PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball Scores 9-23-08

hookandladder
09-24-2008, 06:13 AM
La Grange beats Columbus in 5 games. Any other scores.

Bulligator
09-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Bellville beat Sealy in 4 games.

gatordaze
09-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Celina beat Navada Community in 3

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Sinton def. Robstown, 3-0
Ingleside def. Orange Grove, 3-1
West Oso def. Mathis, 3-1
Aransas Pass def. Falfurrias, 3-2

Standings:

Sinton 4-0
Aransas Pass 4-0
Ingleside 3-1
Falfurrias 3-1
Orange Grove 1-3
West Oso 1-3
Mathis 0-4
Robstown 0-4

Games Friday:
Orange Grove @ Sinton
Aransas Pass @ Mathis
Ingleside @ Falfurrias
West Oso @ Robstown

Ingleside Fan
09-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton def. Robstown, 3-0
Ingleside def. Orange Grove, 3-1
West Oso def. Mathis, 3-1
Aransas Pass def. Falfurrias, 3-2

Standings:

Sinton 4-0
Aransas Pass 4-0
Ingleside 3-1
Falfurrias 3-1
Orange Grove 1-3
West Oso 1-3
Mathis 0-4
Robstown 0-4

Games Friday:
Orange Grove @ Sinton
Aransas Pass @ Mathis
Ingleside @ Falfurrias
West Oso @ Robstown

Thanks for the update. I guess we will see who will be in 3rd place the 26th, Ingleside or Falfurrias? Our Ladys have really came to life in district play.:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Thanks for the update. I guess we will see who will be in 3rd place the 26th, Ingleside or Falfurrias? Our Ladys have really came to life in district play.:clap: :clap: Yall were pretty young last year if I remember correctly. Should have a pretty solid club.

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Conference 3A

1. Wimberley

2. Lucas Lovejoy

3. Bellville

4. Texarkana Liberty Eylau

5. Columbus

6. Prosper

7. Bonham

8. Groesbeck

9. Bridge City

10. Monahans

11. Liberty Hill

12. Dalhart

13. Gatesville

14. Argyle

15. Texarkana Pleasant Grove

16. Edna

17. Wharton

18. Aransas Pass

19. Palacios

20. Taylor

Phil C
09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
They ought to just award the state championship to Wimberly after the regular season and then let everyone else fight it out for second place because whoever faces Wimberly in the playoffs will be eliminated automatically.

Daddy D 11
09-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
They ought to just award the state championship to Wimberly after the regular season and then let everyone else fight it out for second place because whoever faces Wimberly in the playoffs will be eliminated automatically.

Watched Wimberley and Lucas Lovejoy play this year at the Wimberley TexFest. Lovejoy gave Wimberley EVERYTHING they could handle. There is really no seperation in either team.

Oh, and LH beat Canyon Lake last night.

Balcones fault
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Watched Wimberley and Lucas Lovejoy play this year at the Wimberley TexFest. Lovejoy gave Wimberley EVERYTHING they could handle. There is really no seperation in either team.

Oh, and LH beat Canyon Lake last night.

Lovejoy has a high school now? I guess they finally split off from Allen.

Way to go LH volleyball! Its about time that the LH girls athletics show up. No offense, but Celina volleyball was non-existant for a long time, so I base my comment on that history. Its tough for girls fall sports to compete with the successful football programs sometimes in smaller schools. Celina did have a strong girls cross country program. The great and wonderful HS football team is all well and good but in that case it limited potential athletic opportunity for my daughter to x-country or cheerleading. We moved. End of story. I think Celina did get a volleyball program once Butch Ford became AD, to his credit.

hookandladder
09-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Conference 3A

1. Wimberley

2. Lucas Lovejoy

3. Bellville

4. Texarkana Liberty Eylau

5. Columbus

6. Prosper

7. Bonham

8. Groesbeck

9. Bridge City

10. Monahans

11. Liberty Hill

12. Dalhart

13. Gatesville

14. Argyle

15. Texarkana Pleasant Grove

16. Edna

17. Wharton

18. Aransas Pass

19. Palacios

20. Taylor

Wow, La Grange beat the #5 ranked team in State.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Wow, La Grange beat the #5 ranked team in State.

Good win for the Lady Leps, this District looks to be as good as the Football teams, Bellville #3 played a good Sealy team that will beat teams in District, and La Grange beating #5 Columbus. This also means some good teams will not make the play-offs.

Go Bellville Brahmannetts 9 State Titles going for 10!

LHexPlayer
09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
Lovejoy has a high school now? I guess they finally split off from Allen.

Way to go LH volleyball! Its about time that the LH girls athletics show up. No offense, but Celina volleyball was non-existant for a long time, so I base my comment on that history. Its tough for girls fall sports to compete with the successful football programs sometimes in smaller schools. Celina did have a strong girls cross country program. The great and wonderful HS football team is all well and good but in that case it limited potential athletic opportunity for my daughter to x-country or cheerleading. We moved. End of story. I think Celina did get a volleyball program once Butch Ford became AD, to his credit.

The Liberty Hill Lady Panthers have a long history of being very good in girls basketball. Volleyball has never been our strongest girls sports. We seem to have a great coach that is really turning the volleyball program around. But to say about time the LH girls athletics to show up is offbase. Girls have made the final four in basketball a few years.

gatordaze
09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Way to go LH volleyball! Its about time that the LH girls athletics show up. No offense, but Celina volleyball was non-existant for a long time, so I base my comment on that history. Its tough for girls fall sports to compete with the successful football programs sometimes in smaller schools. Celina did have a strong girls cross country program. The great and wonderful HS football team is all well and good but in that case it limited potential athletic opportunity for my daughter to x-country or cheerleading. We moved. End of story. I think Celina did get a volleyball program once Butch Ford became AD, to his credit. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is only Celina's 7th season of Vball. They should battle for a playoff spot behind Prosper and Argyle based upon early season performance. They seem to be getting better and are on a 6 match win streak.

justlikesports
09-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Monahans lost their district opener to Seminole in 5 games. This year's team is very young and not many experienced varsity starters. They are definitely a work in progress. Keep your heads up ladies! This is the Lady Loboes first district lost in 7 years.

BTownVBall3
09-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Bellville loses to Halletsville in 5 games..

Tough loss

lv2937
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
They ought to just award the state championship to Wimberly after the regular season and then let everyone else fight it out for second place because whoever faces Wimberly in the playoffs will be eliminated automatically. i would not bet on that phil. burnet beat wimberly in 3 stright games. burnet 5/0 wimberly 4/1 liberty hill 3/2 in dirstrict.

Sweetwater Red
09-30-2008, 09:48 AM
I was going to brag about Sweetwater beating Wylie last
Friday in their district opener. According to this article, this is
the first year ever that Wylie has had a volleyball team.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/113106/122/