PDA

View Full Version : Vernon v Clyde

Dominicfrank
09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Who wins. Clyde lost to Sweetwater right but killed Graham ? Vernon has looked terrible. I still think Vernon wins. I look for Whiteside to start being the back we all thought he could be ths year. Injury should be behind him.

garciap77
09-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Who wins. Clyde lost to Sweetwater right but killed Graham ? Vernon has looked terrible. I still think Vernon wins. I look for Whiteside to start being the back we all thought he could be ths year. Injury should be behind him.

Vernon will win this one!

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm not confident the Lions have put it together yet. I would like to see some offensive production before I start picking them to win.

lakers
09-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Clyde of course.
It is homecoming...

Clyde by 10

lion75
09-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Mark this as a homer call

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Clyde of course.
It is homecoming...

Clyde by 10

Or more...as I remember the last three times we were knocked
out of the playoffs by Vernon.:(

2aDogFan
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
These Clyde boys arent proud of shootin thereselves in both feet, not taking anything away from S'water - helluva runnin game, but the stench of losing like that is burnin fire in their gut and theres only one way to put it out. I dont envy the lions coming here on homecoming.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 2aDogFan
These Clyde boys arent proud of shootin thereselves in both feet, not taking anything away from S'water - helluva runnin game, but the stench of losing like that is burnin fire in their gut and theres only one way to put it out. I dont envy the lions coming here on homecoming.
clyde is gonna get donkey stomped.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
and they should prepare themselves for the butt whipping Cisco is going to put on them.

2aDogFan
09-25-2008, 06:00 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There aint no donkeys in this dance

quote:
and they should prepare themselves for the butt whipping Cisco is going to put on them.

Amen to the preparation part.... one game at a time

Dominicfrank
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I thought Clyde would be a tough test for Vernon this year.

gibby
09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok, I'm a Wylie homer, and we have had no love loss when it comes to Clyde, but, I still have to go with Clyde on this one. Okay I SAID IT. I feel better already.

Peace Up

wtxfootball08
09-26-2008, 12:02 AM
clyde....by ten

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
I just saw that Clyde opened up its run defense for over 300 yards against Sweetwater. Vernon does the same thing -- pound the ball so maybe I'm selling my Lions short. We have had some O-line problems from what I understand. Maybe tonight is the night we put it together.

Good luck Lions.

Dominicfrank
09-26-2008, 10:59 AM
With two backs going for over 100 last game I can only assume it was a fluke not getting more points. I look for Vernon to put some points on the board tonight but not sure it will be enough.

Texas Grid Iron
09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Speaking of Donkey Stomped hope yall are prepared for the aerial assault that yall will face tonight! The only thing I like about Wylie is the Coach he could take a troop of girl scouts and win district and probably state for the rest of the people that live there well I will leave it at that!!!!!! He is probably one of the best at his job I have seen in a long time and he is Wylie Sports! Mark it down and if he leaves or retires watch the spiral!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Stang
09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
I picked Clyde to win. I don't think Vernon is far enough along to beat them.

Still, I predict that the Lions will continue to improve and make the playoffs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I picked Clyde to win. I don't think Vernon is far enough along to beat them.

Still, I predict that the Lions will continue to improve and make the playoffs.

You may be right on. It may take the Lions a few more games to get the blocking schemes right. With Clyde throwing the ball so much they may expose the Lions secondary like Argyle did. What does give me hope is that Sweetwater ran all over Clyde and that is what the Lions do -- run the ball.

Hopefully it will be a good game.

Dominicfrank
09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
in 2A clyde will be a monster out if they ar a passing team. I like the passing teams against Vernon, gives us a better chance of getting turnovers. If they have a decent run game and a good passing game then we are in trouble.