PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 33 Brookshire 8

Bull's-eye
09-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Bellville's defense had a great game, causing several turnovers from the Falcon offense. The Bellville offense struggled to take advantage of those turnovers, but did enough to grind out a convincing win. Bellville also battled the refs, seems like every big play was called back for some kind of penalty. The officials were also very slow at blowing the plays dead and this caused some extra scuffles from both teams. Brookshire played 8-9 players in the box and took away the Bellville nside running game. Falcons have a very good & hard hitting defense, but have no clue on the offensive side of the ball. They do have the athletes capable of breaking the big play, but too many errors to substain any kind of offensive consistancy.

Necks_Fan
09-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville's defense had a great game, causing several turnovers from the Falcon offense. The Bellville offense struggled to take advantage of those turnovers, but did enough to grind out a convincing win. Bellville also battled the refs, seems like every big play was called back for some kind of penalty. The officials were also very slow at blowing the plays dead and this caused some extra scuffles from both teams. Brookshire played 8-9 players in the box and took away the Bellville nside running game. Falcons have a very good & hard hitting defense, but have no clue on the offensive side of the ball. They do have the athletes capable of breaking the big play, but too many errors to substain any kind of offensive consistancy. Exactly what I said.

They have the Athletes

Antec
09-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Wharton's up next for the Brahmas

Tigers were open Friday

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Wharton's up next for the Brahmas

Tigers were open Friday

That should be a good matchup. Where will the game be played?

Necks_Fan
09-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
That should be a good matchup. No it won't. The Brahmas will win by 30+.

HEMOTOXIC
09-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
No it won't. The Brahmas will win by 30+.

I guess we will see...Im sure that everyone thought that Giddings and El Campo would beat Wharton by 30. I think that the Bulls will win, but it could be intertaining.

Necks_Fan
09-27-2008, 12:15 AM
I guess we will see...Im sure that everyone thought that Giddings and El Campo would beat Wharton by 30. I think that the Bulls will win, but it could be intertaining. Good point. Maybe Wharton is getting it together quicker than I thought.

Still think the Bulls win big time.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Bellville's defense held Royal to only 34 yds rushing on 23 attempts. Royal only managed 6 first downs and ended up with 139 total yards. Bellville had 302 total yards, 177 yds on the ground and 125 yds through the air. Nunn rushed for 96 very tough yards on 23 carries.

zebrablue2
09-27-2008, 12:37 AM
congrats to the bellville brahmas. another good win....:clap:

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Bellville fans packed the small visitors stands and fought off those pesty mosquitos. Very poor lighting at this small stadium and way below average food at the concession stands. I got two slices of very bad pizza and noticed they were also selling Avon mosquito spray for $8. What a racket!! They intentionally don't spray the stadium so they can make money off mosquito spray. Somebody said that Brookshire had a great band, but after hearing them chop up our nation's song, I totally disagree. They were entertaing as far as marching and shaking their behinds, but after seeinnq #77 lose his pants through out the game, I saw more than I needed to see. Their band also played at the same time as the Bellville band and that was quite annoying. Sorry Brookshire, this rates as one of my worst places to watch a high school football game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Bellville fans packed the small visitors stands and fought off those pesty mosquitos. Very poor lighting at this small stadium and way below average food at the concession stands. I got two slices of very bad pizza and noticed they were also selling Avon mosquito spray for $8. What a racket!! They intentionally don't spray the stadium so they can make money off mosquito spray. Somebody said that Brookshire had a great band, but after hearing them chop up our nation's song, I totally disagree. They were entertaing as far as marching and shaking their behinds, but after seeinnq #77 lose his pants through out the game, I saw more than I needed to see. Their band also played at the same time as the Bellville band and that was quite annoying. Sorry Brookshire, this rates as one of my worst places to watch a high school football game. You forgot to rate the refs? :ditto: :ditto: :2thumbsup

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 01:15 AM
....and where did they find that officiating crew? They wouldn't blow their whistles and they made some very questionable calls. The worst one was when Bellville completed a pass down to the 5 yard line. The flag came flying very late and toward the right side of the Bellville line. It was a holding call, but I didn't see any Royal linemen on that side of the field. :thinking: Sorry to complain about officiating, but this crew struggled through out the game.

BrahmaMom
09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Great summary, Bull's-eye. I am struggling with our offense--no protection to get passes off, no blocking, what the heck. I know we have the personnel. I fear the cohesiveness of this Brahma team--it sure doesn't show on the field to me--and the lack of intensity concerns me. Any feedback? Heard some great hits last night, just like the old days, and our defense is good. Don't like to see opponents gain so many yards each down. We've gotta hold 'em quicker. We will start playing for keeps soon. Let's go, Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 01:56 PM
I thought our offensive game planning was not very good. Royal played 8-9 in the box and dared us to beat them over the top. They constantly brought the blitz on every play and Bellville continued to pound the ball with Nunn. Those delay draws and the slow developing play action passes won't work against this defense. Bellville finally started having success with some sweeps and quick slants. The halfback pass was a great call and the onside kick, following the 15 yd Royal penalty, was a thing of beauty. IMO, we could of ran some more misdirection or reverse plays to counter their pusuit.

BrahmaMom
09-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes, we can mix it up well and should do so more often. Glad this group can pull it off. Makes it lots of fun to watch PLUS we are successful!

ProudHornetMom
09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Congrats Brahmas! :clap: :clap: :clap:

BrahmaMom
09-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks, PH Mom!

TigerFan51
09-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I guess we will see...Im sure that everyone thought that Giddings and El Campo would beat Wharton by 30. I think that the Bulls will win, but it could be intertaining.
It will be interesting...it seems I remember someone who will go unnamed saying in another thread that El Campo would beat Wharton by 50 or 60 points and that Giddings would beat Wharton by at LEAST 30...neither one happened. Yes, this next week should be very interesting.

JR2004
09-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Only 33-8? Not good, not good at all...

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Only 33-8? Not good, not good at all...

Massey had Bellville winning by 22, so nothing wrong with a 25 point win. Bellville did settle for 4 FG's attempts, or they could of possibly scored in the upper 40's. Actually, Royal should of never scored.

trg
09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas. Keep it rolling.

zaley
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Bellville fans packed the small visitors stands and fought off those pesty mosquitos. Very poor lighting at this small stadium and way below average food at the concession stands. I got two slices of very bad pizza and noticed they were also selling Avon mosquito spray for $8. What a racket!! They intentionally don't spray the stadium so they can make money off mosquito spray. Somebody said that Brookshire had a great band, but after hearing them chop up our nation's song, I totally disagree. They were entertaing as far as marching and shaking their behinds, but after seeinnq #77 lose his pants through out the game, I saw more than I needed to see. Their band also played at the same time as the Bellville band and that was quite annoying. Sorry Brookshire, this rates as one of my worst places to watch a high school football game.

When I saw the concession stand selling bug spray, I just really couldn't believe it!! I was amazed. We brought our own. The stands there are very small. It couldn't hold all of the Brahma fans. They need to upgrade!

hookandladder
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Great summary, Bull's-eye. I am struggling with our offense--no protection to get passes off, no blocking, what the heck. I know we have the personnel. I fear the cohesiveness of this Brahma team--it sure doesn't show on the field to me--and the lack of intensity concerns me. Any feedback? Heard some great hits last night, just like the old days, and our defense is good. Don't like to see opponents gain so many yards each down. We've gotta hold 'em quicker. We will start playing for keeps soon. Let's go, Brahmas! \

You have Bellville fans complaining the officiating ( Holding) and BrahamaMom complaining about the offense line not being able to protect the QB. Maybe the Bellville line needs to learn how to hold and not get caught.

Pudlugger
09-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
\

You have Bellville fans complaining the officiating ( Holding) and BrahamaMom complaining about the offense line not being able to protect the QB. Maybe the Bellville line needs to learn how to hold and not get caught.

:1popcorn:

Bull's-eye
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
\

Just need to do a better job of picking up the blitzes or making the right read when the defense brings the house. I know the starting center is out and maybe the right tackle.

rancher
10-01-2008, 07:30 AM
I was at the game, Bellville line is the weak link and will utlimately be the teams down fall. From my observations, if it had not been for the defense, Brookshire-Royal would have won. The line certainly deserved a grade of F for their play in this game. They had better improve fast or they will be watching instead of playing in post district play. As I have stated since the start of the season. The line is slow and physically weak.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by rancher
I was at the game, Bellville line is the weak link and will utlimately be the teams down fall. From my observations, if it had not been for the defense, Brookshire-Royal would have won.

Be careful what you say, people will get the wrong view of the game. If the offense would of took advantage of the opportunities, we would of had a blow out. They didn't, but it was still 33-8. Brookshire Royal was never in this game as the Bellville defense made sure of that.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Bellville's offense ended up with 302 total yards. Not the best, but they did move the ball.

BrahmaMom
10-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I hope to see some improvement in the line this week. We need to give the QB time to get his passes off. I have faith in the Brahmas! Let's get ready for some football! The weather seems to be cooperating--Go Bulls!

Bulligator
10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I hope to see some improvement in the line this week. We need to give the QB time to get his passes off. I have faith in the Brahmas! Let's get ready for some football! The weather seems to be cooperating--Go Bulls!

As I posted on the Wharton game thread:
I don't think you can attribute the blocking woes 100% on the line. More than once, the backs missed their blocks on passing attempts and runs. Several times they let the rusher run untouched. Hopefully the coaches saw that in the film and they are working on that this week.

And, I don't think we've had the same 5 line players start in any of the 4 games. Injuries have taken their toll this year, causing the coaches to shuffle players in different and have some also going both ways being defensive starters.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 02:30 PM
:hijacktd:

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 02:44 PM
This is a Bellville/Brookshire thread, please take your fight somewhere else. :)

Necks_Fan
10-01-2008, 02:46 PM
This is a Bellville/Brookshire thread, please take your fight somewhere else. :) :hand:

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry guys. I closed it & moved it off the board b/c some of the posts were WAY out of line between certain posters and I'm just now getting home.

Here is your thread back.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sorry guys. I closed it & moved it off the board b/c some of the posts were WAY out of line between certain posters and I'm just now getting home.

Here is your thread back.

Were is the way out of line stuff?

pirate4state
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Were is the way out of line stuff? Why would I leave it on here? :doh:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why would I leave it on here? :doh:

To show that some are angels compared to?:D

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
To show that some are angels compared to?:D
:thinking: :thinking: No, that's not it. :D

Bull's-eye
10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Was it that bad?

LH Panther Mom
10-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Was it that bad?
If it wasn't, it would still be on here. They're called "rules". ;)

sinton66
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
This is a Bellville/Brookshire thread, please take your fight somewhere else. :)

It was bad enough that YOU posted this.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: No, that's not it. :D

Come on now, weres the love?:inlove: :D