PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport 30 Argyle24

skins4life
09-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Son said BP scored the winning TD with 6 seconds left

skins4life
09-26-2008, 11:14 PM
It was the 6 points I said just for the wrong team.

slpybear the bullfan
09-26-2008, 11:18 PM
INCREDIBLE ballgame. Hats off to both teams, because it was one hard fought ballgame.

Argyle drove down and kicked a FG to tie with 1:17 left on the clock.

Bridgeport had 3 timeouts left... took the kickoff, and wound up on either 2nd or 3rd down driving down field on a 45yd pass play to the 20. We were excited because we figured a FG would win it. In the end, a pass play for a TD with six seconds left won the game.

#24 for Argyle is a monster. QB was incredible also.

Great game, glad the Bulls won, incredibly impressed with the Eagles.

So... for this season that is two eagles down, one more to go!!!

Budman007
09-26-2008, 11:49 PM
32 senior Bulls this year is correct. A great bunch of kids led by the likes of LB Zack Bracken, OL Will Horner, QB Cameron Green, OL Stewart Price, WR John Arrington and and a whole herd of others. This bunch never gives up and they proved it again tonight! Coach Henson has been looking forward to this group of seniors for a while.

GO BULLS! 4-0 and going strong!

44INAROW
09-26-2008, 11:57 PM
way to go Bridgeport :clap:

Bullaholic
09-27-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd just like to add how proud I am of this season's Bulls---not just because they are undefeated---but for the way they "scrapped" to win in 2 really tough games against Prosper and Argyle. I think it is going to take a good effort by a really good team to give them their first loss. High fives all around Budman007, Slpybear and Bull. Go Bulls!

BullsFan
09-27-2008, 09:57 AM
One of the best ball games I've seen in a long, long time. Hard fought by two great teams. (Although if we had lost, I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much. ;) )

So... for this season that is two eagles down, one more to go!!!

Amen!

VERNONLION#1
09-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Budman007
32 senior Bulls this year is correct. A great bunch of kids led by the likes of LB Zack Bracken, OL Will Horner, QB Cameron Green, OL Stewart Price, WR John Arrington and and a whole herd of others. This bunch never gives up and they proved it again tonight! Coach Henson has been looking forward to this group of seniors for a while.

GO BULLS! 4-0 and going strong!
Looks like the Burk/Bridgeport matchup could determine the District champ. IMO those are the #1 and #2 teams in the district right now. Dont count Vernon out just yet but we will have to improve tremendously to have a chance. Good luck to all as District will begin for most.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 09:59 AM
:eek: :eek: I just noticed that Burkburnett/Bridgeport is one of the district openers!

VERNONLION#1
09-27-2008, 10:05 AM
They play at Bridgeport too!

Bullaholic
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Looks like the Burk/Bridgeport matchup could determine the District champ. IMO those are the #1 and #2 teams in the district right now. Dont count Vernon out just yet but we will have to improve tremendously to have a chance. Good luck to all as District will begin for most.

Thanks VLion#1---I remember lots of years when the shoe was on the other foot when palying some really good Vernon teams. I will never be able to take a Vernon team lightly, they always seem to have some really athletic kids. Best of luck to your Lions---except our game, of course.

Bullaholic
09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: :eek: I just noticed that Burkburnett/Bridgeport is one of the district openers!

Indeed it is, LHPM---and its going to 'nother good un'. How is your team doing? :D

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How is your team doing? :D
We're pretty decent. ;)

sinton66
09-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Congrats Bulls. Sounds like you guys are back where you belong.

Bullaholic
09-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Congrats Bulls. Sounds like you guys are back where you belong.

Thanks, 66. We can't claim anything yet, but it sure is good to be back on the winning side of things. All credit to a gutsy bunch of kids and good coaches.

Coach Danny Henson was honored in Bull Stadium last night for his 100th career victory in 15 seasons at Bridgeport. While not as impressive as some of the legends yet, we are really delighted with how Coach Henson has energized football in Bridgeport. I remember the 93' season when he took a 0-10, perennial doormat Bridgeport team to 11-2 in his first season, and we haven't looked back yet. We, the fans, are spoiled each week getting to watch his teams perform on the field.

BTW---glad to see the Pirates having a good season and returning to form. Best of luck to Sinton.

VERNONLION#1
09-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks VLion#1---I remember lots of years when the shoe was on the other foot when palying some really good Vernon teams. I will never be able to take a Vernon team lightly, they always seem to have some really athletic kids. Best of luck to your Lions---except our game, of course.

I guess all teams have down years and as bad as I hate to say it Vernon may very well be at that point. Hopefully we can get on track.

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Congrats to the Bulls!! :clap: :clap:

sinton66
09-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks, 66. We can't claim anything yet, but it sure is good to be back on the winning side of things. All credit to a gutsy bunch of kids and good coaches.

Coach Danny Henson was honored in Bull Stadium last night for his 100th career victory in 15 seasons at Bridgeport. While not as impressive as some of the legends yet, we are really delighted with how Coach Henson has energized football in Bridgeport. I remember the 93' season when he took a 0-10, perennial doormat Bridgeport team to 11-2 in his first season, and we haven't looked back yet. We, the fans, are spoiled each week getting to watch his teams perform on the field.

BTW---glad to see the Pirates having a good season and returning to form. Best of luck to Sinton.

Thanks, the Pirates may not yet be fully back either, but it's looking good so far.

kepdawg
09-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Ok...who has the group hug smilie?

Bullaholic
09-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

LOL--Old folks still have manners, kep. :D :tongue:

sinton66
09-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

We've been friends for a long time my man.;)

westcoast54
09-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I've been coaching in 3A ball for ten years now and the job Coach Henson and his staff do is amazing. Sure they have a down year or two every now and again but they always seem to pop back up. Congrats to him, his staff, and his players. Good luck in district play. Don't beat up on us too bad either.