PDA

View Full Version : Question for Brownwood Fans.....

Bullaholic
09-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Do you think the Lions would be doing better in their old 4A non-district/district schedule this season than in 3A? (Straight question---no hidden motives or tongue-in-cheek barbs intended).

Necks_Fan
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Do you think the Lions would be doing better in their old 4A non-district/district schedule this season than in 3A? (Straight question---no hidden motives or tongue-in-cheek barbs intended). Of course not.... They all think 4A is far superior to 3A.

kepdawg
09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Do you think the Lions would be doing better in their old 4A non-district/district schedule this season than in 3A? (Straight question---no hidden motives or tongue-in-cheek barbs intended).

I don't see how any argument could made for the non-district schedule but if I had to choose a district I would want this years teams over last years teams.

RunTheFollow
09-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Since they haven't played a district game yet in 3A, they can't really answer that question. Nice try.

Bullaholic
09-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Of course not.... They all think 4A is far superior to 3A.

C'mon now, Necks---we've beat the Brownwood folks to death with that---I hope some of them will be given the opportunity to respond to my question without having to spend a lot of time responding to barbs, and I'm certainly not telling you what to post or not post---I just want to hear it from the Brownwood folks, or any other poster who wants to make a straight analytical response.

Bullaholic
09-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I don't see how any argument could made for the non-district schedule but if I had to choose a district I would want this years teams over last years teams.

Let me simplify my question this way---If Brownwood's 08' team were playing the 07' Brownwood 4A schedule do their fans think that their record would end up better than playing their current 3A schedule based on what they have seen so far? Better?

kepdawg
09-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Let me simplify my question this way---If Brownwood's 08' team were playing the 07' Brownwood 4A schedule do their fans think that their record would end up better than playing their current 3A schedule based on what they have seen so far? Better?

I had no problem with your original question.

BwdLions
09-26-2008, 02:20 PM
As far as the non-district games, the 2008 schedule has been much tougher than the 2007 schedule. Now when we get to district, I would much rather be playing the 2008 schedule with Wylie, S'water, Snyder, Graham & Breckenridge rather than the 2007 disrict schedule with Copperas Cove, Waco, Killeen and Waco Midway and Killeen Ellison. Most of those schools have close to 2000 enrollment and deep benches. Those big schools wear a team down if you don't have plenty of substitutes.

Bullaholic
09-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
As far as the non-district games, the 2008 schedule has been much tougher than the 2007 schedule. Now when we get to district, I would much rather be playing the 2008 schedule with Wylie, S'water, Snyder, Graham & Breckenridge rather than the 2007 disrict schedule with Copperas Cove, Waco, Killeen and Waco Midway and Killeen Ellison. Most of those schools have close to 2000 enrollment and deep benches. Those big schools wear a team down if you don't have plenty of substitutes.

Thank you for the honest reply, BwdLions---I hope we get more--- and I hope any rebuttals are civil and germain to the question.

BwdLions
09-26-2008, 02:28 PM
When we play Wylie, it's almost like playing a 4A team. They've had 4A numbers for years. :D

Bullaholic
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
When we play Wylie, it's almost like playing a 4A team. They've had 4A numbers for years. :D

You're on you own now, Bwd---I can't help you any more.
:D

Rocket
09-26-2008, 02:50 PM
To Necks and all the other people that have misunderstood our stance on the whole 3A issue:

Coming into 3A, we were looking good to go based on what we had last season: Pachall, Vacarro, and Lowe combined with our great receivers. Offensively, I thought we would be much stronger out of the gate, but knew we would probably lose early. I didn't expect to lose against Stephenville and thought we might be able to beat La Vega. Well as you all know, we lost Vacarro and Lowe, 2 important pieces to the puzzle and this has had an effect on Brownwood because of the solid play these 2 would be bringing to the table if still playing. I know this is part of the game and not making excuses. We lost Lowe for a few weeks, then we lost his backup in the Sville game, and now bringing up Sophs to replace him.

Our defense has grown alot in the last few weeks. Anytime you are playing 8 Sophomores the majority of the game you are going to have growing pains. And this has also hit us on the OLine. But they really stepped up against LH and I see the team starting to mature quickly.

As far as the schedules go. It has been backed up and supported by Matthew328 and WOS87 that Brownwood ALWAYS schedules tough opponents in non-district. So this is a toss up between last season and this season. Given our circumstances, I think this season has been tougher to win early, but Brownwood's record should not be what you use to measure their potential. If you would like to use that, go right ahead and I hope our opponents are looking at it as a measuring stick.

The District schedule last season is hands down tougher. No question. That is where the argument comes in that we like our chances in 3A much better. You would be an ignorant fool to argue this and trust me, there are many out there that have argued that on the DL. Given our talent level, I would say we are poised to play well in District and to make a run in the playoffs. Not going to say WE ARE going to win a State Title. No way. Too many good teams out there and the whole further injury/luck/play factor. Do we have a chance to win it? I feel our chances are much better in 3A. Like Bwdlions said, the 4A depth factor, which translates to more talented players.

Looking4number8
09-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Also when it comes to district play compare the team if they played each other. This is only the way I (again only I) would put the in order of strength against each other

3a 4a
Wylie vs Waco High... Waco High wins
Sweetwater vs Copperas Cove... Cove wins
Snyder vs Killeen.... Killeen wns
Graham vs Waco Midway... Midway wins
Breckenrige vs Waco University... University wins

Looking at it this way definetly make the 4A district stronger. Of course this year our old 16-4a includes Ennis and Corcaianna. Even tougher... so yes, I am glad to be in 3A

BEAST
09-26-2008, 06:34 PM
No disrespect to our district this year but last years district would dankey stomp the hell outta this years district.

Very similarly to how we will dankey stomp the hell outta Wylie and the rest of the district!

BEAST

Looking4number8
09-26-2008, 06:48 PM
In my post I am not trying to say this 3A district sucks... not at all. Every week we are going to have to play very hard and discipline football to win, I am just answering the question that last years 4A district was tougher week by week than this years 3A district.

blowfish
09-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I think I would agree that Bwood district schedule this year is a whole lot better than last year. Man that was a brutal district. I can certainly say that with the addition of Graham and Bwood to our district it has become brutal for us this year.

Having said that, woe be to any of the other teams out there when District 2-3A sends it representitives into the playoffs. I like our chances for all three schools from our district even if my Bulldogs are not one of them.

But they will be...:)

garciap77
09-26-2008, 07:11 PM

:iagree:

:D :D :D

garciap77
09-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
To Necks and all the other people that have misunderstood our stance on the whole 3A issue:

Coming into 3A, we were looking good to go based on what we had last season: Pachall, Vacarro, and Lowe combined with our great receivers. Offensively, I thought we would be much stronger out of the gate, but knew we would probably lose early. I didn't expect to lose against Stephenville and thought we might be able to beat La Vega. Well as you all know, we lost Vacarro and Lowe, 2 important pieces to the puzzle and this has had an effect on Brownwood because of the solid play these 2 would be bringing to the table if still playing. I know this is part of the game and not making excuses. We lost Lowe for a few weeks, then we lost his backup in the Sville game, and now bringing up Sophs to replace him.

Our defense has grown alot in the last few weeks. Anytime you are playing 8 Sophomores the majority of the game you are going to have growing pains. And this has also hit us on the OLine. But they really stepped up against LH and I see the team starting to mature quickly.

As far as the schedules go. It has been backed up and supported by Matthew328 and WOS87 that Brownwood ALWAYS schedules tough opponents in non-district. So this is a toss up between last season and this season. Given our circumstances, I think this season has been tougher to win early, but Brownwood's record should not be what you use to measure their potential. If you would like to use that, go right ahead and I hope our opponents are looking at it as a measuring stick.

The District schedule last season is hands down tougher. No question. That is where the argument comes in that we like our chances in 3A much better. You would be an ignorant fool to argue this and trust me, there are many out there that have argued that on the DL. Given our talent level, I would say we are poised to play well in District and to make a run in the playoffs. Not going to say WE ARE going to win a State Title. No way. Too many good teams out there and the whole further injury/luck/play factor. Do we have a chance to win it? I feel our chances are much better in 3A. Like Bwdlions said, the 4A depth factor, which translates to more talented players.

:iagree:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice post!

P.S. Who's posting for you?;)

garciap77
09-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
No disrespect to our district this year but last years district would dankey stomp the hell outta this years district.

Very similarly to how we will dankey stomp the hell outta Wylie and the rest of the district!

BEAST

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket
09-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Looks like 2 weak 4A's beat strong 3A's last night. hmmmm... :thinking: