PDA

View Full Version : PhilC...Advice on Rap Music

JR2004
09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
After reading your take on Lil' Wayne recently, you come across as being quite the afficionado of all things rap. I think I want to go buy a some Rap CD's. Give me a list of rappers who you think are worth spending money on to get their latest CD.

Necks_Fan
09-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
After reading your take on Lil' Wayne
Where was I when this happened?

Link?

cameron91
09-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Jr..depends on what type of rap music you like.if you're main stream , then go with lil wayne.

then if you're down south ( Texas )..go with Z-RO..new CD call crack..he's with Rap a Lot.....

Phil C
09-25-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't really listen to much rap music but I really enjoyed Lil Wayne when he was on Saturday Night Live and am sure his cds are worth buying.

Ranger Mom
09-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't really listen to much rap music but I really enjoyed Lil Wayne when he was on Saturday Night Live and am sure his cds are worth buying.

Did you ever listen to Tone-Loc or MC Hammer??:D

Vanilla Ice?:eek:

BobcatBenny
09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did you ever listen to Tone-Loc or MC Hammer??:D

Vanilla Ice?:eek:
Funky Cold Medina! :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Funky Cold Medina! :clap:

I listened to that on my way into work this morning!!

:D

Phil C
09-25-2008, 09:49 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86263&highlight=wayne+money

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey Phil C would you still like Lil' Wayne if you knew he was
a Packers fan?:thinking: :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3607474&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

JR2004
09-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

BUT you do listen to some Phil! Give me some other recommendations!

thatboiwes
09-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
After reading your take on Lil' Wayne recently, you come across as being quite the afficionado of all things rap. I think I want to go buy a some Rap CD's. Give me a list of rappers who you think are worth spending money on to get their latest CD.

Chamillionaire for sure. He has a new freestyle cd, Mixtape Messiah 4. He is one of the best lyricist (sp?) out there. He is great to listen to, especially if you don't like to hear the "f" bomb every other word. He hardly ever says any cuss words. Both "The Sound of Revenge" and "Ultimate Victory" were great albums. If you haven't heard them, you definately should.

You can check out some of his songs at chamillionaire.com.

Phil C
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hey Phil C would you still like Lil' Wayne if you knew he was
a Packers fan?:thinking: :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3607474&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

I can't hold that against him at all Sweetwater Red! One of my former bosses who is a great person is from Wisconsin not far from Green Bay ansd is a big Packer fan.