PDA

View Full Version : can jasper beat burnet this year?

son of daddyman
10-26-2003, 10:34 PM
if all falls into place jasper will meet burnet in a rematch of last years semifinal game... can jasper beat them this year... every game they are inproving, gettin better, wut i want to know is if they can get good enough to topple the mountain that is burnet?

jason
10-26-2003, 10:43 PM
no..burnet by 35 in that game...

Bulldog92
10-26-2003, 10:46 PM
son of daddyman:
if all falls into place jasper will meet burnet in a rematch of last years semifinal game... can jasper beat them this year... every game they are inproving, gettin better, wut i want to know is if they can get good enough to topple the mountain that is burnet?From what I've heard all season, Burnet is better than they were last year and Jasper has dropped off considerably. If they play again this year, at least Jasper knows what they're up against...but I don't think we're strong enough to beat them unless they play really bad and we're flawless. Burnet by at least 14...

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Bulldog92 ]</small>

PPHSfan
10-26-2003, 10:59 PM
NO :p

3afan2K3
10-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Burnet by 28

fred grunden
10-27-2003, 12:24 AM
daddyman's son, why even bring it up? Can't we just worry about beating Woodville right now?

j_dog
10-27-2003, 12:24 AM
For goodness sakes, please leave topics like this alone Dog fans! We have two more tough district games before we are even in the playoffs. Cheez!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then, lets just talk about the opponent we are playing next, not some hypothetical opponent we might or might not ever get a chance to play. :)

Bulldog92
10-27-2003, 12:53 AM
You guys are right. There's a long road to hoe before this becomes a viable topic to discuss...if it does at all.

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 07:25 AM
son of daddyman:
if all falls into place jasper will meet burnet in a rematch of last years semifinal game... can jasper beat them this year... every game they are inproving, gettin better, wut i want to know is if they can get good enough to topple the mountain that is burnet?We would first have to get back to the semis. Once there, nope, they couldn't beat them.

southern_thunder
10-27-2003, 08:51 AM
spivey when was the last time you saw a Jasper team play in person my guess is at least a few years and I know you havent ever seen this team play. This is not the kind of team that Jasper has a reputation for being, the coaching staff that is ere now is slowly getting rid of that old Jasper mentality of being front runners meaning that things are good as long as things are going their way. This team has had to come from behind evry game this year except the Newton game and that is something the great teams of the past could never do because of the finger pointing and blaming everyone but themselves for what might be going wrong. You would not believe the barrage of harrassment and booing and yelling at the coaches and bad mouthing of coaches and players that come from the stands and community on a daily basis, and this is when we are winning. The town of Jasper does not understand how to get behind the team. And until the community can figure it out I dont believe the team will ever be able to over come it. If the town and community would get behind of the team and support the players and coaches even when things are bad instead of pointing fingers and badmouthing everyone involed, then maybe Jasper wouldbeat Burnet. Jasper needs to learn a lesson from the town of Burnet and stand behind its team through thick and thin!!

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 09:28 AM
southern_thunder:
spivey when was the last time you saw a Jasper team play in person my guess is at least a few years and I know you havent ever seen this team play. This is not the kind of team that Jasper has a reputation for being, the coaching staff that is ere now is slowly getting rid of that old Jasper mentality of being front runners meaning that things are good as long as things are going their way. This team has had to come from behind evry game this year except the Newton game and that is something the great teams of the past could never do because of the finger pointing and blaming everyone but themselves for what might be going wrong. You would not believe the barrage of harrassment and booing and yelling at the coaches and bad mouthing of coaches and players that come from the stands and community on a daily basis, and this is when we are winning. The town of Jasper does not understand how to get behind the team. And until the community can figure it out I dont believe the team will ever be able to over come it. If the town and community would get behind of the team and support the players and coaches even when things are bad instead of pointing fingers and badmouthing everyone involed, then maybe Jasper wouldbeat Burnet. Jasper needs to learn a lesson from the town of Burnet and stand behind its team through thick and thin!!I hate to hear that. But I believe it. Another thing Jasper needs to shed from the past is their dependence on the run. They need to start grooming quarterbacks who can pass the ball starting at the middle school level. You really need to be able to spread out fast defenses when you're in the playoffs. The farther you go in the playoffs, the faster the defenses get. I remember a decent Jasper squad getting shut out (by Lamarque) a few years ago because a lackluster passing attack never allowed the running game to materialize. Jasper had a great running game. But, Lamarque's speed and their knowledge that Jasper would primarily run the ball helped their quick defense to shut us down.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

southern_thunder
10-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Acutally Jasper has a good passing game with a QB that can throw the ball well and some great recievers who have speed and can catch, they just dont throw it much for some reason.

St. Ivender
10-27-2003, 09:45 AM
Yes Jasper can beat Burnet. Anyone can beat anyone under the right conditions. Burnet is strong but who knows, the flu bug might hit Burnet HS or someone could poison the water hole. yaneverknow

BurnetBandRules
10-27-2003, 10:25 AM
like stated before, lets focus on the game at hand.....How can you predict who could win this one, anyways? There quite a few more games to WORK through....anything can happen, Burent could loose the first round of play-offs or jasper could not even advance! YOU NEVER KNOW! So, doesn't it seem right to predict WHO will make it there before predicting them game score between two teams that may never go head to head again? Anyone can loose at any time!

crimson blood
10-27-2003, 10:25 AM
spiveyrat
[... They need to start grooming quarterbacks who can pass the ball starting at the middle school level. .[/QB][/QUOTE]

i saw a thursday game a couple weeks ago and let me tell you to watch their freshman qb. he is over 6' runs like a deer, cuts like a knife thru butter and can both thread the needle and toss the bomb {on target}. i saw all this including the bomb that went (2x) over 45 yard in the air hitting the receiver in stride for 6. that was against newton. looks like someone else has been seeing/believing the same, spivey. remember that it takes time to train up the next generation when you change basic philosophies. eek!

southern_thunder
10-27-2003, 10:45 AM
crimson blood:

spiveyrat
[... They need to start grooming quarterbacks who can pass the ball starting at the middle school level. .i saw a thursday game a couple weeks ago and let me tell you to watch their freshman qb. he is over 6' runs like a deer, cuts like a knife thru butter and can both thread the needle and toss the bomb {on target}. i saw all this including the bomb that went (2x) over 45 yard in the air hitting the receiver in stride for 6. that was against newton. looks like someone else has been seeing/believing the same, spivey. remember that it takes time to train up the next generation when you change basic philosophies. eek! [/QB][/QUOTE]

He is a Freshmen playing with the JV and will probly move up in the playoffs.

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 11:43 AM
crimson blood:

spiveyrat
[... They need to start grooming quarterbacks who can pass the ball starting at the middle school level. .i saw a thursday game a couple weeks ago and let me tell you to watch their freshman qb. he is over 6' runs like a deer, cuts like a knife thru butter and can both thread the needle and toss the bomb {on target}. i saw all this including the bomb that went (2x) over 45 yard in the air hitting the receiver in stride for 6. that was against newton. looks like someone else has been seeing/believing the same, spivey. remember that it takes time to train up the next generation when you change basic philosophies. eek! [/QB][/QUOTE]

THAT is good to hear!

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-27-2003, 11:46 AM
crimson blood:

spiveyrat
This kid should be playing ahead of Patton from the looks of it.

Stangster
10-27-2003, 05:47 PM
St. Ivender:
Yes Jasper can beat Burnet. Anyone can beat anyone under the right conditions. Burnet is strong but who knows, the flu bug might hit Burnet HS or someone could poison the water hole. yaneverknowAmen,or maybe Burnet will be overconfident and Jasper will take them to task, just ask Greenwood about Monahans.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Stangster ]</small>

whatusay2
10-27-2003, 07:26 PM
When I read this post, I got MAD. How in the world can we talk about playing Burnet when we haven't even officially won our District? I have one request...My fellow Jasperites, let's please take it one game at a time. Remember what happened last year when we got our hopes up? At the Burnet game, I'd never seen so many disappointed Jasper fans, ever...including me!

olddog73
10-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Stangster:

St. Ivender:
Yes Jasper can beat Burnet. Anyone can beat anyone under the right conditions. Burnet is strong but who knows, the flu bug might hit Burnet HS or someone could poison the water hole. yaneverknow</strong>

Amen,or maybe Burnet will be overconfident and Jasper will take them to task, just ask Greenwood about Monahans.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
NOT!

Gobbla2001
10-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Eff Ess You (FSU) couldn't beat Burnet, much less a buncha high school kids at Jasper...

Geez, what are you guys thinking?

LUMBER_JACK
10-27-2003, 08:16 PM
I KNOW I AM NOT FROM JASPER OR BURNET, BUT I THINK IT WILL GO TO THE TEAM WHO WANTS IT THE MOST. AND MAKES LESS MISTAKES. ITS OPEN TO EVERYONE, AND YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON GETTING THERE, BEFORE FOCUSSING ON IT.

j_dog
10-27-2003, 08:22 PM
spiveyrat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by southern_thunder:
[qb]..... I remember a decent Jasper squad getting shut out (by Lamarque) a few years ago because a lackluster passing attack never allowed the running game to materialize. Jasper had a great running game. But, Lamarque's speed and their knowledge that Jasper would primarily run the ball helped their quick defense to shut us down.Hey, give Jasper a break for that game! I was there also. That was the very best LaMarque team of all time, per LaMarque fans. There were probably quite a few junior college teams they could have beaten. Size, they might have made last year's Jasper team look small, and talk about "quick defense", you said it all. Jasper never had a chance. frown

j_dog
10-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Gobbla2001:
Eff Ess You (FSU) couldn't beat Burnet, much less a buncha high school kids at Jasper...

Geez, what are you guys thinking?Gobbla, gotta agree with you this time. I wish this topic had never been started. Hope it doesn't happen again, not from Jasper especially. frown

next generation
10-27-2003, 08:28 PM
A repeat of last years match up.

Gobbla2001
10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
j_dog:

Gobbla2001:

Geez, what are you guys thinking?Gobbla, gotta agree with you this time. I wish this topic had never been started. Hope it doesn't happen again, not from Jasper especially. :(Just keep on supporting the Jasper Bulldogs, I don't care who they can't beat, because last year, Burnet was supposed to get their butts kicked, correct?

I'm thinking this year could turn out the same... Maybe they are 'too' good, but then again, maybe they're all friggan' human?

Good luck the rest of the way!!!

The Civilian
10-28-2003, 02:12 PM
If Jasper does meet Burnet I hope that they are destroyed.

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 02:36 PM
The Civilian:
If Jasper does meet Burnet I hope that they are destroyed.Who?

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Yeah, who?

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Yea Jasper has two more district games. Woodville
Huntington. which they should win. :D

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

theyoefnshow
10-28-2003, 04:27 PM
in a word NO. Burnet demolished Jasper last year when they (Burnet) was still young and Jasper established w/ several key players. This year it would be a slaughter.

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 04:52 PM
The Civilian:
If Jasper does meet Burnet I hope that they are destroyed.You are either out of school or aren't going to answer the question. :rolleyes:

BurnetBandRules
10-28-2003, 05:14 PM
GIVE JASPER A BREAK AGAINST THAT LAMARQUE TEAM?????? I don't see why! If that is so, then people need to give Burnet a break against Everman! We didn't deserve a break, they were just better than us and that is something you should realize, too! Gracias, Senior!

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-28-2003, 05:56 PM
yea southerthunder, if the parents and fans are behaving towards the team this way im suprised they have won any game well good luck jasper with your games and hope to see u in the playoffs.

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 11:36 PM
southern_thunder:
spivey when was the last time you saw a Jasper team play in person my guess is at least a few years and I know you havent ever seen this team play. This is not the kind of team that Jasper has a reputation for being, the coaching staff that is ere now is slowly getting rid of that old Jasper mentality of being front runners meaning that things are good as long as things are going their way. This team has had to come from behind evry game this year except the Newton game and that is something the great teams of the past could never do because of the finger pointing and blaming everyone but themselves for what might be going wrong. You would not believe the barrage of harrassment and booing and yelling at the coaches and bad mouthing of coaches and players that come from the stands and community on a daily basis, and this is when we are winning. The town of Jasper does not understand how to get behind the team. And until the community can figure it out I dont believe the team will ever be able to over come it. If the town and community would get behind of the team and support the players and coaches even when things are bad instead of pointing fingers and badmouthing everyone involed, then maybe Jasper wouldbeat Burnet. Jasper needs to learn a lesson from the town of Burnet and stand behind its team through thick and thin!!Understand that I'm not taking up for the people who make stupid comments and maybe you are hanging around different people than I am. That said, your post could be said about any team that has a winning tradition. "Our team is consistantly good, but never can win the big one." I have said the same thing, but that doesn't mean that I don't support Jasper.

Burnet doesn't have that kind of reputation. These past few years are the first years in a while since Burnet has had any amount of success. I think that's why they have great fan support. It's new. I say enjoy it. But don't think for a second that Jasper fan's don't get behind their team. I respectfully disagree with that assessment of the Jasper fans.

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

j_dog
10-29-2003, 12:37 AM
The Civilian:
If Jasper does meet Burnet I hope that they are destroyed.I am sorry that you wrote that. But still, if Newton makes it to the small school Semi's you can bet I and most Jasper fans will be pulling for them. Period. We all need to support our area teams.

southern_thunder
10-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Jasperdog94, it is not the people I am hanging around with it is what is coming from the stands and unfortunately is is from some of the players parents which means the kids are also getting it at home which means the program is really being underminded at its roots and the is the kids. But the kids seem to be able to overcome it as well as they can.

MARLINFAN
10-29-2003, 10:11 AM
no way