PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

nobogey72
09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
A friend of mine (who is also an avid Wylie fan) who has ties to Brownwood through relatives wanted to bet me a steak supper at the restraunt of my choice that Wylie would beat Brownwood. Now that creates a dilema for me. Because I love to gamble, and it concerns matters of the heart (free steak, and Wylie football). Here are my options: 1) don't take the bet out of loyalty to Wylie 2) take the bet and if I win, I would be very sad that we lost, but would have a free steak coming, 3) take the bet and if I lose the bet, I would be very happy that we beat Brownwood, and look at the steak dinner on me as a victory party OR 4) go home tonight and drink a bunch of beer, eat some Cheetos and think about it some more.:thinking: Someone please help me.:helpme: :confused:

BobcatBenny
09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I think your friend should ask you for some points! :D

charlesrixey
09-24-2008, 11:17 AM
i'm confused

so you're saying that to win the bet, you have to go against Wylie?

Bullaholic
09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Bet another guy that Wylie wins, and the worst that can happen is you have to eat 2 steak dinners---one of which will be free. :D

nobogey72
09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i'm confused

so you're saying that to win the bet, you have to go against Wylie?

Yep!! :eek:

STANG RED
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
:doh: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of selling out your team for a chunk of meat. You should be tied up and horse whipped with a cat of 9 tails for even thinking about it.

And besides, we all know you Wylieites have prime filet mignon, rare and expensive caviar, and the finest red wine to wash it all down as a typical pre game meal anyway.:p

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Heck....I didn't even answer. I figure you are gonna do exactly what your wife TELLS you to do!!

nobogey72
09-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:doh: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of selling out your team for a chunk of meat. You should be tied up and horse whipped with a cat of 9 tails for even thinking about it.

And besides, we all know you Wylieites have prime filet mignon, rare and expensive caviar, and the finest red wine to wash it all down as a typical pre game meal anyway.:p

I agree, but the problem for me is that the guy that bet me is one of those kind that you just love to win a bet off of cause he is so tight. I'd rather win 50cents off of him than $100 off of anyone else. You know the kind?

nobogey72
09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Heck....I didn't even answer. I figure you are gonna do exactly what your wife TELLS you to do!!

No, she loves to gamble too! Last bet she and I had was we bet (can't disclose what the bet was) on who could shave the fastest. She won, but she cut her chin pretty bad. ;)

Looking4number8
09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
4) go home tonight and drink a bunch of beer, eat some Cheetos and think about it some more.:thinking: Someone please help me.:helpme: :confused:

4 Seems like the only logical choice to me. You have a little of 2 weeks that you can keep this choice, then in a drunken state you can pick the Lion win for the chance of either a free meal or a celebration meal (not likely) at your expense. Also you can only use the "I was drunk when I said that" excuse. Aso when you are outside drunk in you boxers and wife beater t-shirt, you are sure to make some new freinds (all be it they will be in uniform with some pretty braclets for you)

garciap77
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Go home tonight and drink a bunch of beer, eat some Cheetos and think about it some more.
:D :D :D

espn1
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Never make a bet you think you might lose! If you're going out to eat anyway who cares if you buy a bud a CFS dinner!