PDA

View Full Version : Play calling

gibby
09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Ok, after watching La Vega last week. I have a question. How many teams still get there plays in by having the QB walk over to the sidelines? This may not be a well responded to post, but I just wanted to know. If you do, or someone you play does, is there a benifit to it?

kaorder1999
09-25-2008, 01:57 PM
I dont really like it because the qb can get tired going from sideline to huddle every snap. But at the same time...sometimes the QB is the only one the play caller trusts to give the play to. Its amazing how many times Ive seen a play accidently changed from the sideline until the time it gets to the qb!

BobcatBenny
09-25-2008, 02:19 PM
+1
(QB to the sideline, that is.)

Emerson1
09-25-2008, 02:26 PM
We used to just cycle in different receivers every play and they would have it. Now we have a card that tells someone what formation, and the QB gets the actual play from signals who then relays it.

Silverback 04
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
I saw a game a couple weeks ago where the receivers were cycling the plays in. At least 3 times you would see the receiver give the play to the QB and the entire huddle would hear it and at the same time they would all look at the coach in total confusion. eleven guys looking at the coach like "What the Hell?"
Funniest thing I've seen on a football field lately. Of course, it wasn't my team so it was even funnier.

By the way, that Briles guy at Baylor has been doing that QB to the sideline thing for years. QB has got to get tired.

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Swing man (QE) brings the plays in here. I think we have 2-3 right now that are alternating coming in.

offduty
09-26-2008, 08:04 AM
in cameron everyone has a wristband with the play on it and the coach just calls a number with the play on it and everybody knows what it is

Bearkat
09-26-2008, 08:54 AM
I see alot of the WR bringing in the play or the QB just running to the sideline. What happened to signals?

CHS_89
09-26-2008, 09:13 AM
I have seen all 11 players looking at the sidelines then looking at their wristbands. Also have seen this year a coach calling signals from the sideline to the QB, QB looks at wristband, then calls the play.

We have receivers and running backs running the play in as we always have.

Pick6
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Swing man (QE) brings the plays in here. I think we have 2-3 right now that are alternating coming in.

2-3 plays? Run left, run right, run up the middle :D

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
2-3 plays? Run left, run right, run up the middle :D
Well, duh, but there's 3 different variations of the left/right/middle thingy depending on who's getting the ball. :p And they have been known to run right, run up the middle, run left, just to keep defenses on their toes! :eek: :eek: :D

Silverback 04
09-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by CHS_89
I have seen all 11 players looking at the sidelines then looking at their wristbands. Also have seen this year a coach calling signals from the sideline to the QB, QB looks at wristband, then calls the play.

We have receivers and running backs running the play in as we always have.

No, the 11 guys looking towards the sideline is with hands raised in confusion, not the ever more popular 11 guys lined up at the line of scrimmage looking for the signals from the coach. That 11 guy look is designed. The 11 guy look I'm talikning about is the mass confusion look.