PDA

View Full Version : Monahans vs San Angelo Lakeview 4-A

WTF-82
09-24-2008, 10:07 PM
San Angelo has a team with a winning record incredible Lakeview is 3-1 of course the wins have come against a couple of 3-A's.

Who wins. Lakeview is dangerous offensively a very good future college QB and a big back and some good receivers. They love to throw the ball. First spread team Monahans faced this year should be interesting. Seen Lakeview twice this year they are lots better defense is still? But really got after Greenwood last week. But I will take the Loboes in a good game.

Loboes 28-17

WTF-82
09-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Loboes will have to play there best game of the year though to win this one. I believe they will.

Loboes 28-17 I hope we have learned to kick extra points this week.

Tres Lobos
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Loboes come out and play lights out for the homecoming crowd.

Loboes 35
Chiefs 14

DukeNukem
09-24-2008, 10:36 PM
that's your sweet a** talking. kids notoriously bring less than their a-game for homecoming week. it will be tough for the loboes to stop lakeview and vice versa. whoever has the ball last wins this one.

Tres Lobos
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM
haha ya i was just hoping they come out good, last year at homecoming we come out real crappy and got down 21-0 at half, but i'm hoping that after coming out to sweetwater slow that they've learned to play with some emotion in the first half.

WTF-82
09-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
that's your sweet a** talking. kids notoriously bring less than their a-game for homecoming week. it will be tough for the loboes to stop lakeview and vice versa. whoever has the ball last wins this one.

I agree thats the scary thing about homecoming just so much going on. Though with Owens leading and them tasting a big home loss couple weeks ago intensity could be up real high for the Loboes once kickoff starts and this is what we are looking for high intensity all game for the Loboes.

wtfootball
09-25-2008, 06:02 AM
I anticipate SA to get the ball and score within 2 minutes, then Loboes pound it out for 9 minutes to tie. I think this will go on throughout the game. From the play of the fullback in week one, then tailback in week three, it is obvious they can run the football well. Turnovers will be the key to victory for either team.
Monahans 35
Lakeview 28

I have noticed that the Loboes have fallen off all the top 25 rankings. All from one missed kick? I think this team will make noise post season and many on the top 25 will be in stands watching.

justlikesports
09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I have been thinking all along that this is gonna be a test for the Loboes. Hope they prove me wrong and come out and play hard from beginning to end. And maybe homecoming hasn't been too much of a distraction. Looking forward to going to this game, haven't seen the team play since the Midland Christian game! GO GREEN! Good luck to all the Loboes, especially #81(I just love to watch that kid play) and #71(one of my extra sons).

Ranger Mom
09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Aren't y'all glad to get homecoming over before district though??

I feel bad for those teams who have homecoming DURING their district games!!

That's just craziness!!

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by wtfootball

All from one missed kick?

..and five turnovers
..a handful of dropped passes
.. numerous penalties
..LB's and safeties getting caught out of postion on a 94 yd. run

But I do agree about the Loboes playoff chances.

Black_Magic
09-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
San Angelo has a team with a winning record incredible Lakeview is 3-1 of course the wins have come against a couple of 3-A's.

Who wins. Lakeview is dangerous offensively a very good future college QB and a big back and some good receivers. They love to throw the ball. First spread team Monahans faced this year should be interesting. Seen Lakeview twice this year they are lots better defense is still? But really got after Greenwood last week. But I will take the Loboes in a good game.

Loboes 28-17 Lake View by 7. LV is for real

Ranger Mom
09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Lake View by 7. LV is for real

I hope you are right!!

Not that they will win by 7, but that they are the real deal....will make me feel better about our loss!! :p

Hopefully, we will have Blake McCoulluch back this week!!

WTF-82
09-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by justlikesports
I have been thinking all along that this is gonna be a test for the Loboes. Hope they prove me wrong and come out and play hard from beginning to end. And maybe homecoming hasn't been too much of a distraction. Looking forward to going to this game, haven't seen the team play since the Midland Christian game! GO GREEN! Good luck to all the Loboes, especially #81(I just love to watch that kid play) and #71(one of my extra sons).

I agree about #81 this kid is incredible fun to watch against Sweetwater on 2 point conversion I saw him destroy the end and knock him into the linebacker this caused the backer not to be able to get out and cover the flat resulted in good td conversion pass for the Loboes. In second half he hit the Stang RB and then just took the ball out of his hand for the big forced turnover. Yeah this little #81 Owens kid is special glad he is only a junior hope he just stays healthy.