PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell vs. Madisonville

Global Swarming
09-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Calswell had their way with Madisonville 52-28. Gave up a couple of garbage touchdowns late with the 2nd teamers. But overall a good game for the Hornets.

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Calswell had their way with Madisonville 52-28. Gave up a couple of garbage touchdowns late with the 2nd teamers. But overall a good game for the Hornets.

Congrats Hornets. Makes the matchup with Navasota in two weeks alot more interesting.

Global Swarming
09-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Oops can't even spell my hometeam right lol.

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Oops can't even spell my hometeam right lol.

No problem...We all understood...:D

Necks_Fan
09-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Does Whaley just have 0 talent around him or what? They can't seem to beat anybody even though they supposedly have a STUD Rb.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Way to go Caldwell!! :clap: :clap:

Global Swarming
09-27-2008, 12:27 AM
We knocked Whaley out of the game in the 2nd quarter. He didn't play the 2nd half. He was limping around out there pretty good. The had another good running back that got hurt in their last game. I think that he's out for the rest of the season the way I understood it. They have alot of big boys but not alot of talent right now.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2008, 12:32 AM
How did the RB do Surovic kid that played well vs bellville?

Global Swarming
09-27-2008, 12:50 AM
To tell you the truth I really don't know. This is the first game that I went to this year. I didn't have a program. There are alot of new kids on the team and there isn't much seating so I didn't have a real good view for the most part.

navscanmaster
09-27-2008, 12:52 AM
We knocked Whaley out of the game in the 2nd quarter. He didn't play the 2nd half. He was limping around out there pretty good. The had another good running back that got hurt in their last game. I think that he's out for the rest of the season the way I understood it. They have alot of big boys but not alot of talent right now.
Brock Taylor was out. Found that out the other day. You guys knocked Whaley out and made him limp?:(

Global Swarming
09-27-2008, 12:56 AM
He didn't play at all the second half.

ProudHornetMom
09-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Congratulations Hornets on a great win. Once again our "mediocre" team faired well. They are coming into their stride well. All cylinders are clicking and it's very exciting to watch.

I couldn't figure out what Madisonville's scheme was. Going into the game, I thought it would be centered around Whaley but it wasn't. I don't think they used him to his potential. Two or three series they didn't use him except for 3rd downs. You'd think they would keep him in and keep giving him the ball...over and over and over again...and see if anyone could stop him. He is big and good but didn't like to be hit. They have good looking athletes, just not sure what they were trying to do. Someone else may have more insight.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Looks like Caldwell vs Navasota will be a good game, congrats to 2 former teams in last years district.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Congrats, Hornets! :clap: :clap:

Pudlugger
09-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Some sting there Hornets.:D

ProudHornetMom
09-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the congratulatory posts!

Supposedly, the Madisonville coach said that thjey weren't worried about Caldwell, they were worried about Navasota and Rockdale. I agree. No need to worry about the Hornets, we're doing fine. ;)

nasa1
09-30-2008, 09:37 AM
i doubt a head coach would say that he is not worried about a district opponent. how can you not be worried about a team that had a winning record from the previous year and won their last two games? looks like the top three teams could be navasota, cameron and caldwell.....no particular order. best of luck to all.

Pudlugger
09-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Caldwell is looking very strong.

nunya
09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Caldwell is looking very strong.

I dare say the strongest in school history. Thanks for noticing.

Bull's-eye
09-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Caldwell has become very strong and it all started about the time of the Kolache Fest. :thinking:

The Caldwell team that I watched game 1 showed some inexperience and made some "rookie" mistakes. I did see the talent and figured they would get better as the season went along. The Hornets have done that a little quicker than most would expected and will be a force in D24-3A. Those opponents better have a run defense or it may be a long night. IMO, this is the type of team that could knock off Navasota. They can control the clock and keep that high powered Rattler offense off the field.

nunya
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Caldwell has become very strong and it all started about the time of the Kolache Fest. :thinking:

The Caldwell team that I watched game 1 showed some inexperience and made some "rookie" mistakes. I did see the talent and figured they would get better as the season went along. The Hornets have done that a little quicker than most would expected and will be a force in D24-3A. Those opponents better have a run defense or it may be a long night. IMO, this is the type of team that could knock off Navasota. They can control the clock and keep that high powered Rattler offense off the field.

The thing that blew everyone away in the stands was the passing success. You have to understand that we've rarely, if EVER, been known for passing but Trenton Sims did an exceptional job last week. The flea flicker play was beautiful.

Global Swarming
09-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Or anyone else have the stats on the game?

OldBison75
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Caldwell has been impressive since the first week's loss to Bellville. Remember though, Bellville is a very good team. Losing to them is nothing to be ashamed of. This Caldwell team might be playing as good as any team in the state right now. I think that the winner of Caldwell vs Navasota is the district champ and Cameron will be the other playoff team.

Congratulations to the Hornets and I look forward to see yaou and Navasota soon. It will be a barn burner and I hope the Rattlers vastly improved defense will slow down your SLOT T.

ctownlegend
09-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Caldwell sounds like their offense is gonna give every team fits. I do wonder how their defense looks. I think that Navasota can come out with a win over them only because I haven't heard much about Caldwell's D. They seem to be a pretty interesting team though...

Bull's-eye
09-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Remember though, Bellville is a very good team.

Do you think they are a top 25 team?

nunya
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Do you think they are a top 25 team?

Mark my word:
Bellville will advance AT LEAST to the fourth playoff round.

nunya
09-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
Caldwell sounds like their offense is gonna give every team fits. I do wonder how their defense looks. I think that Navasota can come out with a win over them only because I haven't heard much about Caldwell's D. They seem to be a pretty interesting team though...

Caldwell's defense is not as solid as its offense, obviously, but who's "D" is as good as Caldwell's offense has become?
I will say the defense has made nice strides in the past month by utilizing its speed to blitz and swarm to ball carriers like flies on feces.

If you were to describe its typical danger on offense/defense against average 3A teams:

Caldwell 40, Opponents 24

As good as Navasota's offense is, I wonder if they have an adequate "number" of defensive speedsters to stop Caldwell's offense. Navasota will be the closest to Bellville in terms of overall strength. The problem for opponents is, how do you defend five or six offensive players who you never know for sure will be the assigned star carrier of the night.

The Hornets, I believe, don't realize just how far they could go, mainly because of the past "we're just glad to be here" philosophy. To play at Christmas, you have to make that your goal. Otherwise, the bar will forever remain beneath your potential.

ctownlegend
09-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by nunya

I will say the defense has made nice strides in the past month by utilizing its speed to blitz and swarm to ball carriers like flies on feces.

Haha...i like how you described their D!

I think that if Navasota can find SOME way to slow down this offense...Navasota has it. If they cant...get ready for an upset...even though im not sure you could call it an upset with the way Caldwell has been playing recently... :thinking: