garciap77
09-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Beat Fredricksburg 38-0 tonight:D

TWENTY NINE wins in a row:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Panther One
09-26-2008, 11:54 PM
And a week after giving up 49 points and over 500 yards to Brownwood, our D gets the shutout holding Fredericksburg to 91 total yards. The Panthers racked up 524 yards on offense. The three red zone turnovers kept this one from being really lopsided. We have to be thankful that we weren't playing a better team or we might have found ourselves on the wrong end of things like so many other top teams tonight.

trojan37
09-27-2008, 12:40 AM
highlights are about to come on High School Xtra's DQ Game of the Week.

cshscougar08
09-27-2008, 12:46 AM
4 passes tonight?!?!?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

trojan37
09-27-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
4 passes tonight?!?!?!?!

Ain't that scary! you know what's coming and you still can't stop it. Wow!

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
4 passes tonight?!?!?!?!

Doubled our passes for the season. :D

Old Dog
09-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Dang, 4 passes, is this LH's version of the west coast offense (actually west Williamson County)?

themsu97
09-27-2008, 07:17 AM
It was nice meeting you LHPM

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
It was nice meeting you LHPM
Very nice to meet you as well! :)

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 08:32 AM
All I have to say is this...

You Panthers think you are so tough cuz you played a few teams this year that are kinda above average. Well...lets see how you handle playing a bunch of teams (in a row) who are below average. You think you're so tough, I can't wait to see the looks on your faces when you beat the crap out of them. The boredom will set in, you will get fat and slow, and your thoughts will drift to things like "I wonder whats playing on the WB right about now?"...just as your kicker misses yet another PAT.

It's coming.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

You Panthers think you are so tough cuz you played a few teams this year that are kinda above average. Well...lets see how you handle playing a bunch of teams (in a row) who are below average. You think you're so tough, I can't wait to see the looks on your faces when you beat the crap out of them. The boredom will set in, you will get fat and slow, and your thoughts will drift to things like "I wonder whats playing on the WB right about now?"...just as your kicker misses yet another PAT.

It's coming.
Hahaha! Nice presentation! And now the "district foe" wimbo comes out. :D

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hahaha! Nice presentation! And now the "district foe" wimbo comes out. :D

You think I'm kidding. You'll see.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 08:43 AM
You think I'm kidding. You'll see.
WB :hand: :hand: :p

LHexPlayer
09-27-2008, 08:44 AM

It's coming.

hahaha Jokes on you buddy. I'm already fat and slow.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
hahaha Jokes on you buddy. I'm already fat and slow.

Yeah....but are you bored??? You'll see. It's coming.

catdaddy
09-27-2008, 09:25 AM
The boredom will set in, you will get fat and slow, and your thoughts will drift to things like "I wonder whats playing on the WB right about now?"...just as your kicker misses yet another PAT.

You've lost what little mind you had. :crazy1: Guess the mods need to change your name to wimbo_am. :lies:

espn1
09-27-2008, 09:31 AM

It's coming. That's stupid! Athletes don't have time to set around and think like that! They have a strong work ethic and always lifting and practicing! Only a fat person on a message board would have time to think like that!

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by espn1
That's stupid! Athletes don't have time to set around and think like that! They have a strong work ethic and always lifting and practicing! Only a fat person on a message board would have time to think like that!

Who you calling fat?????????

espn1
09-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Who you calling fat????????? I was actually generalizing! You do have a point about growing complacent with a weak schedule!

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I was actually generalizing! You do have a point about growing complacent with a weak schedule!

OK, good...to be called generally fat versus specifically fat makes all the difference. :D

espn1
09-27-2008, 09:48 AM
At the beginning of the season I thought 8 3A was one of the toughest districts in the State. I now know it is one of the weakest. The upside is that LH's 2nd teamers will get a lot of playing time and that will help in the playoff's.

espn1
09-27-2008, 09:49 AM
OK, good...to be called generally fat versus specifically fat makes all the difference. :D Now that's funny! I don't care who ya are!

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 09:53 AM
The upside is that LH's 2nd teamers will get a lot of playing time and that will help in the playoff's.
It will also help for next year. :)

ProudHornetMom
09-27-2008, 10:03 AM
All I have to say is this...It's coming.

What's coming is LH's 3rd state title IN A ROW.:cool:

There's no rule that wins have to be pretty. LH's ugly wins are still wins and in the end come out all pretty in a row. There's not a team in Texas who doesn't wish they were LH's ugly sister if they could have their program and wins.

The discipline of programs like LH doesn't allow complacency because of the structure of the program and the expectations of Coach Vance. What some view as being complacent with the weaker teams is self control in trying not to run it up on those weaker teams.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
What some view as being complacent with the weaker teams is self control in trying not to run it up on those weaker teams.

And we thank them for that.

Panther One
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
The good thing is that we play Wimberley and Llano in games nine and ten, so that'll help get us going for the playoffs. If we ended with Ingram and Canyon Lake, that would be bad. Fortunately, they're sandwiched in the middle. Records don't matter with Wimberley, and the week ten matchup with Llano could be for the district title, depending on how things play out. That should get us ready for round one, which could be China Spring if Gatesville misses the playoffs.

espn1
09-27-2008, 10:20 AM
The true beauty of a ground attack! Even if you score 50, no one can accuse you of running up the score!

wimbo_pro
09-27-2008, 10:24 AM
The true beauty of a ground attack! Even if you score 50, no one can accuse you of running up the score!

Ummmm...wrong. If you keep your 1st string in the entire time when you are up by 5 TD's or more, one can make the argument that you are indeed running it up. Its not the score that is the only indicator, its the player rotation. Putting in 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 4th quarter is the right thing to do for many reasons...mostly to allow kids a chance to play who otherwise wouldnt play much. Sounds like LH is doing just that...which is the right thing, IMO.

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
The good thing is that we play Wimberley and Llano in games nine and ten, so that'll help get us going for the playoffs.
The much needed BYE week is late in the season for us, so I'll just say "watch out Llano". :D