PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Braun

Gontex
09-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Have any of you folks around Liberty Hill seen my bud Charlie Braun lately? Last I heard of him, he was operating a car service in Burnet.

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2008, 07:48 AM
I saw him last night. One of his grandson's is the freshman QB. :)

My oldest son's class ('03) may be the last group to play when he was on the sidelines at JH games.

LHexPlayer
09-26-2008, 08:10 AM
I see him every Friday night at our games. He's a great guy and family. His wife was my 4th grade teacher.

Gontex
09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Tell him one of his wolf playing golfing buddies from Gonzales said hello. Charlie, Danny, Jim and a couple of others of us met at the golf course and played lots of golf together. We had a great time. There was no silence during your backswing if you know what I mean. There was lots of razzing going on. Is he still in Burnett?

Super_R
09-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I think he sold the shop...but, he works there between rounds of golf. He is living the good life there is not doubt about it.

44INAROW
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
They lived across the street from us when they lived in Cuero. I used to babysit his little girl. His wife had a horrible wreck in the early 70's driving to a basketball game in Yorktown. I'll never forget when the police came to tell him she'd been in the wreck - :( . He was the coach when Cuero made it's appearance at the State Basketball Tourney maybe in 1971? Really liked him. Great guy!

JR2004
09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Random story time...Charlie Braun was one of three finalists in 1995 for the Lampasas head coaching job after Rod Hess left for RR Westwood (Some of the goobers in charge back home thought it wise to not give the Superintendent job to his wife because there was no way a woman could run a school district.). They gave it to Mark Bell instead. That worked out wonderfully for us.

Gontex
09-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Charlie's brother is married to one of my many cousins.

Old Green
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
Charlie's brother is married to one of my many cousins. Coach Braun, if I remember right told us in class, His grandparents were originally from the Gonzales area. Great person and Coach. He has my utmost respect.

44INAROW
09-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Coach Braun, if I remember right told us in class, His grandparents were originally from the Gonzales area. Great person and Coach. He has my utmost respect.

Old Green - do you remember that picture in the CHS yearbook of Coach Braun standing in the center of the basketball court looking up at John Blackwell? (John was probably 6'10") it was a funny picture:D

Old Green
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Old Green - do you remember that picture in the CHS yearbook of Coach Braun standing in the center of the basketball court looking up at John Blackwell? (John was probably 6'10") it was a funny picture:D YEP! I have all my year books and that picture shows a coach with a lot of love in his heart for his students and players.