PDA

View Full Version : How far will USC fall?

Gontex
09-26-2008, 07:07 AM
How far do you think USC will fall in the polls next week? I know it depends on how the other top teams do, but does anyone expect USC not to be in the top ten? Defense looked pretty spotty last night with OSU's small speed back from Lamar Consolidated ripping them all night long.

CueroDad08
09-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Gontex
How far do you think USC will fall in the polls next week? I know it depends on how the other top teams do, but does anyone expect USC not to be in the top ten? Defense looked pretty spotty last night with OSU's small speed back from Lamar Consolidated ripping them all night long.

The way this system is set up they will be right back into the picture by the end of the year.
They will fall to 6 or 7 just being USC.

SteelerCzy
09-26-2008, 07:35 AM
I figure they fall to #5, the pollsters love USC.

Gontex
Originally posted by CueroDad08
The way this system is set up they will be right back into the picture by the end of the year.

That's about what I was thinking. I don't think they will drop from the top ten. Good luck against the Bears tonight. May be a decent game, but I believe the Gobblers will probably win by about three tds. My Apaches are playing 4A Kyle Lehman tonight. Got our butts handed to us last week by LaGrange. I hope the kids can get refocused or tonight may be worse than that one.

zebrablue2
Originally posted by CueroDad08

:iagree:

ziggy29
09-26-2008, 07:38 AM
I'd guess #5 or #6. If USC runs the table from here and there aren't two teams left undefeated at the end -- especially from the SEC and Big 12 -- they're back in the chase.

USC is what Notre Dame used to be -- a team that gets bumped up in the standings on reputation.

Rocket
09-26-2008, 08:23 AM
They should be finished for the season. Happens every year. :rolleyes:

They got beat by an unranked. Period. See ya...

espn1
09-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by SteelerCzy
I figure they fall to #5, the pollsters love USC. :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

raider red 2000
09-26-2008, 08:39 AM
they will fall....alot...i think....because pollsters know they will get back in it....so many of the top 10 tems have to play each other....most are SEC or BIG 12.....so SC can just sit and wait....and hope they start to play better.

the SC line got dominated on both sides of the ball in the 1st half....and it was too late for the trojans to mount a come back.

i say they drop to #8...they are still better than my Red Raiders I would say.

cshscougar08
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Not far enough. Meaning they will still be in the top 10. They shouldn't even be sniffing the top 10. So irksome how much the pollsters kiss USC's butt for anything.

District303aPastPlayer
09-26-2008, 08:56 AM
honestly, i don't see them moving past 4 with how the polls are so attached to SCs posteriors...

espn1
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
they will fall....alot...i think....because pollsters know they will get back in it....so many of the top 10 tems have to play each other....most are SEC or BIG 12.....so SC can just sit and wait....and hope they start to play better.

the SC line got dominated on both sides of the ball in the 1st half....and it was too late for the trojans to mount a come back.

i say they drop to #8...they are still better than my Red Raiders I would say. On any given day they could still beat who ever pops into the #1 slot!

Texasfootball2
09-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Because they lost to an "unranked" team they will drop at least to #8. Because they are "USC" , if they win the next to games by overwhelming margins they will probably move back in to the top #5 by the time the first BCS standings come out in October.

*By Oct 18th, these games will have also been played that will shuffle the top 10 around in USC's favor.

Georgia/Alabama
Texas/Oklahoma
Texas/Missouri
Florida/LSU

Not including other upsets that could take place.

Personally, I think that USC should drop out of the top 10 because the loss was to an "unranked" team, but I doubt they will.

BwdLions
09-26-2008, 09:46 AM
I look for the trojans to fall to at least 12 or 13 in the polls. They should fall farther than that, but after all they are deemed the greatest college football team every year by ESPN. :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
They should be finished for the season. Happens every year. :rolleyes:

They got beat by an unranked. Period. See ya...

I agree. How hard can it be to win in the Pac 10? Come on USC..A mediocre SEC team would absolutly roll Oregon State.

marler1972
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Put it this way Penn State rolled Oregon State so USC should fall behind Penn State.

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Ohio State fell to 14 when they lost to USC. Therefore, USC should fall to 13.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Ohio State fell to 14 when they lost to USC. Therefore, USC should fall to 13.

I think your close. Not in the top 10 but 11-13.

cameron91
09-26-2008, 11:04 AM
thats why the polls should'nt be released until mid season.if NCAA is going to stick with the BCS.NCAA should have rules , where a team loses to a unrank team should fall at leats 10 -15 spots in the polls or completely out of the top 25..JMO

Gontex
09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
They may fall farther in the Coach's poll than they will fall in the writer's poll. Coaches may tend to be a little more pragmatic than the writers.

Texasfootball2
09-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
They may fall farther in the Coach's poll than they will fall in the writer's poll. Coaches may tend to be a little more pragmatic than the writers.

For those of you who don't have a large vocabulary. "Pragmatic" is another word for "practical".:D

Keep coming with the intellectual post Gontex, I'll try to stay on top off the vocabulary for those who need it.

Wow, now we are combining opinions, arguments, & a little education here and there:2thumbsup

JR2004
09-26-2008, 12:51 PM
They will probably be #10 or 11 next week. I'm thinking they'll be #11 though.

Gontex
09-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
For those of you who don't have a large vocabulary. "Pragmatic" is another word for "practical".:D

Keep coming with the intellectual post Gontex, I'll try to stay on top off the vocabulary for those who need it.

Wow, now we are combining opinions, arguments, & a little education here and there:2thumbsup

Dang it man, I can speak anglish as gooder as anybody who is on this here bord. Sorry, didn't mean to go that high on the old chart.

scrub c
09-26-2008, 04:29 PM
USC is still the BEST football team in the NATION (like them or not...) they will not lose again this year... take that to the bank

cshscougar08
09-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
USC is still the BEST football team in the NATION (like them or not...) they will not lose again this year... take that to the bank

If they were the BEST football team in the NATION, then they wouldn't have come out flat last night and laid an egg. The best teams know how to be mentally focused on the task at hand and deal with it appropriately. USC showed last night that it couldn't do that.

Gontex
09-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
If they were the BEST football team in the NATION, then they wouldn't have come out flat last night and laid an egg. The best teams know how to be mentally focused on the task at hand and deal with it appropriately. USC showed last night that it couldn't do that.

If you look at the teams they have beaten, Va., Ohio State, etc. those teams have not fared particularly well in their other games. I think there are a lot of really good football teams out there that can beat anybody on just about any weekend. The need to come out focused with a good game plan is probably more important this year than ever before. USC doesn't really have anybody left on their schedule that is going to help them in the BCS poll. They PAC 10 has shown to be a lesser conference this year which is going to hurt their champion. Big 12 and SEC champions are likely to be playing for the NC this year.