:18 PM
My point is, these polls mean NOTHING! What does it matter if someone votes for Wharton? You can't honestly believe that it will have ANY effect on the outcome of the game.

I agree with what has been said so far, Wharton will stay with Bellville for 1 or 2 qtrs, but in the end the Brahmas will have too much for Wharton.

There. Is that better?

First of all, your dislike for FBB & Bull19 might of have of had something to do with you voting for Wharton??

2nd. Go back and read 44INAROW's post. It got him/her curious about why an 0-4 team is getting so many votes vs a 4-0 team.

3rd As a female your knowledge of the game will be questioned when you say things like "I love their colors."

4th. If the polls mean nothing, than why have them? I take time and do my homework when voting on the 3A top 25 poll. I and most others wouldn't participate if there was no credibility in them.

5th. You're right it doesn't determine the outcome of any game, but it's a way to test our football knowledge.

IHStangFan
09-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I see a strong resemblance between this thread and......this....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/pong.gif

Bull19
09-27-2008, 03:48 PM
i cant believe your suprised by p4s's posts bulls-eye.

ProudHornetMom
09-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I haven't seen Wharton play but I've seen Bellville twice this year. Bellville keeps getting better and better and will get another win.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I personally don't vote on polls when I know nothing about either team, muchless intentionally go out of my way to discredit the integrity of someone's poll. If your football knowledge says one team is better than the other, then vote that way. If you feel for some reason that this team could upset the favorite, then vote for the underdog.

I was really impressed with last 3A top 25 poll. How would you like for a bunch of posters to vote for the worst teams? You would have a poll with no creditability, much like the Houston Chronicle poll.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i cant believe your suprised by p4s's posts bulls-eye.

Didn't think she would go against Mitchell & the boys, muchless by 21 points. I learned a long time ago that betting or voting with your heart can get you in trouble. P4s is a smart gal, she must know this too.

TigerFan51
09-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
wow - 12-10 in the poll right now.. I don't know much about either team. What am I missing with it being so close in the poll? 4-0 vs 0-4 - Has Wharton played a killer pre-season?

Yes, Wharton has had a very killer pre-season...Giddings - Wharton had them down 14-0 in the 2nd quarter, El Campo - 26-14 with Wharton a 48 point underdog, Smithville and Rice - 21-20 in OT. The Tigers don't quit.

I remember someone who shall not be named saying that all these teams were going to run Wharton in the ground by 30 or 40 points and that El Campo was going to beat Wharton by 50 or 60. Wharton has not been blown out in any of their games, so far. They've only lost by a score or two in all of their games. They have a new head coach for the second year in a row, which has meant another new offense to learn in as many years and an almost entirely new coaching staff. They're making strides and ought to be ready when district play begins with Brookshire.

No, I didn't vote in this poll...which really means nothing but is merely other fans opinions. I much prefer to leave it to the boys on the field.

navscanmaster
09-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
Yes, Wharton has had a very killer pre-season...Giddings - Wharton had them down 14-0 in the 2nd quarter, El Campo - 26-14 with Wharton a 48 point underdog, Smithville and Rice - 21-20 in OT. The Tigers don't quit.

I remember someone who shall not be named saying that all these teams were going to run Wharton in the ground by 30 or 40 points and that El Campo was going to beat Wharton by 50 or 60. Wharton has not been blown out in any of their games, so far. They've only lost by a score or two in all of their games. They have a new head coach for the second year in a row, which has meant another new offense to learn in as many years and an almost entirely new coaching staff. They're making strides and ought to be ready when district play begins with Brookshire.

No, I didn't vote in this poll...which really means nothing but is merely other fans opinions. I much prefer to leave it to the boys on the field.

I haven't voted yet, but I will be putting my vote in for Bellville. Bellville will not lose at home to an 0-4 team, and they simply have better skill at the key positions than Wharton. Wharton will, in typical fashion, keep it close. I can see this one being a 35-24 Brahma win.

As for the rest of the banter, I simply feel the need to toss my $.02 into this discussion. Not directed at one poster in particular, but the feeling on the board is that if you post a message predicting or stating anything less than perfection for Bellville, you will be hit with endless demands for an explanation of your position. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter why we as posters would choose to vote against a team, because that is our opinion. I am sure there are a few votes in there that are in jest, but calling people out to demand an explanation as to why they voted the way they did is why they don't state it in the first place. When people vote against my team, I listen to their reasons or tally their votes, and it helps me to get a clear picture of what people perceive from the Rattlers. If something seems outlandish, I don't pull the "I'll have some of what you are smoking" or "how could you possibly think that" routine. I might poke fun back or correct erroneous facts if they are stated, but I and most other posters are not ones to pick apart people's opinions. No matter how hard you try, you can't make people "see the light" as you see it. The team's actual performance on the field will take care of that. Let the healthy discussion continue.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
As for the rest of the banter, I simply feel the need to toss my $.02 into this discussion. Not directed at one poster in particular, but the feeling on the board is that if you post a message predicting or stating anything less than perfection for Bellville, you will be hit with endless demands for an explanation of your position.

No, that's not true. Go back and look who questioned the voting. This poll is suppose to be about who you think will win. Some posters seem to vote against a team just because they dislike that team or their posters. I welcome posts like the one from TigerFan51, he backs his vote and brings some good comments to the table.

sinton66
09-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Some posters seem to vote against a team just because they dislike that team or their posters.

Like it or not, it IS within their right to vote as they please. Doesn't help the viability of the poll, I agree, but, there's no way you can prevent it from happening.

Global Swarming
09-27-2008, 09:14 PM
I think Wharton will win this one because a tiger can eat a cow.:)

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming

What about a bull? :D

TigerFan51
09-27-2008, 10:15 PM

What the heck! C'mon now, don't post crazy stuff like this!

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 11:41 PM
First of all, your dislike for FBB & Bull19 might of have of had something to do with you voting for Wharton??

2nd. Go back and read 44INAROW's post. It got him/her curious about why an 0-4 team is getting so many votes vs a 4-0 team.

3rd As a female your knowledge of the game will be questioned when you say things like "I love their colors."

4th. If the polls mean nothing, than why have them? I take time and do my homework when voting on the 3A top 25 poll. I and most others wouldn't participate if there was no credibility in them.

5th. You're right it doesn't determine the outcome of any game, but it's a way to test our football knowledge.

I'm not even gonna respond to #1 & 2.

3rd - my football knowledge will be questioned anyway b/c I am female, why not have fun with it?

4th - Good question. Only FBB can answer since it's his poll. The 3A RANKINGS are a completely different animal than a "who will win" poll.

5th - That's just laughable!

So as not to upset anyone else, I will no longer vote in polls that have anything to do with Bellville.

G'nite & good day.

Bull's-eye
09-28-2008, 12:09 AM

If this is what you actually think will happen, I don't understand why you voted the other way? Can you at least give us an honest answer?

Pudlugger
09-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Looks like somebody got under the skin of our friends from Bellville. The Brahmas carry a proud tradition and get their backs up fast when you poke a stick at them. That's what happens when you tease a bull I guess LOL. I have been guilty of this sort of mischief myself. As long as no one gets hurt it is all just in fun. :)

FWIW, the Bulls will blow out the Tigers. It will not be close. This is the finale to their shakedown cruise before district and they will come out fighting.

Necks_Fan
09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I haven't voted yet, but I will be putting my vote in for Bellville. Bellville will not lose at home to an 0-4 team, and they simply have better skill at the key positions than Wharton. Wharton will, in typical fashion, keep it close. I can see this one being a 35-24 Brahma win.

As for the rest of the banter, I simply feel the need to toss my $.02 into this discussion. Not directed at one poster in particular, but the feeling on the board is that if you post a message predicting or stating anything less than perfection for Bellville, you will be hit with endless demands for an explanation of your position. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter why we as posters would choose to vote against a team, because that is our opinion. I am sure there are a few votes in there that are in jest, but calling people out to demand an explanation as to why they voted the way they did is why they don't state it in the first place. When people vote against my team, I listen to their reasons or tally their votes, and it helps me to get a clear picture of what people perceive from the Rattlers. If something seems outlandish, I don't pull the "I'll have some of what you are smoking" or "how could you possibly think that" routine. I might poke fun back or correct erroneous facts if they are stated, but I and most other posters are not ones to pick apart people's opinions. No matter how hard you try, you can't make people "see the light" as you see it. The team's actual performance on the field will take care of that. Let the healthy discussion continue. I give Wharyon a lot of credit now.... They played out of their minds against Giddings and El Campo. :clap:

They have changed my tune a bit. Still think the Brahmas win though.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM

LMAO:doh:

pancho villa
09-29-2008, 07:15 AM
I voted for Wharton cause they have hotter cheerleaders!

OldBison75
09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Bellville has a solid team with good skill position players. They are playing at home and for homecoming. The intensity SHOULD be in Bellville's favor. Wharton is the real underdog and coming in at 0-4 will make them very hungry. If Bellville gets sloppy because they believe that Wharton is a pushover--LOOK OUT. Wharton has a good team and is capable of winning this game. I think it will be close with Bellville winning by 7.

pancho villa
09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Bellville has a solid team with good skill position players. They are playing at home and for homecoming. The intensity SHOULD be in Bellville's favor. Wharton is the real underdog and coming in at 0-4 will make them very hungry. If Bellville gets sloppy because they believe that Wharton is a pushover--LOOK OUT. Wharton has a good team and is capable of winning this game. I think it will be close with Bellville winning by 7.

Bellville needs to feed Wharton if they are hungry.

trg
09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I voted for Bellville simply because I believe in them and think they are going to win. It is homecoming and I believe the intensity will be on our side. I know nothing about Wharton. Good luck to the Brahmas!!!! And I hope both teams have injury-free games.

buff4ever
09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Unless bellville turns the ball over as many times as giddings did in the first half, this game will not be competitive in the second half.

BrahmaMom
09-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Here's hoping for a mistake-free, injury-free game. If the mistake-free part holds and we play with intensity a la Tallerine we've got it. I just want to see the Brahmas come charging out and keep the emotion going. Go Brahmas!!

trg
09-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Well said BrahmaMom. I agree with you!!!! Go Bellville!!

nunya
09-29-2008, 03:36 PM
When the Bellville Brahmas wake up and realize they have the ability to take the Class 3A state championship this year................................ woe be unto the State of Texas.

Bull19
09-29-2008, 04:06 PM
i think if the brahmas take the same approach on offense as they did this past week this game could turn out to be closer than most think. with that being said i expect the bulls to run the ball more than they did last week and stay with some of the shorter passing routes and most likely abandon the deep ball like they tried to use against royal. however if bellville takes an early lead i expect the offense to work on the passing game, cause we all know it needs it.

Antec
09-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Game will be broadcast on KULP, AM 1390, in El Campo

Also over the internet

www.kulpradio.com

LHS 2SONS
09-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I plan on going to the game, will their be a spot for a LG person to sit on the Bellville side or will I have to sit with Wharton. I will be supporting Bellville for this week, but next week will be a little different.

My youngest son plays baseball with a couple of kids from Bellville - very nice families and very respectful kids

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
I plan on going to the game, will their be a spot for a LG person to sit on the Bellville side or will I have to sit with Wharton. I will be supporting Bellville for this week, but next week will be a little different.

My youngest son plays baseball with a couple of kids from Bellville - very nice families and very respectful kids

Come sit with us, look for us, we will be wearing Red!

LHS 2SONS
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
yea right, that will be everybody

4x100jackets
09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I just hope Sweeny gets another crack at them !!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2008, 10:12 PM
yea right, that will be everybody

A few might have on white.:D

bvillebrahma010
09-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
I just hope Sweeny gets another crack at them !!!!!!!

Dude, lets be serious!! wait til playoffs when bellville will be playing, or shall i say, should be playing mistake free football! one heck of a team when this happens!!!

zaley
09-30-2008, 11:18 AM

You sure can come sit w/us. We usually sit close to the finish line. :D We will enjoy all the support anyone gives our boys.

Idk anything about Wharton, but I hope the Brahams win!!!

Bull's-eye
09-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the board Zaley, nice to have another Bellville poster. :)

IHStangFan
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Game will be broadcast on KULP, AM 1390, in El Campo

Also over the internet

www.kulpradio.com nice...thanks for the info.

BrahmaMom
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Yep, we'll be wearing red and we'll be LOUD! sounds like we are all on the same page as to areas for improvement. We certainly have the talent this year. I have always admired Coach C's approach of "one game at a time" it has kept his teams focused in the past. Would love to see some intensity on the field--that will bring us where we need to be. Until then, the fans will need to be the noise. Let's show the team we are behind them!! Love ya, Bulls.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Need the defense to put some more pain back in the pasture and get the offense hitting on all cylinders.

Bulligator
10-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by rancher
The Bellville offense better show up if they expect to win. Bellville defense set the offense up numerous times for several scores vs Brookshire, but they failed in the efforts. Offense line make the Brookshire defensive line and linebackers look all state. Several complained about the officals, but they did a good job. Bellville did hold several times on key plays.

I don't think you can attribute the blocking woes 100% on the line. More than once, the backs missed their blocks on passing attempts and runs. Several times they let the rusher run untouched. Hopefully the coaches saw that in the film and they are working on that this week.

I think Bellville pulls this one out, but not by much. Wharton is much better than their record.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
I don't think you can attribute the blocking woes 100% on the line. More than once, the backs missed their blocks on passing attempts and runs. Several times they let the rusher run untouched. Hopefully the coaches saw that in the film and they are working on that this week.

I think Bellville pulls this one out, but not by much. Wharton is much better than their record.

:iagree:

pancho villa
10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Wharton's secondary coach will lead the victory cause he wears his pants to tight in the spring.

BrahmaMom
10-02-2008, 08:04 AM
The defense is stepping up the hits--you heard 'em in the stands at Brookshire! Everyone needs to make their blocks--please--I am too old to stay this frustrated. We have the talent, we need to hit on all cylinders! GO BULLS!!

scrub c
10-02-2008, 12:28 PM
ha-ha-ha pancho got benched

Johnnypaycheck
10-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Wharton's secondary coach will lead the victory cause he wears his pants to tight in the spring.

That poor coach, i bet he got upset and turned Pancho in for that! LOL

raider red 2000
10-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
That poor coach, i bet he got upset and turned Pancho in for that! LOL

it has been mentioned that he wears his wranglers too tight also :)

Johnnypaycheck
10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
don't be jealous.

Antec
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Dont forget this game will be broadcast over the internet

www.kulpradio.com

or AM 1390

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2008, 10:59 PM
For some reason, I guess I thought Bellville had a BYE with all the posts on an unrelated thread. :doh:

rancher
10-03-2008, 06:52 AM
any word on how the Bellville freshman, JV and junior high teams did this week.

Brahma84
10-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Wharton only has one sub-varsity team, so only the Fr. team made the trip. Haven't heard that score. Also they only had one 8th and one 7th grade team. Bellville's 7th A won 49-0 and Bellville's 8th A was up 21-7 in the 4th quarter. The Jr. High B teams played the Sealy B teams on Tuesday and both Bellville teams won. Some of the JV team will suit up with the Varsity tonight.

rancher
10-03-2008, 08:00 AM
THAT IS WHAT I WAS HOPING TO HEAR. AGAIN, GREAT JOB BY ALL THE COACHING STAFF FOR GETTING EVERYONE WHO PLAYS INVOLVED IN THE PROGRAM. THIS IS HOW AND WHY WINNING PROGRAMS STAY THAT WAY AND AVOID THOSE SUSTAINED DOWN YEARS. GREAT TO HEAR WE HAVE THE NUMBERS OF ATHLETICS WHO WANT TO PLAY BALL. LETS ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO PLAYS TO KEEP IT UP.

trg
10-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Freshman beat Wharton last night 28 - 0. Way to go Freshman. And congratulations to the 7th and 8th grade teams on their victories!!! Good luck to Varsity tonight. Here's hoping it will be a clean sweep.

I_DONT_CARE
10-03-2008, 09:14 AM
GO TIGERS

TIGER FAN
10-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Go get'm Tigers!!! Bellville has already started another thread on next weeks game. Looks like they are looking ahead of tonight.
Maybe the Tigers can find a way to pull out a BIG upset! --- WE BELIEVE --- :clap:

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
Go get'm Tigers!!! Bellville has already started another thread on next weeks game. Looks like they are looking ahead of tonight.
Maybe the Tigers can find a way to pull out a BIG upset! --- WE BELIEVE --- :clap:

A La Grange poster started that thread after their thursday night game.

TigerFan51
10-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Go Big Blue...it's finally game day and you guys are ready to bring it on!

May both teams play to the very best of their abilities, injury-free and with the utmost of sportsmanship! Let's have some good ole fashioned Texas football tonight!

GO TIGERS!

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I have a feeling that Bellville will come out like they have never done before and will be extremely fired up! Good luck to both teams and as always, let's hope for an injury free game. Safe travel to all, looking for a big crowd from Wharton. :)

36phseal
10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
This game actually concerns me. Wharton has alot to prove and Bellville could actually overlook the Tigers. If that is the case, beware Bulls. These Wharton Tigers played toe to toe with Giddings for awhile. And if you want my honest opinion...should have beaten them.

Good luck to both teams. May you come out injury free for the start of the district races.

BrahmaMom
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I am ready to see a fired up Bellville team take the field!! I don't think the Bulls are looking ahead of tonight--Coach C keeps them focused on the game of the week. We fans may look ahead, but the team stays focused--a good lesson. Let's leave it all on the field tonight, Brahmas!

Pudlugger
10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Good luck to Bellville. I expect a big win out of yall so don't disappoint. We want you undefeated next week. :)

pirate4state
10-03-2008, 03:44 PM
how the heck did this fall to page 2?

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 04:14 PM

Started too fast and just fizzled out. :(

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Dude! It's because there are Sealy threads to be posted on!

forum_guy
10-03-2008, 04:51 PM
i have seen bellville play once this year and personally didnt look impressive at all

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 04:56 PM
No more voting controversy either. :D

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i have seen bellville play once this year and personally didnt look impressive at all

Which game did you see?

BrahmaMom
10-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Bellville should have won that game by 30+. What is with the penalties? We came out fired up, and what fun it was to see, but it didn't last long. We should've shut Wharton out. I give the offense credit--they gave the QB a tad more time and it paid off. The defense carries the games, IMO. But I watched an injured player go to the bench and his teammates wouldn't make room for him--we can't do that and go far. I wish former Brahmas would go talk to the team, they too are frustrated. It is obvious this team isn't playing as a unit. Football is a team sport. I'd like to see more self-discipline to avoid the penalties and team work.

TigerFan51
10-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Bellville should have won that game by 30+. What is with the penalties? We came out fired up, and what fun it was to see, but it didn't last long. We should've shut Wharton out. I give the offense credit--they gave the QB a tad more time and it paid off. The defense carries the games, IMO. But I watched an injured player go to the bench and his teammates wouldn't make room for him--we can't do that and go far. I wish former Brahmas would go talk to the team, they too are frustrated. It is obvious this team isn't playing as a unit. Football is a team sport. I'd like to see more self-discipline to avoid the penalties and team work.
Shoulda...woulda....coulda but the Tigers hung in to the last tick of the clock. You would thiink with an offense on the field most of the game that a huge amount of points woulda been racked up but give the Tiger defense their due. They were not gonna just lay down and give Bellville a win. I take my hat off to the Tiger defense in only allowing six points in the entire second half, no matter how sloppily the offense may have played, if the Tiger defense were really that bad then it just seems to reason that Bellville would've still have been able to score more in the second half.

It's all water under the bridge now and we're looking forward to district play starting next week.

Good game Bellville and good luck the rest of the season!

I liked ya'lls school song...it's my ole alma mater school song too...Hail Lufkin High School, hat's off to you...it brought back some wonderful memories and actually gave me goose bumps when I heard it played. I haven't heard it in over 30 years!

BTownVBall3
10-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Last tick of the clock. . It was a 3 score game. Is there something that I'm missing?

TigerFan51
10-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Last tick of the clock. . It was a 3 score game. Is there something that I'm missing?

I'm not referring to a SCORE but an ATTITUDE of not quitting...capeche? That's my point exactly...seeing how it was a 3 score game, the Tigers could've just thrown in the towel but they didn't! They kept playing until the very end.

BrahmaMom
10-06-2008, 11:48 AM
No doubt the Tigers fought all the way--hats off to them. My reference was that Bellville should have been more disciplined and scored more. No, the Tigers were great opponents. Let's get ready for district, Bulls!