PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer -vs- Daingerfield

IHStangFan
09-26-2008, 08:11 PM
apparently it's 21-0 Gilmer w/ about 5 mins left in the 1st half.

Buckeyeman
09-26-2008, 08:34 PM
At half Gilmer 35 DF 0

bobcat1
09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow!

CHS_89
09-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I expected a Gilmer win. But not a blowout by halftime by gilmer.

Buckeyeman
09-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Gilmer 42 DF 0 8:38 left in the 3q

99IHSMustang
09-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Gilmer 42 DF 0 8:38 left in the 3q

Holy Cow... What happened to Dangerfield.

Buckeyeman
09-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Gilmer 49 DF 6 in 4th

gobbler grad
09-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Gilmer 49 DF 6 in 4th

and you thought Daingerfield would hang...:thinking:

Buckeyeman
09-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Final
Gilmer 49
DF 18

easttexas3a
09-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Gilmer played lights out on Defense tonight in the first half. they only gave up about 100 yards, and were able to contain a very speedy Daingerfield Offense. In the second half they gave up some points late in the game, dfield I believe scored their first TD with 1 minute or so left in the third. Idk if our backups were totally in, but our backups did play the entire 4th quater, and gave up the 2 scores late. Gilmer's D is getting better and better each week.

Gilmer's offense finally put an entire game together, the running game was much better, and with that it allowed Stump to not have to force eveyrthing, and since he had time and didn't have so much on his shoulders he played a great game. He was something like 7 of 9 for 175 yards and 4 TD's in the first half.

Wait I found curious was I saw that Celina played within a point of a very good Whitehouse Team, and lost to this same Daingerfield team. I think Daingerfield was a good team, and will be one of the best teams in 2a, but Celina must have been really off that night. Of course I'm sure Dfield that night also played the game of their lifes, while in tonights game they just never got going. It was one of those games where it was over after the first few drives. Good win for the bucks on the road, now its time for district.

JR2004
09-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Can some Buckeye fans tell us exactly what happened here? Grant got a text at the game we were at that said it was 35-0 at the half. That's pretty darned impressive to just demolish them like that. Sounds like the Tigers got taken out behind the woodshed tonight!

easttexas3a
09-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Basically, the opening kickoff daingerfield fumbled, bucks recovered on the 23 yard line and 3 plays later scored. Daingerfield comes out, first offensive snap and they get sacked, they go 3 and out. 4 or 5 plays later gilmer scored again to make it 14-0. Daingerfield coems out and has a little bit of a drive that sputters near midfield. Gilmer then had about a 70 yard drive, maybe 7 or 8 plays and score again. Thsi all happened with about 5 mins left in the first. . With it being 28-0 with about 1minute and 30 left in the 2nd quarter Gilmer drove and scored another Touchdown right before half to almost end the game. To start the 3rd Gilmer got the ball, they march down and score, Daingerfield gets the ball and goes 3 and out, Gilmer gets it back and scores again, 2nd stringers played most of the game from then on out, Daingerfield Scored with about 50 seconds left in the 3rd, and the rest late in the game. Gilmer had two fumbles, one in the first, and one in the 4th. Both of them occured inside the 10.

Daingerfield has struggled with the buckeyes the last few years, I thoguht because they were at home, and because of the win against Celina it would be a tough tough game. However, it was not, daingerfield kind of had that look like, what the heck is happening.

Aesculus gilmus
09-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Okay, I can't resist. I finally got one right on the "Poll" thread:

Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer will win going away. It'll be over by halftime.

It used to be D'field could just show up on a field and intimidate the other team. Those days are long gone.

pirate4state
09-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CHS_89
I expected a Gilmer win. But not a blowout by halftime by gilmer. I tried to tell you! :p I think my prediction was 45/48-21 Gilmer :D

Buckeye80
09-27-2008, 02:48 PM
The best way to describe this game is that the Buckeyes kicked the dog "crap" out of the Tigers. It was never close, competitive, or in doubt. Daingerfield apparently thought that beating Celina was enough to beat everyone else. But, (and I'm just guessing here) Celina does not have near the number of athletes that Gilmer has. We "out-athleted" Daingerfield at every position, and the defense just smothered them the entire game. The defensive line dominated Daingerfield's O-line the whole night, which I'm guessing is a direct result of being man-handled by a (avg 273lb) O-line last week.

Daingerfield caught the wrath last night! The Buckeyes were good and pissed going into this one, and it showed! Great game Buckeyes! That was Buckeye football last night! And the losing end of a 49-18 score could not have happened to a worse bunch of arrogant trash-talking punks!!! Buh bye Tigers!

(For those of you who may not know, quite a bit of hatred exists between the cities of Gilmer and Daingerfield.:D )

sinton66
09-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
(For those of you who may not know, quite a bit of hatred exists between the cities of Gilmer and Daingerfield.:D )

Wow, I would never have guessed.;)

Buckeye80
09-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Wow, I would never have guessed.;)

Oh no. I'm serious! I hate them!:D

thatboiwes
09-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Buckeye80 and easttexas3a pretty much sumed up the game. Gilmer dominated from the opening kickoff, literally. Either Daingerfield played to their highest potential against Celina or Celina is HIGHLY overrated this year. Maybe both. I knew that a lot of good would come from the loss to Kilgore last week. That was one of the greatest games that I have ever seen Gilmer play and I haven't missed but maybe 5 since JT arrived. Some stats thanks to "j-hawks" of SDC:

Half time stats:

Gilmer
Pass: 7 for 9 for 179 yds and 4 TD's
Rush: 23 for 172 yds 1 TD
Total plays: 32
Total Yds: 351
1st downs: 15
Fumbles: 1
Punts: 0
3rd down conversions: 2 of 2
Time of possesion: 8:27

D-field
Pass yds: 51
Rush yds: 70
Total yds: 121
1st downs: 8
Punts: 3
3rd down conversions: 6 of 11
TOP: 15:33

Final Stats

Gilmer
Pass yds: 260
Rush yds: 306 on 37 carries
total yds: 566
1st downs: 23
Total plays: 54
Fumbles: 2
Punts: 1
Time of Pos: 18:32

D-field
Pass yds: 110
Rush yds: 216 on 50 carries
Total yds: 326
1st downs: 19
Total plays: 69
Punts: 4
TOP: 29:28

Buckeye80
09-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I feel very confident that Chapel Hill will finish 2nd in the district and be the D1 rep. But I'm not ready to count Bullard out of the 3rd spot! They have a very good offense, and both Tatum and Spring Hill are playing like hammered crap this year! Sure Spring Hill beat Van!
Who the hell is Van this year? They beat up on schools like Grand Saline and wonder why they aren't ranked higher!
Bullard might just surprise some folks and beat out those two for the last playoff spot. Gladewater will finish in the cellar.

thatboiwes
09-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I feel very confident that Chapel Hill will finish 2nd in the district and be the D1 rep. But I'm not ready to count Bullard out of the 3rd spot! They have a very good offense, and both Tatum and Spring Hill are playing like hammered crap this year! Sure Spring Hill beat Van!
Who the hell is Van this year? They beat up on schools like Grand Saline and wonder why they aren't ranked higher!
Bullard might just surprise some folks and beat out those two for the last playoff spot. Gladewater will finish in the cellar.

Gladewater did have a really good showing against Pleasant Grove. They nearly came away with a win in that game.

kaorder1999
09-27-2008, 03:50 PM
man...Gilmer must be good!

Buckeye80
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
man...Gilmer must be good!

Meaning?

(We already assume we'll win this district??)

easttexas3a
09-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa, hold your horses, Celina is a great team, Whitehouse scored in the last minute of the game to beat them by one point, and if your at all familiar with those guys you know they will probably be favored to beat that Kilgore team that handed us our lose.

kaorder1999
09-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Meaning?

(We already assume we'll win this district??)

meaning Gilmer must be good. How was that confusing?

Buckeye80
09-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Whoa Whoa Whoa, hold your horses, Celina is a great team, Whitehouse scored in the last minute of the game to beat them by one point, and if your at all familiar with those guys you know they will probably be favored to beat that Kilgore team that handed us our lose.

Great??? Sorry! You're wrong. Great teams in 3A would not lose to that team that we saw last night! Daingerfield would beat some mediochre 3A's but not any great ones. WOS, LH, AW, LV, and BW would all slaughter D'field just like we did! No my friend, Celina is not a great team.
And just having Attaway back doesn't make 08 Whitehouse the same team as 07 Whitehouse. The Cats are down this year. Kilgore will roll them!

Buckeye80
09-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
meaning Gilmer must be good. How was that confusing?

No offense. That comment just came at an odd part of the thread. I assumed there was an underlying meaning. LOL :D

lostaussie
09-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Whoa Whoa Whoa, hold your horses, Celina is a great team, Whitehouse scored in the last minute of the game to beat them by one point, and if your at all familiar with those guys you know they will probably be favored to beat that Kilgore team that handed us our lose. after seeing both Kilgore and Whitehouse i say Kilgore will spank them. Whitehouse lacks at the reciever and line positions.

waterboy
09-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Okay. I wanna put my 2 cents in. Gilmer played lights out Friday night. I haven't seen that kind of domination by the Buckeyes (against a good team) in ALL aspects of the game since '03 against this same Daingerfield team, a bi-district game the Buckeyes won 43-0. They came out on fire! From the kickoff, which the Tigers fumbled to the Buckeyes, to about 2/3 of the way through the 3rd quarter when there were wholesale substitutions, the Buckeyes completely dominated. The offense looked crisp, to say the least, after their lackluster performance against a good 4A Kilgore team. I think the loss actually helped this team in that it showed a couple of weaknesses that needed work. I think they corrected some of those problems and it showed. I am proud of the DEFENSE the Buckeyes have been playing! They are quick, quick, and fast! Oh, and did I say quick? Great job by the Buckeyes!

As for the Tigers win against Celina, I think the Bobcats underestimated them to an extent. That mental edge they usually have against most opponents didn't work against Daingerfield. The Tigers weren't intimidated at all and probably played the game of their lives. I'm not buying into this Celina is way down this year thing. They may not be as good as they were the last couple of years, but they are plenty good enough to get 2 to 3 rounds deep into the playoffs, and further if they keep improving.

And Buckeye80, I think you're wrong on the third spot in our district. I think it'll be Gladewater. Bullard let Rusk come back and beat them in OT Friday night. I don't think Bullard has the defense to win that third spot. The Bears took Pleasant Grove down to the wire and lost by 3 points on a last second FG, and PG is a quality opponent. From what I've seen so far this year, none of the other teams including Tatum have shown they have what it takes this year.

SLIKK
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I think you Cluckeyes have made your point.. You did absolutely dominate my Daingerfield Tigers.. But that does not dismiss everything we've accomplished so far this season, we have alotta young core players that have gained so much experience this pre-district, it was well worth the effort...

We beat 3 of your beloved 3A schools, Celina, Commerce & Atlanta... Plus one of the most solid 2A programs in East TX with Pewitt...4-1 w/ that schedule going into our bye week, who could ask for anything more... We scheduled two top 10 3A schools that no one on earth thought we could compete with and actually beat one of them...

Say what you want but Tiger football is for real, good job, you beat up the lil guy... Now its our time to shine above the rest in OUR class !!

I think Traylor knew what he was doing when he scheduled D'field, he figured coming off a Kilgore loss it would be good to play a team that would be inferior at almost every position... It was a great choice because of the history his kids would never overlook us, but he knew all along who would win this football game... The days of us competing w/ Gilmer are over, we've just fallen in size for too long, are we scared to play em, hell no... I don't see other 3A schools knocking on their door, we'll accept any challenge, sometimes with attitude you're gonna take one on the chin from time to time...

The idea that Gilmer and Daingerfield hate each other is absolutely absurd.. We have a bitter rivalry for the week we play each other, but afterwards its nothing but support from MOST fans.. Every town has their idiots, and I can see that some of the Gilmer ones have shown up here...

Congrats to the Buckeye Team, classy bunch of kids and I wish them the best for the remainder of their season !!

kaorder1999
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
No offense. That comment just came at an odd part of the thread. I assumed there was an underlying meaning. LOL :D
none taken...was really just like...wow...they must be good when I saw that score

waterboy
09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SLIKK
Yeah, I think you Cluckeyes have made your point.. You did absolutely dominate my Daingerfield Tigers.. But that does not dismiss everything we've accomplished so far this season, we have alotta young core players that have gained so much experience this pre-district, it was well worth the effort...

We beat 3 of your beloved 3A schools, Celina, Commerce & Atlanta... Plus one of the most solid 2A programs in East TX with Pewitt...4-1 w/ that schedule going into our bye week, who could ask for anything more... We scheduled two top 10 3A schools that no one on earth thought we could compete with and actually beat one of them...

Say what you want but Tiger football is for real, good job, you beat up the lil guy... Now its our time to shine above the rest in OUR class !!

I think Traylor knew what he was doing when he scheduled D'field, he figured coming off a Kilgore loss it would be good to play a team that would be inferior at almost every position... It was a great choice because of the history his kids would never overlook us, but he knew all along who would win this football game... The days of us competing w/ Gilmer are over, we've just fallen in size for too long, are we scared to play em, hell no... I don't see other 3A schools knocking on their door, we'll accept any challenge, sometimes with attitude you're gonna take one on the chin from time to time...

The idea that Gilmer and Daingerfield hate each other is absolutely absurd.. We have a bitter rivalry for the week we play each other, but afterwards its nothing but support from MOST fans.. Every town has their idiots, and I can see that some of the Gilmer ones have shown up here...

Congrats to the Buckeye Team, classy bunch of kids and I wish them the best for the remainder of their season !!
Hey SLIKK! There was one poster on here who mentioned that he hated Daingerfield. I wasn't one of them. I guess after all that typing I did I forgot to rebut that statement. I, and most of the Buckeye fans, have nothing but respect for Daingerfield and their fans. You won't hear me say anything bad about the program y'all have over there right now. There was a time when I hated Daingerfield, back when they showed their arse before and during the games between us, but those days seem to have gone with the coaching changes over the last 5 years. I like to see the sportsmanship they have displayed over the last 5 years. That's changed my whole opinion of them. The Tigers usually give us a tough game, and going into this one, I definitely had my doubts as to whether the Buckeyes would play up to their potential. I've seen flashes of a VERY good Buckeye team capable of making alot of noise in 3A once again. I'm hoping they stay focused and do what it takes to stay on top of their game. Like I've said, I think that loss to Kilgore was probably the best thing for this team. I hope your Tigers treat this loss the same way and fix what problems they've found. I wish the Daingerfield Tigers nothing but success this season, and I think they will find the going much easier the rest of the way. One thing I can say about the Tigers, they ain't skeered of playing nobody, and that's a fact.

Another thing, I'd hate to be a Hughes Springs Mustang come Friday after next!:doh: