PDA

View Full Version : ?? Will Parr Get To Play??

setxsports
09-27-2008, 12:03 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/prep/content/sports/highschools/stories/2008/09/24/09242008wacparr.html

trojan37
09-27-2008, 12:06 AM
I would not put it past Coach Williams to let him come back. From what I understood he is under a curfew. I don't know if it has been lifted or not.

44INAROW
09-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Call me crazy - but I would think 3 or 4 weeks of UNEXCUSED ABSENCES should prevent him from playing..... I'm just funny like that though.

"University Interscholastic League rules would not prevent **** from playing after he has been enrolled in school, according to information on the league’s Web site."

I don't understand this either - wasn't he already enrolled in school?
2 Lawyers? There is alot more to this story.

WOS1
09-27-2008, 12:23 AM
If this kid steps onto the field, it will send the wrong message. Something like this could cause a program to collapse in the long run...

Ranger Mom
09-27-2008, 12:27 AM
heck...I'd be scared to death to tackle him....what if he's packing??:eek:

trojan37
09-27-2008, 12:34 AM
This is nothing new to LV. His brother Kourtney, who has graduated, did the same kind of crap when he was still in school.

JR2004
09-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Modoc is awfully thin now with Ward going down with what looked like a sprained ankle tonight.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Modoc is awfully thin now with Ward going down with what looked like a sprained ankle tonight.
That stinks!

JR2004
09-27-2008, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That stinks!

Sure does. He was having a really good game when he left. Hope it's just minor. He was on crutches, but that could just be precautionary. At least I hope that it is.

WOS1
09-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I would not put it past Coach Williams to let him come back. From what I understood he is under a curfew. I don't know if it has been lifted or not.

Williams saying in the article that it wasn't up to him is nothing but a cop out. I'm sorry, but that IS up to him.

To me, it just wreaks of him having every intention of getting him back on the field as soon as he can.

smash mouth
09-27-2008, 03:31 PM
If the school district has a policy that says if you are charged with a felony then you go straight to Alternative school then NO its not up to him. If he was to plead guilty to a lesser charge - misdemeanor then maybe it would be up to him.

Ranger Mom
09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by smash mouth
If the school district has a policy that says if you are charged with a felony then you go straight to Alternative school then NO its not up to him. If he was to plead guilty to a lesser charge - misdemeanor then maybe it would be up to him.

I have to agree with WOS1...it sounded kinda fishy to me too!

If he is in Alternative school than it is a non-issue, he can't participate in extracurricular activities. If not and he is put back in main stream school, if it's not up to the coach, who IS it up to???

If is probation is revised to include football and no one else has a problem with it...it WILL ultimately be the coaches decision in the end, IMO!!

JR2004
09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

If he is in Alternative school than it is a non-issue, he can't participate in extracurricular activities. If not and he is put back in main stream school, if it's not up to the coach, who IS it up to???

If is probation is revised to include football and no one else has a problem with it...it WILL ultimately be the coaches decision in the end, IMO!!

Well at our school if our principal wants to suspend someone from participating in extra-carricular activities she can do that. I don't believe that it's entirely up to Coach Williams if he plays again.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I would think he (Coach Williams) really wouldn't be able to say one way or the other, at this point. With all the legalities involved, and the school handbook, he may have no choice but to defer the decision.

smash mouth
09-27-2008, 08:57 PM
not sure but I am sure it is more than a one person decision. article makes it sound as if Coach Williams would bring him back but then again the newspaper has ways of twisting what was said as well. It was on the front page of the paper - like there is not enough news going on - their RB being released from jail is one of the top headlines

Ranger Mom
09-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well at our school if our principal wants to suspend someone from participating in extra-carricular activities she can do that. I don't believe that it's entirely up to Coach Williams if he plays again.

That was why I said, "if no one else has a problem with it." I just can't see a principal saying, "HE WILL PLAY" if the coach doesn't want him too.....hence my, "it will be his decision in the end."

See...I thought this out!!
:D

popcorn screen
09-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I think the DAEP law is a choice for schools. You have the right to put a student in DAEP if their is a felony pending. However, I think the school has the right to keep him at the school. Anyone know the correct ruling???

WOS1
09-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm sure that the coach will not have a say on whether or not the kid is in school. But you can't tell me he has no control over who does or does not suit out for his football team. Further, even if there were some type of legality that forced him to let the kid suit out, are you telling me that the school administration tells the coach who does or does not get on the field? I'm sorry, I ain't buying it.