PDA

View Full Version : Elgin 41 Giddings 30

jrhernandez7
09-26-2008, 10:48 PM
was in elgin this evening so stoped by the game to watch, wow turnovers early put giddings in a big hole, elgin had some athletes but are not world beaters either, hmm, district gona be mighty intresting. the buffs look suspect in some areas and conditioning looked a key to in there lineman, dis25 just got lil more intresting

Pudlugger
09-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Congrats to Elgin on beating a good Giddings team.

Chopblock
09-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Congrats to our Elgin boys, keep it going

Pudlugger
09-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
hmm, district gona be mighty intresting. the buffs look suspect in some areas and conditioning looked a key to in there lineman, dis25 just got lil more intresting

Indeed!

Buffgal
09-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Hard to watch, even harder to watch the players try to get the crowd to support them and they get little to no response.

Fumbled kickoff, Elgin scores, 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, put us back on the 20 yd line, untouched defender, blocked punt, Elgin scores, Giddings runs the ball, Elgin defenders (about five) pile on for the tackle, Giddings runner keeps fighting for yardage, forward progress stops but Giddings runner not down still standing up, Referee right there but no whistle, Elgin defender takes the ball away, looks at the referee like "I can run, right?" and takes it 25 yards for the 3rd score.
FIRST SEVEN MINUTES Giddings down 20-zip. It got a little better after this but not much.

It was almost like watching a team say "let's see how many mistakes we can make and then come back and win?" I know the answer, "every one you can possibly imagine" and guess what? " You can't win against anybody playing like that".

Elgin Falke was a great athlete, strong, quick and kept moving and bouncing around off tackles. Elgin team should be very proud of themselves for the win and for the intensity they brought onto the field. Just make sure you play hard and act like winners, the beating of your chest and pointing to the opposing crowd does not make a good impression.

Elgin came to play, Giddings not even remotely there mentally. NONE OF THEM......including THE CROWD.

Warning: Next game, I'm packing signs and more noisemakers than usual. If you don't want to hear my "support for the Buffs", then stay away from my area of the bleachers.

I care about these boys too much to just sit there and stare when they start waving their arms asking for just a little noise from the crowd. The Buffs need to get themselves mentally in these football games and the crowd needs to step up and help them get there. OK, I'm going to go and make another pot of coffee. I'll stay off the computer for a few days, it'll take that long for this caffeine to wear off.

1st and goal
09-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow, is right. 3 or 4 turnonvers in the 1st half which led to scores. Giddings needs to work on holding on to the ball and catching kickoff balls. I think there was at least 1 turnover in the 2nd half. They played much better ball in the 2nd half.

OTOH, you can tell Elgin's defense is coached to strip and go for the ball at every opportunity. This can obviously work in their favor most of the time but I saw 1 tackler go for the ball instead of tackling in the last quarter and the running back made it in the endzone.

One ref was pathetic, the one with the white hat. If you read this, its time you retire sir. I don't normally call out refs but this was pathetic. Obvious offensive holding not called multiple times etc. Gave Elgin a free timeout for a PAT. This guy was NOT neutral.

If you play Elgin, you better hold on to the ball when getting gang tackled.

Elgin has some speed and some big atheletes. They will hold their own in their district.

Pudlugger
09-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Elgin and Lockhart will likely fight it out for D17 4A title. Both teams will make it to the playoffs.

giddings4life88
09-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Elgin team should be very proud of themselves for the win and for the intensity they brought onto the field. Just make sure you play hard and act like winners, the beating of your chest and pointing to the opposing crowd does not make a good impression.

Buffgal, the somewhat 5 unsportsmanlike penalties on giddings didn't bode well either buddy.

Buffgal
09-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes, you are right, I should have pointed that out also but thought I had already said enough about the Buffs play, or lack of.

Buffs did pay the price in penalties for their unsportsmanlike actions. Elgin, however, got away with alot of unsportsmanlike actions that were of the obvious kind, you know the kind that any dumb Mom like me can see. :mad:

:( Let's get our bumps and bruises mended and get ready for the next one so that we can get these kinks lined out for district. Bring the WAO for four quarters.

Additup
09-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Giddings was behind 21-0 and 41-14. The Giddings players kept fighting closing the gap to 41-30 by the end of the game when they could have shut it down and chalked it up to "just not our night".

I have no doubt that Giddings will fix the fumbles and penalties and they will be better for playing this game.

nunya
09-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Where, oh where, are our Giddings regulars now?

Bull's-eye
09-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by nunya

That's not very nice. :(

buff4ever
09-28-2008, 09:00 PM

I am here, been busy this weekend.

Giddings played like crap, is that what you want me to get on here and say. YEAH, YEAH it had been 2 1/2 weeks since we had played a game and we came out looking like it. The thing is that in that game, giddings fumbled the ball and pitched the ball to no one as well. That tells me these boys were under the impression that they can beat these teams w/o doing the little things and being completely mentally ready.

Buffgal, if you have a relationship with the one or two boys out there waving their arms to the crowd, tell them to keep their head in the game and focus on their job at hand. Let the cheer leaders get the crowd into it. The crowd always does a great job w/o the players help, unless of course they have to watch that crap we were watching in the first quarter the other night and against a lesser wharton.

Maybe this is what our boys needed, a loss from someone other than #1 LH. They got to play like crap against wharton and pull it out by 20 in the second half, but not this time. Now let's see if they can get their heads on straight and play a game like we did against LH or maybe even La Vernia.

On the referees, they had nothing to do with the outcome, but yes Elgin got away atleast 10 times with holding or tackling or laying on masek #7 forcing the play back inside. I know our coaches were about to get flagged arguing with the line judge about it, but the umpire refused to see it for some reason beyond me.

I think our boys will be alright, but something has to be seriously wrong with them to allow this many turnovers on careless acts. It has to do with being mentally prepared. This prolly comes from the top not requiring the little things that prevent these problems in games. In the past 3 years, the talent was so high across the board that it didn't stand out, we are still talented enough to win this district, but obviously not 10 and 0 like the past couple years, but little things are now required to win this district with this team. Magine that is hard to install now that the top hasn't required it up to this point.

Bull's-eye
09-28-2008, 09:34 PM
The good thing is that Giddings made mistakes that can and will be corrected.

buff4ever
09-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The good thing is that Giddings made mistakes that can and will be corrected.

You are right for the most part, this part about these kids thinking it will be as easy for them as the past couple years has got to stop. Like I said, the little things can bite you in the butt in a close game.

We are still talented, and a team to be reckoned with for sure.

buff4life
09-28-2008, 09:40 PM

I'm here and i've posted about the game...its too easy to make you mad and too hard to make me mad so you can keep trying since people warned you about me and stuff...but o wait look who's trying to start stuff...and unlike you I WILL still be here when or if my team starts to struggle...you sir or madam or kid whatever it may be seem to be nothing more than a tshirt fan...

but I refuse to blame a game on the refs but it was getting old watching #7 get his ankle grabbed or jersey ripped off when he tried to get the play back inside...I'm not saying in anyway that changed the outcome of the game or the refs were completely lopsided in favor of elgin (my point of view or opinion may vary but i won't voice it) I can deal with missed holding calls and stuff when there in the middle of the field and it takes a keen eye to see it from the stands, but when it happens every 2 out of 3 plays in the open and a kid dives from behind at a defenders ankle to stop him from making the play and ripping him down from behind doesn't do the kid justice of him giving 110 percent to make the play, i'm proud he didn't just give up after a while

ProudHornetMom
09-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Every team has an off night and when it happens on a night with bad calls it's double jeopardy. I have no doubt that the Buffs will come back strong and finish the season well and be in the playoffs.

buff4life
09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Every team has an off night and when it happens on a night with bad calls it's double jeopardy. I have no doubt that the Buffs will come back strong and finish the season well and be in the playoffs.

Thanks for the support PHMom!!! :)

ProudHornetMom
09-28-2008, 10:26 PM
You're welcome. :D

Chopblock
09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I was not at the game since I no longer live there, I can only comment on what I know
Elgin changed chapters this year, I know from what my dad tells me is that in the Hendrickson game, it was not a well officiated game.
He would know, he officiated back in the days of leather helmets
As far as the earlier comment about Elgin stripping the ball, I can remember Falke stripping one in 7th grade, the whole crew missed it and we blew the whistle. I have seen him strip many balls since he was in 7th grade.
Goo luck to the buffalo's this season

bigcat8
09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
chop,

when was the last time elgin beat giddings?? has it been a while?

buff4life
09-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
chop,

I think it was the second to last year before they moved up to 4A, its was in the last ten years

Pudlugger
09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
I believe they last lost to Elgin in 2003.

cameron91
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
buff 'I know you have took plenty of shots at cameron every chance you get. either about our talent falling off or our coaches scared to play giddings.I told you that giddings would fall off this year. yall are starting to take that slide now.yeah you can find a excuse on each side of the ball , but your defense is giving up more points then your offense is putting up. without a fritzhenry at QB well you know yall are what 2-5 overall .with the way that distric stacked upped , yall could just be home for the playoffs..:D

nunya
09-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
buff 'I know you have took plenty of shots at cameron every chance you get. either about our talent falling off or our coaches scared to play giddings.I told you that giddings would fall off this year. yall are starting to take that slide now.yeah you can find a excuse on each side of the ball , but your defense is giving up more points then your offense is putting up. without a fritzhenry at QB well you know yall are what 2-5 overall .with the way that distric stacked upped , yall could just be home for the playoffs..:D

mmm, hmmm.

WOS1
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Is the playoff bracket still set up where, if Giddings and WOS both win their districts and win the first round they play in the second?

cameron91
09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
so far this season giddings is 1-2 against schools with a winning record.it's still early to crowd them king.right now their in last place in their distric :D , not saying the will make up for lost ground.but with their weak defense , I just don't see them playoff bound.:D

just playin buff..I hope yall get it together a make a good run for state...

WEEK 5 and smithville has a better record than YALLLLLL ..

Can yall please take them out of yall top 25 come on..they won 1 game against a team with a winning record and their top 25 material.
:D :D :D :D :D

buff4life
09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by cameron91

I think you really talking to wrong buff...i took a couple but anyway nice try though, but I GUARANTEE Giddings makes the playoffs

and nunya, nice job giving your own thoughts :rolleyes:

cameron91
09-29-2008, 02:03 PM
your're the kewl buff ;) it's dat udda Buff I'm talkin too..

nunya
09-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I think you really talking to wrong buff...i took a couple but anyway nice try though, but I GUARANTEE Giddings makes the playoffs

and nunya, nice job giving your own thoughts :rolleyes:

Just saying the competition level for Giddings is higher than what you've been used to. Good luck though.

gtownfan
09-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Is the playoff bracket still set up where, if Giddings and WOS both win their districts and win the first round they play in the second?

Giddings is Region 4 and WOS is region3. So they would not meet till the semi's, if they get that far. Also depends on the Division they are in.

buff4ever
09-29-2008, 04:01 PM
it's funny all these guys who hate giddings or are having serious problems in their own programs want to get on here and jump at this opportunity.

Okay, I can't blame you, it doesn't come along very often does it. Now, as ugly as our boys played, and as much as they need to pull their head out of their butt; they are okay. We do a couple of things with our head on straight in the first quarter of that game and we beat a seemingly competitive 4a school at their house. Granted we didn't, but maybe that loss puts our boys head on right, and they play to the full potential they have.

buff4ever
09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Just saying the competition level for Giddings is higher than what you've been used to. Good luck though.

What are you talking aobut? I am going to have to stop reading your post, you are a waste of time and effor with knowledgeless post.

Chopblock
09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
chop,

Were you coaching there Big Cat? when they last beat Giddings?
Probably around 02-03

cameron91
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
buff4- I'm not hating, just shooting blanks back at you.you have shot at cameron plenty of times.but it just hwy 77 b/s..i'm just shock too see that the big power house of hwy 77 is in last place in their distric.don't get me wrong D-25 is like the BIG 12 SOUTH or the SEC East right now.:clap: .hey 3 weeks i may be in here eatin crow but until then..I'm going buff hunting every weekend..

good luck ..

nunya
09-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
What are you talking aobut? I am going to have to stop reading your post, you are a waste of time and effor with knowledgeless post.

OK, then I DON'T wish you good luck. :smoker:

.... as if you'll quit reading my posts. You have some sarcastic remark no matter what.

Way to go, Wildcats!

bigcat8
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
lewisville

1st and goal
09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
The boys played pathetic most all of the 1st half.

The white hat head ref (offensive backfield) and sideline ref on our side were even more pathetic, and I do believe they made a difference in the outcome. The ball strip/run back alone could have made it a +7 for us and 7 less for them had we scored.

I wonder if he is the same ref that called last year's game in Lagrange???

buff4life
09-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
The boys played pathetic most all of the 1st half.

The white hat head ref (offensive backfield) and sideline ref on our side were even more pathetic, and I do believe they made a difference in the outcome. The ball strip/run back alone could have made it a +7 for us and 7 less for them had we scored.

I wonder if he is the same ref that called last year's game in Lagrange???

while i may beg to differ about the refs changing the outcome of the game, the line judge on our side had to be the most tentative ref i've ever seen, he constantly had a scared look on his face